Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Fan Faire 2008 - Planetside Roadmap Video 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fan Faire 2008 - Planetside Roadmap Video  (Read 9314 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: August 21, 2008, 02:28:03 PM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:05:35 AM

Could I get the synopsis of this blood?  Watched 5 minutes of some dude setting up his chair in a room with 8 people total.  I like to hear PS news, but not that interested.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:02:52 AM

- Possibility of new programmer to include "Next gen" graphics techniques into the engine with out re-exporting anything. AS IN a new shader layer, and what not to the engine, and refactoring of parts of the rendering engine to more modern techniques for increased performance.

-3 new maps, and the fact that they have map tools now. New maps are arena like in nature, and are potentially able to be played separate of the planetside main game. (Separate download, not attached to the planetside world. More session based. Can be entered from the main world, uses a matchmaking system...good for outfit VS outfit type fights.) Maps include, "MAX factory", "Space stations (uses modular construction so can be randomized), and one other, that i don't recall..i think its the battle dome/Surge arena.

- an entire revaluation of all weapons and equipment. All.

- adding AP to the Lasher, because "Using 2 1/2 Clips to get a MAX is unacceptable".

- Also, with recent new Certifications such as, Electronics Expert, Adv Meds, and such. They are debating on increasing Battle Rank all the way up to 35.

There was also some discussion on how the engine works, and what they have to over come over the last few years in using it. I wish i had been there... i would have love to have talked tot hem about how the engine works.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 03:17:08 AM

- Possibility of new programmer to include "Next gen" graphics techniques into the engine with out re-exporting anything. AS IN a new shader layer, and what not to the engine, and refactoring of parts of the rendering engine to more modern techniques for increased performance.

Better performance is good.

-3 new maps, and the fact that they have map tools now. New maps are arena like in nature, and are potentially able to be played separate of the planetside main game. (Separate download, not attached to the planetside world. More session based. Can be entered from the main world, uses a matchmaking system...good for outfit VS outfit type fights.) Maps include, "MAX factory", "Space stations (uses modular construction so can be randomized), and one other, that i don't recall..i think its the battle dome/Surge arena.

What? They're gonna put battlefield instances in Planetside? That sounds like crap.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 10:14:06 AM

Better performance is good.

What? They're gonna put battlefield instances in Planetside? That sounds like crap.

Not really in, more like, to the side of. I never liked the idea.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 03:26:29 PM

They need to let this game die and build something new from scratch.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Fan Faire 2008 - Planetside Roadmap Video  
Jump to: