Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:42:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Account re-activation promotional for July! Sign-up with your old account free! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Account re-activation promotional for July! Sign-up with your old account free!  (Read 11144 times)
Gets
Terracotta Army

on: July 05, 2008, 08:36:47 AM

In case you have missed it - until July 31st you can re-activate your EVE account free for 14 days to try out EVE again. We have Frigate Club ops planned for the following weeks, so now is a really good time to play EVE with us!

With the launch of Empyrean Age, the newest expansion for EVE Online, pilots can now engage in solo, small group or even fleet battles any time you want via a new feature called Factional Warfare.  Players have asked for easier, more accessible PvP fights and to have the ability to find friends to fight with without making the commitment to 0.0 space and Alliances. CCP has answered with Factional Warfare - war is upon New Eden and your help is needed.

Enlist today and add 14 free days to your account. Log in, and see what you've been missing.

Players can now enlist in any of the four empire militias, granting access to special missions into contested space and epic PvP action where you can engage in combat against opposing militia forces in high security space - without CONCORD interference.  Each combat zone is full of missions built for new and veteran players alike - including those accessible only to pilots in inexpensive frigates.

Enlisted pilots will also be able to fight for the control of entire star systems in designated combat zones. Militias battle over control bunkers in each zone which can help direct  that system's defenses. Capturing and controlling these systems is critical to determining who will win and who will lose in the war raging across New Eden.

We want you back.  If you left EVE Online because you found it difficult to find PvP action, we are confident Factional Warfare solves that problem.  If you haven't played EVE Online recently you will also be surprised by the incredible new graphics released last year in the Trinity expansion as well.

F13 corp is also now involved in Factional Warfare and weekly fleet ops are being run with other participants of the militia fighting all the time.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 02:27:26 PM

So is f13 the corp to sign up with for FW? Or is it BAT?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:29:04 PM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 03:04:22 PM

So is f13 the corp to sign up with for FW? Or is it BAT?

F13 is the one you want for FW. BAT is the 0.0 corp.

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 06:12:20 AM

Bat is the one you want for a week of ops starting from Thursday next week (the 18th?) when we convoy down, deploy and get set up, then Friday when we run a T1 op for starters.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 07:51:00 AM

I might do it for the lulz.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:48:27 PM

I can't remember who it was, but someone from the F13 corp mentioned that they were going to be running an op tomorrow? If so, when/where is it going to take place?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 02:50:50 PM

21:00 EVE Time, form-up is in Zaimeth.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 03:04:55 PM

Gah we need a calendar.

Edit: Hmm...

- Viin
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 05:38:29 PM

Just create a Google Calendar and share it among top members so they can add to it. You can create a private url to it and then we can just embed it as an iframe in some post you can sticky.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 06:30:33 PM

Hmmmmm.

- Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 05:59:15 AM

Dont know if its worth mentioning or not but it appears you cannot reactivate a previous trial account

In other words the account must have have been paid for previously
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 06:38:20 AM

Dont know if its worth mentioning or not but it appears you cannot reactivate a previous trial account

Untrue. From the latest newsletter:

This offer is valid for all lapsed accounts, both trial and subscription, which were cancelled before April 1st, 2008. After the 14 days of free play, your account will not auto-subscribe. If you wish to continue your account, standard subscription costs will apply. This offer is valid until July 31st, 2008.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 06:56:57 AM

Oh could someone please explain to me how I won't be useless for two months in Eve if I resub, I have like 3 weeks of trained skills.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 07:07:55 AM

Oh could someone please explain to me how I won't be useless for two months in Eve if I resub, I have like 3 weeks of trained skills.

Fly a cheap quick ship with a warp scrambler, you tackle some ship worth hundreds of millions of isk so he can't warp away while the rest of us blow it up quickly.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 08:28:54 AM

It's the never-ending explanation - you can be useful as a newbie, since it takes little time to train up for the many tasks you can help with. In my opinion buffing roles are overlooked too much in EVE. For example I try to utilize the kind of buffing used to increase locking-times of other ships so they could lock down hard to catch enemy support ships and it takes less than an hour to train for using the modules. But sometimes just the sheer numerical edge is needed to even have a good fight or make the enemy run away and choose to fight on their terms, which if you're good scores you a few straggler kills.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 12:50:59 PM

Don't let them fool ya.  They have a vested interest in telling you pretty stories so they will more man power for their fleets.  95% of the time you won't have their fleet, you'll just be baby left out in the wilderness.

"Me am play gods"
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 01:07:46 PM

95% of the time you CAN be in fleets, or running missions in hot areas waiting for someone to shoot.  Missioning and ratting are the things that fill the time between PvP.  Unless missioning and ratting are the things you like about the game.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 01:11:39 PM

Don't let them fool ya.  They have a vested interest in telling you pretty stories so they will more man power for their fleets.  95% of the time you won't have their fleet, you'll just be baby left out in the wilderness.

I dunno, we've had fleets or gangs up every night since Saturday, I think, either just Bat, AM or by tagging along with CVa guys.  Not every gang gets a fight: on Saturday we spent five hours in hostile territory but last night the bad guys got spooked, but some of the folks went on with a spin-off and got a bunch of kills in hostile space (too late for me).

And Phildo there is living proof that, if you want to get into a gang, even though you're just in a T1 frigate or cruiser, you can.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 02:33:40 AM

Untrue. From the latest newsletter:

This offer is valid for all lapsed accounts, both trial and subscription, which were cancelled before April 1st, 2008. After the 14 days of free play, your account will not auto-subscribe. If you wish to continue your account, standard subscription costs will apply. This offer is valid until July 31st, 2008.

I'm well aware of what it says however I tried to activate a very very old trial account I had and got told I was only allowed to have 1 trial account at a time (I don't currently have an active trial account, just 2 paid-for accounts)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 04:39:35 AM

Ummmm...you contradict yourself heavily in this statement. More manpower in their fleet is the reason for saying that, and 95% of the time they won't have you....... huh?

They aren't pulling anyone's chain. There is a frigate OP coming up for BAT guys, Ookii could easily get in the game...train a couple basic skills...and contribute. He'll have a little trouble in 0.0 making money, but as we know this is Eve. He could make nice coin in a hauler trading shit, or build up the basic battlecruiser ratting skills. I'd say join BAT, try it and see if you sink or swim. You may have fun, you may call it yawns.

For the record, I have no vested interest in anyone playing as a part of BAT. I am an independent evildoer.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 06:51:08 AM

How are you gentlemen?  Fen Hu is active again, currently dicking around in Tash-Murkon and checking out all the new shiny since I last played over a year ago.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 07:07:35 AM

Ummmm...you contradict yourself heavily in this statement. More manpower in their fleet is the reason for saying that, and 95% of the time they won't have you....... huh?
More manpower during an op, most of the time there is no op.  Not saying they are lying.  More like they are talking how great it is to own a dog without mentioning cleaning up the poop.

Personally if I was a new player, I'd join f13 Corp.  Split my time between missions and FW, join a BAT fleetop when they come up.  If you still like the game you could join BAT once you have 3-4monthes of skills under your belt.

"Me am play gods"
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 07:08:43 AM

How are you gentlemen?  Fen Hu is active again, currently dicking around in Tash-Murkon and checking out all the new shiny since I last played over a year ago.

You gonna try some Factional Warfare in F13?

- Viin
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 07:22:56 AM

More manpower during an op, most of the time there is no op.  Not saying they are lying.  More like they are talking how great it is to own a dog without mentioning cleaning up the poop.

You don't have to fly with just BAT though.  You can get in roaming and/or defense fleets with other Providence holders no problem and quite frequently if you put the effort into keeping an eye on whats happening.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 08:32:29 AM

As always, it depends on what you put into the game.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 08:36:00 AM

It's being considered!  Need some details.  I'd like to know what side we're on.  I might make a new pilot if you aren't Amarr.

Fen Hu has 2m ISK, 2m skillpoints, a half-fitted Punisher, it's dark, and she's wearing sunglasses.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 09:11:37 AM

We're Amarr, but it doesn't matter what race your char is as long as you don't have bad Amarr standings that would bring the corp's overall amarr standing down. :)

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 09:13:35 AM

It's being considered!  Need some details.  I'd like to know what side we're on.  I might make a new pilot if you aren't Amarr.

Fen Hu has 2m ISK, 2m skillpoints, a half-fitted Punisher, it's dark, and she's wearing sunglasses.

Sent 10 mil from an alt, enjoy. And pew pew stuff !

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 09:28:00 AM

Awesome.  I found the thread with the info, will get to it ASAP.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 01:15:47 PM

Bat has, not counting the convoy down beforehand, scheduled ops on next Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, probably at least one op lunchtime SUnday, hopefully access to friendly fleets for the whole week, and most likely another op on the Wednesday after.  The problem is not going to be the lack of ops, but seeing if we can maintain that tempo.

Twitter - Endieposts

Euthanasia
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 12:18:12 PM

How is the system lag?  Have they done anything to address it?

I quit some 6 months ago because CCP seemed to be promoting more and more pilots in a given system, yet their server architecture couldn't handle it.  And with Factional Warfare they seem to be doing it again.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 01:40:51 PM

Funny, now that you mention it, I haven't really seen much lag at all recently - even when doing FW stuff.

- Viin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Account re-activation promotional for July! Sign-up with your old account free!  
Jump to: