Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Music 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music  (Read 3169 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

on: June 16, 2008, 09:40:59 PM

I am playing in Cornall's Valley because the fucking music there is the bomb.  The woman doing that chorus thing while I'm slaying mobs in the mountains is just perfect.  Is there a way to download it for play at work?

Any other good musical highlights you've noticed? I do like the smooth transition to combat music and back.  I guess LOTRO had it with boss fights but I only did it once in LOTRO.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:42:39 PM

Honestly, the entire game is a musical highlight. Raised the bar (IN MMOGS) for me at least.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:35:25 AM

I got the music off a torrent site.

Hic sunt dracones.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 04:38:03 AM

As schild said, the bar has been raised. Another level of immersion that FC pulled off well in this game.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 05:00:46 AM

As schild said, the bar has been raised. Another level of immersion that FC pulled off well in this game.

Agreed. The soundtrack is beautiful. Perfect icing on the cake would be being able to play "Anvil of Crom" and this.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:19:32 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 05:41:18 AM

I am playing in Cornall's Valley because the fucking music there is the bomb.  The woman doing that chorus thing while I'm slaying mobs in the mountains is just perfect.  Is there a way to download it for play at work?
The collector's edition came with the soundtrack.  It is beautiful.

Since you know it exists, you can do the rest.  (Hopefully they'll make it available for non-collector's edition players at some point.  It's worth a buy.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 08:04:14 AM

I have the collector's edition soundtrack, and I noticed that there are some tracks on there from the Conan the Barbarian movie. At least track 2 is from the opening, IIRC. In any case, great music all around.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:59:42 AM

I really like the music at the character select screen. Some times I sit there for a few minutes just feeling inspired. Great stuff.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Music  
Jump to: