Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pretty cool Planetside moment 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pretty cool Planetside moment  (Read 6502 times)
NewGuy
Terracotta Army

on: March 26, 2004, 04:16:14 PM

This movie shows the most massive coordinated operation I've ever seen in Planetside. The Terran Republic air assaults a Vanu base using 12 Galaxies (heavy transport aircraft) preceeded by bombers and fighters. About a hundred infantry (real players!) is simultaneously air dropped on the enemy base.

Medium quality, uses DivX 5. Use "Save target as..."

http://www.armouredstar.com/pics/other/Galaxy%20Strike.mpeg

(The thing at the end is everyone committing mass suicide using orbital strikes to get a quick recall.)
xcarnifex

Email
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 09:58:41 PM

I'd like to see that.  I found Planetside to be horribly boring and very limited in gameplay options....but I'd like to see some organization.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 11:41:57 PM

Page seems to be down or bad link.
NewGuy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 12:30:54 AM

Try this link:

http://staff.planetside-universe.com/marsman/nsv/Galaxy_Strike_300k.html

Same movie. Uses some sort of AOL video plugin. Quality seems slightly worse.
xcarnifex

Email
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 06:13:45 AM

During the movie I was asking myself:  "I wonder how long it took them all to zone into the attack area?"

Pretty neat though, the guy recording the video really started chunking during the battle in the perimeter of the base.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 06:58:07 AM

Planetside has a ton of coordination if you get in an outfit that uses teamspeak (90% of them).  We regularly had our squad occupying 3 full tanks.  That is fun.  Especially when you platoon up with another squad in 3 more full tanks.  6 tanks fully manned and coordinated is scary.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 12:18:50 PM

Well it was basically just a parade/photo op since with that kind of overwhelming force there's no way they had any significant resistance.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 01:59:56 PM

Yeah, and that is the whole problem with planetside.  The leaders get most of their command points through capturing bases.  So they just want to capture bases.  Capturing an undefended base is the easiest so the game is just a huge musical chairs simulation but the music never stops.  Path of least resistance all the time.  Take over a continent, move to the next one that is undefended while the one you are about to leave is already being retaken by the enemy that assumes you won't fight back and instead go somewhere else.  And they are always right except for a few stubborn souls that just help the attackers get full exp for each base and are less of an obstacle than a speed bump.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pretty cool Planetside moment  
Jump to: