Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:22:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Welcome to Bat Country [FAQ] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome to Bat Country [FAQ]  (Read 26248 times)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

on: August 25, 2008, 08:23:05 AM

Hi! I'm Nonentity, and I'll be your guild leader. My co-pilots in this leadership are Tazelbain and schild.

The Basics:
Side: Order
Server Type: Core

Launch Schedule:
Headstarts: CE Preorder - 14th / Regular Preorder - 15th
Regular Launch: 18th

Class Thoughts: We need a good mix of all 4 types below.  Obviously, there will be a lot of DPS classes, and that's fine, but having sufficient Healers and Tanks is also very important. Two tanks that are using guard on one another take almost no damage.

Class Guides:
Rune Priest Guide 1
Rune Priest Guide 2
Ironbreaker Guide
Archmage Guide
Bright Wizard Guide
Engineer Guide
Witch Hunter Guide
Swordmaster Guide

Information Sources:
WarHerald (Official Community News Site)

WAR Curse (GUI Mods, Addons, Etc.)

HammerWiki (a Wiki]

WarDB (ThottBot/WoWDB for WAR, includes Keep Statuses and such)

Warhammer Alliance (Official "Unofficial" Forums)

The War Wiki (Just Another Wiki, not up to HammerWiki quality yet)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:16:34 PM by schild »

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 09:46:48 AM

Just a note, since it seems to be a common mistake. Squig herders are the mirror of shadow warrior. They are not related to white lions.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 09:52:18 AM

Friends and Family are welcome to join.  They should be made aware of our "salty" nature.

"Me am play gods"
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:23:30 AM

Just a note, since it seems to be a common mistake. Squig herders are the mirror of shadow warrior. They are not related to white lions.

Well, it's like this:

The 'stance' mechanic is for the destruction melee dps and the order ranged dps.
The 'pet' mechanic is for the destruction ranged dps and order melee dps.

They're technically mirrors, although they mix up the range of them.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:08:52 PM

Are Bat Country and Banjo Kazooie going to be on the same server?  I hope so. 
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 12:20:14 PM

If they both go core, yes. Probably. But we kind of want to put Bazooko's on the server that sounds the most GOOD. Like, "HEY PALADINS, ROLL HERE." That would be a good server. Or "Elves wanted." All depends on the servers basically.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 12:24:01 PM

Don't you think there will be a realm lock at release?

"Me am play gods"
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 12:27:09 PM

Don't you think there will be a realm lock at release?

I was assuming there would be, but we dont know yet.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 01:00:55 PM

The Grubs are going order as well, so we'll hook up with you cats when it launches. I believe there is a guild alliance system in place no?

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 01:03:05 PM

Yea, we'll be alliancing with Morf's crew. And I guess the Grubs now too!
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 01:04:40 PM

Yea, we'll be alliancing with Morf's crew. And I guess the Grubs now too!

Nice, we'll be bringing some serious hitters over. Few big cat asses, few WoW high warlords etc. Even a frenchie.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 01:24:21 PM

Of course, the only problem will be, f13 is going to actively avoid groups like SA, Ebonlore, etc. So uhmmmmmmm. Yea. Alliancing may be tough :) Maybe. We'll see. Unless you let us pick the server. And by us I mean me. And by me I mean Nonentity and Tazelbain.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 01:27:38 PM

Of course, the only problem will be, f13 is going to actively avoid groups like SA, Ebonlore, etc. So uhmmmmmmm. Yea. Alliancing may be tough :) Maybe. We'll see. Unless you let us pick the server. And by us I mean me. And by me I mean Nonentity and Tazelbain.

I don't give a dick about what server we're on as long as it's core ruleset, so have at it.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 01:33:10 PM

Actually, avoiding goons is all I care about because they can overrun by themselves.
I like the idea of choosing a neutral name for our server.

"Me am play gods"
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 01:36:47 PM

Speaking of servers any word on when and if they plan on releasing the launch server list?
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 01:44:21 PM

STUPID QUESTION WARNING:

Why do we have a "Name and Class" thread when the game's still the better part of a month away?  Are these beta characters who are going to carry over in to the retail release, or are they hypothetical characters who will be rolled once the game goes live, or is the Bat Country guild just for the beta, or what?
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 01:46:40 PM

They're for release. Started it a little earlier than normal so that we could gauge balance and what classes we were light or heavy on ahead of time. Gives time for people to adjust and whatnot. Proper planning, etc.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 02:11:32 PM

Yeah - I would have liked to play on an Open server, but I'm okay with a Core ruleset.

I'm also fine with avoiding the big zerg guilds like Ebonlore, Goons, etc.

We need to pick the absolute dumbest sounding name server, so nobody picks it.

Instead of 'Mountain of Doom Fire', we need to pick like, 'The Plains of Green' or something.

Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 02:13:40 PM

Yeah - I would have liked to play on an Open server, but I'm okay with a Core ruleset.

I'm also fine with avoiding the big zerg guilds like Ebonlore, Goons, etc.

We need to pick the absolute dumbest sounding name server, so nobody picks it.

Instead of 'Mountain of Doom Fire', we need to pick like, 'The Plains of Green' or something.

If it wasn't for that lame ass chicken mechanic, I'd have been down for an open server also. But, with that in place, fuck open.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 02:52:33 PM

Yeah, the chicken thing is kind of dumb. They just need to downlevel.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 04:17:55 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 05:07:03 PM

I'm trying to decide if I want to be in my usual guild of people that will lose interest after a month or throw in with THIS guild that will lose interest in a month. Decisions!

God Save the Horn Players
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 01:08:32 AM

We're at least gonna try our best this time. Har.
Midama
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 11:23:56 AM

I'll probably try to join up with you guys, at least part time. Destruction classes/lore looks much more appealing to me, but I'm thinking it's the new alliance and i want to avoid half hour queues and the masses of tards.

Edit: still no idea on class either. I've lots of experiance healing and tanking in mmo's. The ironbreaker looks great but i fear the nerfbat and dont want to pvp like a prot warrior in wow. Also...long range pvp stand off situations suck for melee classes generaly. I'd jump right on the bright wizard train but its looking like half of order will be BW's  swamp poop
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:29:25 AM by Midama »
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 11:51:35 AM

I'm not in the beta but i'm 99% sure i'll pick this up.  I'd love to be in the f13 guild and i tend to usually play healer/tank in mmorpgs.

for tank, depends on how ironbreaker and swordmaster play.
for healer, i'll def be making a warrior priest (i like my healers in descent armor, fuck healing in tissue paper)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 12:23:47 PM

looks like the open beta coincides with my next business trip.  I might get in for a day or two at the end but otherwise won't be able to touch the game until release, and since I'm not pre-ordering when I start will depend on when I can get to a store and pick up a copy.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 09:02:10 AM

I'd jump right on the bright wizard train but its looking like half of order will be BW's  swamp poop

Bat Country has 0 BWs at the moment...so feel free to jump on that train.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 09:45:11 AM

Any branch on the destruction side?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008, 09:54:11 AM

No.  It was decided that we should focus our manpower on one side and that Order is the better side for good fights in RvR.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:46:16 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 02:25:05 PM

I'll likely play a tank, haven't decided which race yet though.  I liked them both, dwarves aesthetically and elves functionality.  I will also have an AOE Bright Wiz as well, but it will be an alt.  I really like the idea of being that dumbass running around aoe nuking everything in sight without regard to my safety. 
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 03:09:35 PM

I will also have an AOE Bright Wiz as well, but it will be an alt.  I really like the idea of being that dumbass running around aoe nuking everything in sight without regard to my safety. 

It's ok, I'll just give you the same amount of healing as I did the mages in WoW that acted that way... smiley

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
sutekh13
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 04:21:20 PM

Chalk me up as another one in the front row watching this guild crash and burn in a spectacular fashion 2.5 weeks after launch.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 06:45:06 PM

I will also have an AOE Bright Wiz as well, but it will be an alt.  I really like the idea of being that dumbass running around aoe nuking everything in sight without regard to my safety. 

It's ok, I'll just give you the same amount of healing as I did the mages in WoW that acted that way... smiley

That's what I intend, good sir. 
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 06:25:57 AM

Can we add friends an family names to the roster now?  Do you want them to make and f13 account?  Or should we just give you a shout out when we are in-game?
schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 06:32:31 AM

Eh, have them post whenever they make accounts. It's an all pvp game, power in numbers.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Welcome to Bat Country [FAQ]  
Jump to: