Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: LotD World First Siege Video 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LotD World First Siege Video  (Read 3111 times)
waylander
Terracotta Army

on: June 21, 2008, 09:56:18 AM

Sinister's video was from the perspective of the losing side, and did point out some good issues. We were fighting PFB in this siege and SIN only had a handful of people there, and obviously one of them made a movie they wanted to publish.

LotD won this siege, and we took the extra time to develop our own video. As you can tell we aren't having the same "technical issues" that others conveniently claimed.

You can find the videos here:

Hi Res Download

Streaming - Lower Quality

Low Res Download-Stream

We don't disagree that there are siege issues such as engines not working, walls bugged, etc.

But you can clearly see we were able to move around fairly decently with a lot of players on the screen. Yes they need to improve performance, and yes they need to fix the bugs. But sieges aren't all .05 FPS affairs as some like to claim when they lose.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:04:23 AM by waylander »

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:13:49 AM

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 10:25:00 AM

I can't get over how much that looks like a DAoC video of a keep take with better graphics. 

I appreciate you posting this (and any future) video.  It gives me a feel for the pvp aspects of this game.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:56:33 AM

They should work now.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 10:58:35 AM

I can't get over how much that looks like a DAoC video of a keep take with better graphics. 

I appreciate you posting this (and any future) video.  It gives me a feel for the pvp aspects of this game.

I agree they have to fix the issues with walls, siege engines not working, etc. But what's going around the net is the horrible performance issues, and you can see from our videos we didn't have lag issues.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 11:15:08 AM

I'm glad you guys managed to get a world first at something, seeing how it obviously means so much to you. (Couldn't just be an 'AoC Siege Video' could it?)
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 12:46:16 PM

I'm glad you guys managed to get a world first at something, seeing how it obviously means so much to you. (Couldn't just be an 'AoC Siege Video' could it?)

The only reason I named it world first was because this is the same battle that Sinister plastered all over the internet to say AOC sieges were .05 FPS affairs even on a so called super computer. The difference here is that this is the same battle but recorded on the LotD side. Yes it shows some slowdown in performance, but AOC sieges are not the debacle they made it out to be.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: LotD World First Siege Video  
Jump to: