Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:37:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Torque for the iPhone 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Torque for the iPhone  (Read 2855 times)
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

on: July 25, 2008, 07:48:15 AM

Thought I'd throw this out for anyone interested:

Torque Engine heads to the iPhone

Supporting info from GG:

The iPhone Announcement (miniblog)

Forum discussion thread

Rumors of War
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 06:41:48 PM

Good news Stephen, hoping some good games reach the plattform. Kinda overplayed Bomberman and Crash Racing atm  smiley

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 06:52:05 PM

And the best part? The price. As with all its products, GarageGames is committed to providing affordable technology to get you to your first iPhone game.

Licensing
Torque for the iPhone is licensed on a per title basis. For specific pricing and licensing information, please contact: licensing at garagegames.com

No pricing? What a tease.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 09:49:00 AM

And the best part? The price. As with all its products, GarageGames is committed to providing affordable technology to get you to your first iPhone game.

Licensing
Torque for the iPhone is licensed on a per title basis. For specific pricing and licensing information, please contact: licensing at garagegames.com

No pricing? What a tease.

The Tech and Tools group wanted to get a solid feel for market interest before locking down a price point--which turns out to have been a really good thing for indies.

Originally, they didn't expect much serious (as opposed to OMG I WANTZ, IS FREE?) interest from serious indie devs, but as it turns out the volume makes a lower price point than was originally expected viable. I don't work in that division anymore (I work over on the IA side now), but from some recent forum posts, they are looking at a low cost indie package, and should hopefully have some official info soon.

Rumors of War
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 04:21:52 PM

GG has an Internal Affairs department? awesome, for real

(Yes I know what IA really means in this context)
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 06:26:42 PM

GG has an Internal Affairs department? awesome, for real

(Yes I know what IA really means in this context)

Lol--yah, and I get to wear Men In Black outfits too!

Rumors of War
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Torque for the iPhone  
Jump to: