Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:01:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Subbed to DAOC by Mistake 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Subbed to DAOC by Mistake  (Read 4900 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: August 26, 2008, 07:34:25 AM

After not playing beta for a couple of months, I tried to patch.  When asked for account info, I put in password but couldn't get it.  So I went to my Warhammer Beta Center page - everything looks good, including confirmation of my CE preorder. 

I clicked on Visit the Account Center, and see a subscription page under billing (thinking I have to actually give them a CC number).  Clicked on "Pay by Credit Card" next to the Warhammer logo on the page.  I'm redirected to a page that asks for CC info, which I fill in.  I fail to notice the DAOC logo to the right.

So I just paid for 3 months of DAOC by mistake.

Don't do this.

Apparently EA Mythic has sort of kinda part of their billing thing working but not all of it.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 07:55:46 AM

Incidently, I still can't seem to patch, and it tells me my password is incorrect, despite me changing it and using a new password.  I haven't downloaded a patch in a couple of months.  Do I have to completely reinstall the client, or what?  Anyone know?
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:57:22 AM

What is it saying error-wise?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 08:00:22 AM

That my password is invalid.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:02:34 AM

The odd thing is, it did patch one file before I tried changing my password, but then asked me for my login/pass again.  Then I changed my password.  Then I tried the subscription thing.

This is my punishment for slacking on the beta!
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:14:02 AM

Your account login at the eamythic site can be completely different from your game's login so it is a bit confusing.  You can change both passwords.  If you now have a DAoC account that can also have a different password and user name from both the website and the Warhammer account...
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 08:20:42 AM

Just got off the phone with the Mythic guy in customer support, who could not have been more helpful.  He not only refunded and deactivated my mistaken subscription, but told me exactly how to get to where I want to go with the Warhammer beta.  He was pleasant without being obsequious, knowledgeable without being condescending, and I didn't have to deal with that shitty rp the WOW CS people engage in.

But still, kids - don't try to subscribe to Warhammer yet especially if you have an old DAOC account!
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:21:21 AM

It's because you're a woman. If you'd been a guy he'd have said MONEY OR GTFO.

Then would have mumbled something about Bazooko's Circus.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:29:53 AM

I didn't have to deal with that shitty rp the WOW CS people engage in.

Is this for real?  I have never called MMO CS support, but this would drive me into a rage.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 03:50:49 PM

Is this for real?  I have never called MMO CS support, but this would drive me into a rage.

Shes talking about the ingame gms.

I am the .00000001428%
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 03:57:05 PM

Glad you got it resolved. If I had to guess at your problem it's because you needed to reenter your beta key to get back into the game and remake some of your accounts. For some inexplicible reason the "old timers" were not moved over automatically to their current system. It's like in the earlier beta phases when accounts had to be activated manually by somebody over at EA. They just don't have somebody over there that can write automation tools for this sort of thing so everything has to be done by hand (in this case by you).

The fact that their backend account management infrastructure is creaky at best bodes well for launch awesome, for real
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 10:42:32 PM

I think I had the same problem (minus the subbing to doac), except it took me almost 2 weeks of run around in order to resolve it. By then I couldn't use Warpstone with the rest of the semi-elder testers.

It's given me a big rubbery one for the game and I'm probably not going to play now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:45:20 PM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 03:52:35 AM

Shes talking about the ingame gms.

Also depends on the GM.  I've had some try to RP I've had some just treat it like a normal customer service job.  My mood varies as to which I prefer.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Subbed to DAOC by Mistake  
Jump to: