Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Help with my mouse 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with my mouse  (Read 4903 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: March 26, 2004, 12:43:51 AM

I am having a wierd mouse problem, and I was hoping some one had some ideas on what I could do to fix it.

My mouse wheel works fine when in windows.

As soon as I start up a game, the wheel basically stops working. The wierd thing is that the very first time I try to use the wheel in a game, it does work, but only the first time, after that, nothing untill I restart the game again.

Its really starting to piss me off in UT and when attempting to play SC:PT demo.

The mouse wheel does work in some game, like the original Splinter Cell and a few others, but the majority it doesnt.

The mouse is a IBM laser mouse, not wireless.
cerberus

Email
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 02:29:24 AM

buy more ram.
Anonymous

Email
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 07:59:31 AM

I have a similar problem with an IBM laser mouse, it has pretty much never worked in VMWare.

My best recommendation is to get an MS mouse instead.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 12:23:29 PM

Quote from: cerberus
buy more ram.

I have 768 megs of RAMBUS. My roommate had the same exact mouse, and it worked fine, and he had only 512megs.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 12:36:01 PM

I have the same mouse I believe.  The drivers for it fucking SUCK.  For me I can't even get it working as a USB mouse and had to use the ps2 adapter for it.  And then when I install their drivers the mouse wheel stopped working.  To finally get the damn thing working I had to NOT install the drivers that came with it and let windows think it was a generic mouse.  Then the mousewheel works for everythign but the damn third button on the side (fourth if you count mousewheel as a button) does not work in anything but IE as a 'back' button.  Odd.

I love the hardware, one of the most comfortable and accurate laser mice I have ever had, but the compatability and drivers suck much ass.  My wife has the same mouse and we had to do the same thing with hers to get it working.  Nothing on our two systems is the same, not even OS.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 01:27:31 PM

Quote from: Alluvian
I have the same mouse I believe.  The drivers for it fucking SUCK.  For me I can't even get it working as a USB mouse and had to use the ps2 adapter for it.  And then when I install their drivers the mouse wheel stopped working.  To finally get the damn thing working I had to NOT install the drivers that came with it and let windows think it was a generic mouse.  Then the mousewheel works for everythign but the damn third button on the side (fourth if you count mousewheel as a button) does not work in anything but IE as a 'back' button.  Odd.

I love the hardware, one of the most comfortable and accurate laser mice I have ever had, but the compatability and drivers suck much ass.  My wife has the same mouse and we had to do the same thing with hers to get it working.  Nothing on our two systems is the same, not even OS.

Ha, right before I read this, I decided to try just that, and it worked. Holy crap, talk about a piece of shit driver. No wonder my roommates wheel worked and mine didnt, he is to lazy to ever install drivers.

I agree this is one of the most comfertable mice around, I also love the little glowing blue wheel. I am so happy. Now if only I didnt CTD every time I tried to play multiplayer in SC:PT I would be having a great day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Help with my mouse  
Jump to: