Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Game On 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game On  (Read 43741 times)
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 02, 2004, 02:26:22 PM

Quote from: Krakrok
I never got around to testing the charm necklaces? Is that what you used got the healing charm? Did you try the basic and the advanced necklace?

The more expensive/advanced necklace lets you have a temp skill from another class -- that's what I used for the healing skill. Of course, I think you're limited to whatever charms other players have crafted and sold to the vendor, or to charms made by friends/guildmates or others willing to craft them for you.

I didn't try the basic necklace because there were no mesmer/elem skills I really wanted to try that I didn't have already. It's a very useful tool though for testing out class/profession skills without having to spend money or skill points to train them or to capture it with a signet of capture.

This game really does a great job of giving so many options for getting and testing skills:

- train in a skill (costs increasing amount of gold and costs skill points, which are limited in number)
- capture a skill in a signet of capture (costs fixed amount of gold, but you have to time your capture to when a boss you've targetted is using it -- if you're sly enough, sometimes you can target a boss without engaging in combat and catch it casting something on themselves as it wanders around).
- temp learn a skill from any profession or your own profession -- small cost and no permanent loss of skill points
- permanently learn a skill of your own profession from a skill charm by using a skill ring for your profession -- free cost and no skill point drain but limited availability since these rings only drop from bosses

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #141 on: November 06, 2004, 09:24:06 AM

Guild is still up and running.  Message "Rasix The Cruel" or "Rasix Mifune" to get in.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #142 on: November 08, 2004, 10:19:51 AM

For warriors, Swords are teh own. I found I was doing a lot more damage with a sword than axe. It might have been the upped damage on weapons, but I think I really just liked the attack that allows me to cripple and bleed opponents. Stops those damn rangers/caster types just hitting and running. Also discovered charm animal. Not a bad little pet to have.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: November 08, 2004, 01:20:21 PM

I found the PvE so mind numbingly boring that I couldnt even be bothered trying PvP, it would be nice to actually run into other players while Im zoning..
I just dont think its in my genetic makeup to enjoy MMORPGs. Oh well.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: November 08, 2004, 01:28:08 PM

Quote from: Shannow
I found the PvE so mind numbingly boring that I couldnt even be bothered trying PvP, it would be nice to actually run into other players while Im zoning..
I just dont think its in my genetic makeup to enjoy MMORPGs. Oh well.

If you didn't try PvP then you missed the whole point of the game.

Your PvE stuff is instanced - you aren't going to see other players unless you invite them into your group. The purpose of PvE is two-fold:

a) learn how to play your character
b) level and/or gain skill/equipment for your character

These are in support of the overall PvP gameplay.

If you play again you should make sure you group with people to do missions (perferrably people you know, like us) and you should at least _try_ pvp. If you don't like PvP after a few games then there is something wrong with you and we don't want you playing anyways. ;)

- Viin
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: November 12, 2004, 01:08:19 PM

I know PVE is instanced , I hated it so much I couldnt get around to PVPing.

Is there another preview event on this weekend maybe I'll give it a shot.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: November 12, 2004, 01:26:00 PM

The next beta weekend is in December, but you have to have preordered the game to play (unless someone gives you their "friend can play for one weekend key"). I'm not sure if they are planning another preview weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did have one closer to launch.

- Viin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Game On  
Jump to: