Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Age of Conan will tie in with new film 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age of Conan will tie in with new film  (Read 3464 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: August 22, 2008, 10:46:55 AM

Speaking at the Leipzig Games Convention, Funcom's Erling Ellingsen confirmed that the company's Age of Conan MMO will tie in with the new Conan film being produced by Lionsgate.

"The movie is set for release next year, and it's going to be a huge movie. Lionsgate recently announced that they're putting a hundred million dollars into it," Ellingsen said. No cast or director is attached to the film yet, however.

"We have a very close relationship with the guys making the movie," Ellingsen continued. "I had lunch with the producer just the other day. We're talking to them all the time.

"Yes, we will tie the two together."

Linky

I thought this could use its own thread. This could generate some much need exposure to the unwashed (non gamers or non-MMO enthusiasts), potentially after a lot of "todays" issues have been resolved.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:46:46 AM

I am skeptical of them finding anyone who can pull off playing Conan.  Arnold may not have exactly had a lot of range when he was acting, but his basic screen presence had a "likeable enough to carry a movie but still plausibly menacing" thing going for it that's tough to duplicate.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:53:13 AM

$100 million, with no cast or director attached, and they expect to get it out next year? Yeah, good luck with that.

Wershlak
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:58:53 AM

I predict the first twenty minutes will be great and the rest will be them showing the same fight scene over and over again until they get around to finishing the end.

schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:01:51 PM

I predict the first twenty minutes will be great and the rest will be them showing the same fight scene over and over again until they get around to finishing the end.

Doom 3 rang, it wants its plot back.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Age of Conan will tie in with new film  
Jump to: