Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: New update schedule: once a week (july/1/08) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New update schedule: once a week (july/1/08)  (Read 3149 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: July 01, 2008, 06:01:24 AM

Now that the first month after launch is behind us, we have decided to change from two game updates a week to one (Wednesdays, 11am GMT / 7am EDT).

There is a number of reasons for this, but these are the most important
ones:

* We want to reduce the downtime.
    * We want each new update to be on our test server a few days longer to ensure that everything works as intended before releasing it.

The number of updates and bug fixes we do to the game will not decrease because of this change. We will work at the same pace, and if anything we will be more efficient since there has been a fair amount of overhead involved in releasing two updates each week. Urgent issues will still be addressed as they arise, but we no longer need scheduled downtime twice a week to do that.

We hope you will appreciate this change, and with the new update cycle also experience how dedicated we are to make Age of Conan an even better game.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:38:27 AM

How many weeks did they actually deliver a patch twice a week?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 07:48:32 AM

2 or 3 i think. Thing is, this is in response to the last one (and the technical issues it caused). Now patches goto test server first.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:51:05 AM

This is a good change. Unfortunately I have not had interest to log on lately, but it's merely cause of Smash Brothers EU release and Metal Gear Solid.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: New update schedule: once a week (july/1/08)  
Jump to: