Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:01:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Last minute Tour de France thread 2008 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last minute Tour de France thread 2008  (Read 4286 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

on: July 26, 2008, 03:56:37 AM

Fuck I've enjoyed the Tour de France this year. Not just because I'm cheering for Cadel Evans and not just because I rode across France this time last year. It's been great to watch.

Today is the final meaningful stage, an individual time trial - one rider starts every 3 minutes in a 53km race against the clock. Normal stages are road races with everyone starting together. Tomorrow's final stage is largely ceremonial, where the leaders traditionally do not challenge each other's existing positions.

This has also been the most apparently drug-free Tour. They banned drug-tainted teams before the start, and pwned Ricardo Ricco by detecting "undetectable" 3rd-generation EPO in his blood via a planted molecule. People with drug-free reputations are winning. This is good. Also, the official website has been excellent as a companion to the TV coverage.

But this Tour is going to cost me A$2700. I NEED ONE. I only have a 1997 Trek 520, and I NEED to keep that and also have the sexytime bike.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 04:00:58 AM by Tale »
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 09:15:09 AM

What the cunt is that?

You mean my x-tra tuff super thick wide bar mountain bike from 1998 has been holding me back or some shit?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:27:13 AM

Loved the time trial today. Kohl finished third in his second year. Expect to bow down before your Austrian bicycle overlords some time in the future!  awesome, for real
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 10:21:46 PM

What the cunt is that?

You mean my x-tra tuff super thick wide bar mountain bike from 1998 has been holding me back or some shit?

Many people are happy with a 486 DX/2 and 8Mb RAM. Sim City is a great game.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Last minute Tour de France thread 2008  
Jump to: