Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Guild Tools Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Tools Screenshots  (Read 15623 times)
schild
Administrator

on: August 25, 2008, 06:53:42 AM

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/01.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/02.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/03.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/04.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/05.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/06.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/07.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/08.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/09.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/10.png
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39720/games/warhammer%20online/guild%20tools/11.png

They did a decent job here. Could still use some work, but better than most games offer at launch (or later). I wonder how much is broken though.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:24:27 AM by schild »
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:07:02 AM

Up to level 15 works correctly.  That is the highest we got in guild beta though what with the guild deletions and such.  This is one part of the game I am very much looking forward to.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:01:22 AM

Taxes...  Heart
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:05:58 AM

How are taxes applied? I don't see a screen that lets you set a tax rate either.

- Viin
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:07:24 AM

I couldn't find the tax screen. Hopefully Vinadil pops up with an answer.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:21:02 AM

Yeah, I couldn't see anything about how to setup the taxes.

Once I get some more information on how to do this, I'll get a poll setup with how we want to do the taxes, and if we actually need to.

I'm not at all sure what we would need money for, but I'm sure we'll find out.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:23:26 AM

We'll need money for bankrolling Bazooko's Circus. Rite? RITE? Nah, I'm sure it's set aside to help newbies start out and to pass down to alts and such. I don't see there being much cost in the game itself other than the odd siege weapon or city repair here and there.
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 08:58:30 AM

Let me amend my answer and say that the PvP parts of the guild menu and the calendaring are working.  Some pages/things will only be open to the actual guild leader, so I never saw a way to implement taxes either.  Honestly that is one DOWN side to it.  I don't know why people still insist on having only one account that can access certain parts of the guild tab.  We never tried to use the Tax feature, but I will check with our in-game GL to see if it is functioning or not.

Most of our issues came down to the fact that the GL has to give VERY specific rights to people.  For example, I started as an 'Officer'.  WHen I moved to 'Standard Bearer' I lost some of my officer roles and not others.  Again, it seems like the Guild Leader will be the one who sees most of the shiny toys, but all in all I have to say that it was a good system and the PvP levelling seems to add a new component.

The alliance system seems to be working as well, though right now it is mostly just a joint Calendar/Communication system.  We really did not get much of a chance to test it.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 04:46:22 PM

We'll need money for bankrolling Bazooko's Circus. Rite? RITE? Nah, I'm sure it's set aside to help newbies start out and to pass down to alts and such. I don't see there being much cost in the game itself other than the odd siege weapon or city repair here and there.

I'm guessing we you don't get to loot elf corpses?

Edit.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 04:55:12 AM

I'm guessing we you don't get to loot elf corpses?

Edit.

Yes, you do. In scenarios and RvR, players have loot tables.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 07:09:12 AM

I think that when you come across a dead elf, the butchering skill should kick in instead of the scavenging one.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 07:22:29 AM

WTF.

You can loot corpses?

Oh gods.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 07:35:10 AM

WTF.

You can loot corpses?

Oh gods.

And it's totally random. Ahem. Random.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 07:35:53 AM

wat
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 07:36:24 AM

WTF.

You can loot corpses?

Oh gods.
Faux looting, the player being looted loses nothing.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 07:37:11 AM

That doesn't matter to Hat. What matters is the loot part. He's trembling right now, I promise.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 07:53:20 AM

hate
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 09:44:15 AM

I never really found any use for money in the game except the 30G for a horsie at level 20. Siege stuff is weak (except oil) and cheap.

Hell, just take scavenging. Use it and sell the stuff you get and money rolls in. Scavenging/Butchery/Cultivating is just good for alchemy, and alchemy is not very good.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 09:52:44 AM

So, how does the guild leveling stuff work? How do you get 'guild xp'? Is top-level stuff indispensable for each guild or only for hardcore RvRers? IOW, do you need to be in a 50+ person uberguild to get anywhere? :p

I read the wiki page, but it was kind of inconclusive... maybe I fail at reading comprehension and whatnot.

-- Z.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 10:08:32 AM

That doesn't matter to Hat. What matters is the loot part. He's trembling right now, I promise.

If he had a sponsor, I am thinking he would be on the phone to them 24/7 trying not to go preorder WAR.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 10:14:55 AM

All my fucking sponsors are going to be playing.

I think I need to sell the gaming PC.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 10:22:55 AM

Hey, motherfucker, if you don't want to game, just don't game. No one is twisting your goddamn arm. Schtick getting old.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 10:23:48 AM

Hey, motherfucker, if you don't want to game, just don't game. No one is twisting your goddamn arm. Schtick getting old.

Fuck you, I want to game.

Ohhhhh, I see.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 10:28:25 AM

Then put a bandaid on your skinned knee and man up, pussy.
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 03:23:17 PM

So, how does the guild leveling stuff work? How do you get 'guild xp'? Is top-level stuff indispensable for each guild or only for hardcore RvRers? IOW, do you need to be in a 50+ person uberguild to get anywhere? :p

I read the wiki page, but it was kind of inconclusive... maybe I fail at reading comprehension and whatnot.

-- Z.

I am not sure of the exact equations... but "number of people in guild" is apparantly one of the factors.  So, if you want your guild to level then you need people who are levelling.  A guild with a ton of alts that just sit at level 5 will not level very quickly.  The main thing is active participation among members.  So, yea, a hardcore fly-to-40 guild will level faster than others.  If they keep it the same as the Guild Beta phase then levelling the guild is not really that tough.  Some of the rewards seem a little... off.  You get standards long before they become meaningful, but I suppose its still cool to run around with them in combat (if you have 2 gold to spare every time you die :)).
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 05:01:48 AM

Looks like the next iteration on from the EQ2 guild functionality, which is good.
I'd say "Wait for Blizzard to steal this" but they never stole that particular design chunk from SOE either so who knows? V swamp poop V

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 07:35:14 AM

Except that leveling a guild in EQ2 served almost no purpose.

"Me am play gods"
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 07:41:07 AM

Except that leveling a guild in EQ2 served almost no purpose.

It cockblocked you from items you wanted in the game until someone got off their ass and leveled your guild for you.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 07:45:03 AM

I got to 78 and all I ever saw was some over-priced mounts.

"Me am play gods"
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 08:08:58 AM

I got to 78 and all I ever saw was some over-priced mounts.

I think the thing I remember was maybe some furniture my wife wanted for her house.  I never liked the game nor got very far, I just remember it being annoying that there was something my wife wanted to buy (when we were unguilded) and she couldn't because she wasn't in a high enough level guild.  Which was stupid and annoying.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 08:12:58 AM

-- Z.

I am not sure of the exact equations... but "number of people in guild" is apparantly one of the factors.  So, if you want your guild to level then you need people who are levelling.  A guild with a ton of alts that just sit at level 5 will not level very quickly.  The main thing is active participation among members.  So, yea, a hardcore fly-to-40 guild will level faster than others.  If they keep it the same as the Guild Beta phase then levelling the guild is not really that tough.  Some of the rewards seem a little... off.  You get standards long before they become meaningful, but I suppose its still cool to run around with them in combat (if you have 2 gold to spare every time you die :)).

There was 5 of us in our little start up guild (the 6ht was a random who quit right after the guild was created), highest levels were two people who got to 16, the rest were in the 10ish level range. Guild was made when the two level 16s were 12 and everyone else was between 6-8. When the wipe occured, we had gotten the guild up to level 5, so it progressed not too bad at all... at the early levels anyways.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 04:01:47 AM

Looks like the next iteration on from the EQ2 guild functionality, which is good.
I'd say "Wait for Blizzard to steal this" but they never stole that particular design chunk from SOE either so who knows? V swamp poop V
Blizzard seems to steal all sorts of things and fail at some of the most obvious.  Chat system (please steal from EQ, EQ2, CoH, or something), LFG system (steal from EQ, FFXI, or CoH please) and so on.

Warhammer has some interesting takes on some of these systems from guild to the open party system.  Not that I've ever used an open party, just saying it's interesting.  They seem to be failing to steal basic things (chat system, again) also, however.  It baffles me how new games don't at least keep the same level of these simple interface mechanics as older games, much less actually try to improve.  If you think you can do better, first make sure you have every feature the other guy has, then improve on them (if you can think of something to make better or add).  This isn't gameplay, people, it's basic playability design.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 05:50:00 PM

LotRO has guild leveling too, but it is based solely on the age of the guild as far as I remember. My little guild of like 3 people is probably level awesome by now.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 06:18:30 PM

It was just shy of Level Awesome last time I played, so it probably is by now.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Guild Tools Screenshots  
Jump to: