Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: this real? (you can hit mobs without being hit) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: this real? (you can hit mobs without being hit)  (Read 5237 times)
slog
Terracotta Army

on: June 26, 2008, 08:32:23 AM

saw this on FOH forums. I haven't watched the video, as I'm at work.

HA. There's a working hack for this game that allows you to kill mobs without getting hit. I've confirmed it to work. It's pure shitty programming that allows this kind of thing to happen. The more people that know, the faster it gets fixed.

Here's a video:

http://vimeo.com/1160926

This is a password protected video on Vimeo

The password is "nograv."

This smells a lot like ghostkill in Everquest, without the fast killing.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 08:49:17 AM

Scary quotes from the video:

"Start by ticking "no gravity" in aocbuddy".

"PROTIP: Never use this where other players will likely to see you. Never use this in PvP".

So there's a program called aocbuddy which is cheaters heaven. I fucking hate cheaters.

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54:40 AM

Scary quotes from the video:

"Start by ticking "no gravity" in aocbuddy".

"PROTIP: Never use this where other players will likely to see you. Never use this in PvP".

So there's a program called aocbuddy which is cheaters heaven. I fucking hate cheaters.

Yeah it's especially great when the hack is available months prior to game release, ah well i suppose cheats need to beta test as well.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 08:55:10 AM

So it's real?

This is why I haven't bought AOC yet.  I've learned that if you want good PvP, you have to wait and see what the hacks are and how quickly they are fixed (if they are ever fixed).

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 08:57:40 AM

There are videos on youtube of hack programs back in beta, I imagine they've only improved.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 08:57:45 AM

I fucking hate cheaters.

I'm with you on this. It is not possible ingame without that third-party software which took me a google to find. Horrible that stuff even exists.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:58:42 AM

So it's real?

This is why I haven't bought AOC yet.  I've learned that if you want good PvP, you have to wait and see what the hacks are and how quickly they are fixed (if they are ever fixed).

google aocbuddy enough hits out there to kind of confirm that its real.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 09:01:58 AM

So the entire history of PVP games hasn't taught you all that they WILL get hacked/ cheated/ exploited to the nth degree?  Oh sure YOU may not do it. Your buddies might not, but enough will. It's never happened any differently.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 09:03:41 AM

So the entire history of PVP games hasn't taught you all that they WILL get hacked/ cheated/ exploited to the nth degree?  Oh sure YOU may not do it. Your buddies might not, but enough will. It's never happened any differently.

fixed
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 09:04:05 AM

Been farming "black temple" boss mobs using aocbuddy

Works for casters and caster bosses

Mellee bosses will evade

any instance with casting bosses if you are a caster or ranged.

1. run through black temple on reg mode while sprinting
2. use aoc buddy to jump up on bookshelves on boss on 3rd floor
3. you cant get attacked on bookshelves.
4. open your map, zoom in make a marker (bookshelf)
5. go outside instance
6. re-enter in epic mode
7. Use Aocbuddy to go below floor then just drop into the fog
8 then run to your marker and rise through floor to top of bookshelf
9 kill boss
10 LOOT EPIC GOODIES

Anyway apparently the newer AOC clients detect it so it's not an issue anymore.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 09:05:27 AM

fixed

Good point. I concede.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 09:16:23 AM

fixed

Good point. I concede.

My concern is more about the DEGREE to which hacks exist.  Not fixing beta exploits is a far cry from a mob pathing exploit that is discovered in release.

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 09:31:33 AM

As I understand it all the AOCbuddy shit is exploiting client side checks so they'll be difficult to solve without some serious reworking.  I'd guess you could test to see if known cheat programs are running with AOC but that'd be a band aid on the issue and a continual arms race with the hackers.

Mass bannations for egregious cheats would probably help but it remains to be seen if Funcom will be ban happy as Blizzard.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:35:08 AM by Sparky »
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 10:04:40 AM

As more and more MMOs allow (and encourage) clientside/UI modding, it's only going to get worse. 
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 10:08:29 AM

Starting to sound like the Diablo hacks except this game has a monthly subscription fee.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 10:16:37 AM

It's really not Diablo bad.  Basically the game trusts your client to say where your position in the world is and all those hacks flow from that.  There are good gameplay arguments for doing as much (not ending up in the lava when you hit a lag spike) but Funcom was a bit too lax and didn't bother to include any "hey this looks weird" checks.  As I understand it they could be added in after the fact but it's not simple as fixing a database entry so mob X doesn't drop shitloads of gold or whatever.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 10:25:38 AM

As I understand it all the AOCbuddy shit is exploiting client side checks so they'll be difficult to solve without some serious reworking.  I'd guess you could test to see if known cheat programs are running with AOC but that'd be a band aid on the issue and a continual arms race with the hackers.

Mass bannations for egregious cheats would probably help but it remains to be seen if Funcom will be ban happy as Blizzard.

They already did do a huge round of bans.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: this real? (you can hit mobs without being hit)  
Jump to: