Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Urban Dead - Monroeville 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urban Dead - Monroeville  (Read 132548 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 11:22:28 AM

Very interesting.  I wish there was more to do.  And like Lorekeep mentioned, a fresh server.

Used up all of my turns from my IP at work today.  cry  Tom of the Dead is almost zombie food after falling asleep trying to find a safe house.  Other survivors have fared much better.

edit: some sort of account page would be nice.  Easier to remember account name/pwd than specific character names.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:40:48 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 11:36:25 AM

The IP block is a bit easy to get around.

But yes, being able to get started in SOME fashion would be good.  The zombies have apparently decimated *all* the malls in the game... I think they are winning Monroeville.  Plus all those characters I created are free Zombie XP.

Checking the Wiki for the map is very, very good idea.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 11:46:06 AM

The IP block is a bit easy to get around.
Could you elaborate on this?  It's been annoying the fuck out of me as well.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Rasix

Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 11:46:58 AM

I suppose I could log on to one of my build servers and play it through remote desktop.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 12:03:17 PM

Hey, that's not a bad idea.  I have about 1000 different remote connections to various businesses I use for technical assistance here.  I guess I could just jump around them until I find somebody not using one and just play a bunch of games off them.  awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 12:08:37 PM

Type "Proxy Site" into google.

Good one: http://www.saytik.com/

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 12:28:25 PM

Creating a new character after you die is doing it wrong.

Also, if you could tell me where exactly all these non-ruined buildings and survivors are, that information would help me immensely.  I need it for, um, non-brain-eating purposes.

(edit) What's interesting is that the survivors completely won the first Monroeville quarantine from all accounts, but this round seems to be going very differently.  I'm guessing that if everyone starts from scratch it favors survivors and if everyone starts with a few levels under their belts it favors the zombies?  Or maybe it'll all turn around once the quarantine goes into effect and headshots are permadeath again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:35:10 PM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 12:38:54 PM

The police station has 57 people in it and it's barricaded.
Rasix

Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 12:40:40 PM

Creating a new character after you die is doing it wrong.

Haven't died yet.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Just wanted to experience the game more outside of my initial 50AP.

-Rasix
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 14, 2008, 01:05:32 PM

Being a zombie is easy mode (I can't die!).  Lrn 2 play n00b!

But really, playing a zombie is way the hell more boring than being a survivor, IMO.  I want to delete my stupid char :(.

Also, thanks for the link lorekeep!

Edit:
Ah shit:

*  A zombie killed Lorekeep1. (3 hours and 35 minutes ago)
    * The zombie grabbed hold of you! (3 hours and 35 minutes ago)
    * A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (3 hours and 35 minutes ago) ...and again.
    * A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (3 hours and 35 minutes ago)
    * The zombie lost its grip. (3 hours and 35 minutes ago)
    * A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (3 hours and 35 minutes ago)
    * The zombie lost its grip. (3 hours and 35 minutes ago)
    * A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (3 hours and 35 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again.
    * A flare was fired 6 blocks to the west and 6 blocks to the south. (3 hours and 33 minutes ago)
    * A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (3 hours and 15 minutes ago)
    * The zombie grabbed hold of you! (3 hours and 15 minutes ago)
    * A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (1 hour and 33 minutes ago)
    * The zombie grabbed hold of you! (1 hour and 33 minutes ago)
    * A zombie clawed at you for 3 damage. (1 hour and 33 minutes ago) ...and again.
    * A zombie clawed at you for 2 damage. (1 hour and 32 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. (1 hour and 31 minutes ago) ...and again. (1 hour and 31 minutes ago) ...and again. (1 hour and 31 minutes ago)
    * You were killed by a zombie. (1 hour and 31 minutes ago)

Thus ends Bill from Acounting.

Luckily I still have Tom and Mike from the same department running around as well.... awesome, for real
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:07:40 PM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 14, 2008, 01:08:01 PM

Checking the Wiki for the map is very, very good idea.

Guys, i have been playing this for a while, at work. heh. For the best experience, use this.

Urban Dead Toolbar

You can turn on and off some of the graphics, and re-skinning, depending on how you like things.

I don't play the hardcore server, but i do have a high level on the regular.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 01:36:05 PM

Shit, why don't they integrate this??

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 01:39:38 PM

Shit, why don't they integrate this??

It is not in keeping with the design. This adds overhead to the game. It is fully supported however (its just css, and image replacements, and stuff).

You can even skin it yourself if you want.

Template
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:42:48 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 01:49:26 PM

Man if I could just figure out who to heal, I'd be golden.  I'm going to keep searching up FAKs until I have enough to level-up.  Once I get Diagnosis I'm due to get lots of XP.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 01:50:07 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 01:52:40 PM

Man if I could just figure out who to heal, I'd be golden.  I'm going to keep searching up FAKs until I have enough to level-up.  Once I get Diagnosis I'm due to get lots of XP.

You need first aide kits, normality found in police stations, hospitals, and the like. If there are no necrotech buildings, your going to be hard pressed to find any Syringes to revive/cure zombies.

EDIT: i made a guy on the hardcore one. You guys are fucked. the only thing you can really do, is try to out run the zambies. There is like, nowhere to hide, and if there is...not for long. They are systematically destroying buildings.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:54:34 PM by Mrbloodworth »

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 14, 2008, 01:53:57 PM

I'm in a secure place (hospital) with lots of medkits.  The trick is finding someone to heal.  Police Stations don't have medkits from what I read, but it's a good place to get weapons.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 14, 2008, 01:54:58 PM

I'm in a secure place with lots of medkits.  The trick is finding someone to heal.

Really? where? lol.

Also: Hardcore MrBloodworth

Original
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:57:52 PM by Mrbloodworth »

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #53 on: July 14, 2008, 02:06:34 PM

Last I checked I was in a police station with 2 zombies and 57 other survivors. I took a shot at one, but he was wearing a flak jacket ACK!

My profile
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 14, 2008, 02:09:02 PM

I'm in a secure place with lots of medkits.  The trick is finding someone to heal.

Really? where? lol.

Original

Well it might not stay secure.

How'd you survive as a Lv. 1?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 14, 2008, 02:18:09 PM

I'm in a secure place (hospital) with lots of medkits.  The trick is finding someone to heal.  Police Stations don't have medkits from what I read, but it's a good place to get weapons.
I was at a building with nine zombies and a broken door.  There were at least thirty survivors inside.

They got it very securely barricaded since then, but we've taken it back down to heavily.  And several people were taken out.  We have twenty-five zombies outside waiting for a snack now.  Things are going to get ugly.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 14, 2008, 02:19:57 PM

Really? where? lol.

Original

Well it might not stay secure.

How'd you survive as a Lv. 1?

Don't go where people or zombies are. Ever.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 14, 2008, 02:22:01 PM

So, northwest of Oak Hill?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 14, 2008, 02:23:20 PM

Yeah, that's the biggest lesson I've learned.  Hide in crappy looking places by yourself.

Or, hide with 60 other people so the odds of you getting attacked in a zombie rampage before you can log in again are much less, heh.

-Stephen Colbert
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #59 on: July 14, 2008, 02:24:35 PM

Do you get XP for finding items?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 14, 2008, 02:25:13 PM

Yeah, that's the biggest lesson I've learned.  Hide in crappy looking places by yourself.

Or, hide with 60 other people so the odds of you getting attacked in a zombie rampage before you can log in again are much less, heh.

Tough to level that way. =\  The only thing I could think of is to get some books from a library and shack up somewhere.  10% chance to get 1 XP ... so average 5 hours per 1 XP... You'll be Lv. 2 in 500 hours! Assuming you don't lose the book....

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 02:27:56 PM

Do you get XP for finding items?

There are things you can do to get XP but it's not as fast as healing or hurting someone.

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 02:37:49 PM

I'm in, and I wasted a lot of AP using my puny doctor fists on some zombie for 2 HP of damage. We'll see if I last the night. :)
schild
Administrator

Reply #63 on: July 14, 2008, 02:42:45 PM

I'm tempted to start a toon. Stash him somewhere and see if he lasts til I have a net connection again.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #64 on: July 14, 2008, 02:43:31 PM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 14, 2008, 03:26:28 PM

Quick question :

1. How do I know if I'm on the hardcore server?

2. How can I use the map?  Like right now, it says I'm in South Monroeville but I can't find it on the wiki map.

3.  What's the best strategy when you find a barricaded building?  How do you enter trough the barricade?  Is there any reason for the current group to not shoot you?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:42:35 PM by Aez »
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 14, 2008, 03:34:58 PM

Quick question :

1. I do I know if I'm on the hardcore server?

2. How can I use the map?  Like right now, it says I'm in South Monroeville but I can't find it on the wiki map.

3.  What's the best strategy when you find a barricaded building?  How do you enter trough the barricade?  Is there any reason for the current group to not shoot you?

If you're in Monroeville, you're on the hardcore server.

Map is here: http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Monroeville#Maps

3. If it's seriously barricaded you can enter.  If it's Very Heavily Barricaded you need Free Running to get in. No reason unless they are psychotic from the stress of a zombie apocalypse.

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 14, 2008, 03:44:10 PM

I tough killing people gave you half xp + their stuff.  Sound like a pretty good deal.  I was planing to kill everyone I meet once I found a decent weapon.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:44 PM

We're up to thirty-one zombies and twenty-five dead bodies in front of this building.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #69 on: July 14, 2008, 04:21:48 PM

Are you a zombie now, Lanty?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Urban Dead - Monroeville  
Jump to: