Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:00:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Trick or treat! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trick or treat!  (Read 4466 times)
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

on: October 29, 2004, 06:04:39 PM

Had some fun trick or treating tonight.  It works like this, go up to a random door on the streets and click on it.  You might get a treat (enhancement, inspiration, etc), or you might get a trick; spawn a werewolf, witch, vampire, or jack-o-lantern scarecrow dude.

The streets are friggin' crowded.  It was almost impossible to navigate Peregrine there were so many people running door to door beating up ghouls and ghosts.  Really neat idea for a Halloween event; Cryptic continues to impress.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 08:26:44 AM

You failed to mention the best part!  There are 6 different badges that can be earned only this weekend, and only through trick or treating.  
very slight spoiler below, contains # of kills needed

20 Spirits - Buster
75 Witch Types - Malleus
15 (I think) werewolves - Shifter
20?  Vampires - Hunter
50 Zombies - Dead Head
1 Eocheon (spelling is off - the three-story pumpkin head guy) - Hallow Spirit

So far, Blood Vulture and The Irish Mafia have all six.  Cursed Templar is going to make his run tomorrow.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 10:25:21 AM

Thanks for this - going to log on right now.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 12:04:41 PM

Anyone else gotten a Rock?  That cracked me up.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 04:31:36 PM

I think the rocks were my favorite. Beaning a nazi from across the street then running like crazy...fun stuff. The animation is priceless.
Delf
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 10:50:12 PM

But tonight, eye-bleeding lagaliciousness...
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 12:34:03 PM

This was fun - got all 6 badges and then battled the Great Pumpkin lol.

There is a lesson here for future battles - on massive opponent that relies on heavy AoE damage.  Easy stuff though - one good tank - the rest of the blasters and healers stay out of AoE range - and the monster was killed.

I think CoH will have to rethink high end encounters of this type.  Unless the team is forcably confined to a small battle area - AoE damage is easy to evade - so the only person that takes damage is the tank (taunting) and the rest of the team kills with impunity from a distance.

They will have to bump up the strength of single target attacks (which will favour pure tanks) to improve the challenge of high end encounters (our group was in Bricks - red area - not bad).

Anyway, good fun.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 02:50:15 PM

I got the Hallow Spirit in a cheesy way. Was in Atlas Park getting my cape mission, some guy says Echolan or whatever his name is is attacking. I fly over, launch off a few shots. realize he is gray to me and get credit for helping kill him. I felt kinda dirty.

I may have to try trick or treating tonight, is it going til midnight? If so midnight in which timezone?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 05:09:25 PM

I think the point was that he was SUPPOSED to be easy, so the badge would be easy to get. I had tons of fun battling him in small groups with low level characters.  If he was tougher, the occasional multiple spawnings would've killed a lot of people in Atlas Park.
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 07:34:41 PM

The firbolg king could be kinda mean. I saw plenty of casualties around him in various places. Usually, from getting blindsided, but a few from just bad luck or overconfidence. He didn't have much of a variety of attacks, but what he did have was rather substantial.

I fought him three times; twice in Bricks, once in Founder's Falls. He was even con for all fights (level 40). I had no problems tanking him as a BS/invul scrapper and we were scrapper heavy with controllers, D3s, and a token blaster. Fun stuff, and only the SR scrapper crapped out on two footstomps in a row.

I had a pretty good time, though lag got vicious later on in the weekend. First time I'd personally seen two instances of Bricks on Victory.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 11:14:31 AM

Damnit, I didn't log in this weekend because of Guild Wars. I wish I had now.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 12:11:57 PM

Ahh, sheisse. I had logged out by DA thursday night, hoping some ghoulie fun was going on and ended up playing EQ2 all weekend. D'oh.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Trick or treat!  
Jump to: