Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:13:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Rikti Invasions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rikti Invasions  (Read 5767 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

on: June 13, 2008, 08:42:32 AM

I totally forgot about this until the bombs started to fall, but its Rikti invasion weekend. This is the first one I've been on, what a blast.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:00:29 PM

They are pretty fun.  One of the few times I group up, too.

If you get all three badges you get a costume piece or two  (I'm not sure if that is for all powersets though).  I took a MM attack power just so I could pull out my Rikti rifle and look cool.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 02:18:49 PM

I've done three groups so far, two blueside and one red. Wow, that's just amazing. Dozens of people, AOEs everywhere. Plus the entire mechanic of having it more or less take over a zone. Everyone should be doing this kind of stuff.

Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 06:56:48 PM

Those are a pretty regular event anyway, they ramp up around the weekends normally because one is triggered every time someone completes the Lady Grey strike force.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 07:07:03 PM

Right now people are busy doing the ITF instead of the LGTF so the LGTF-triggered invasions have been fewer in I12 than before, at least on Virtue.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 07:21:44 PM

These are like three or four zones every hour. It's not the ones triggered by the TF.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 08:16:57 PM

Yeah, every now and then they reply the full invasion from Issue 11 (or 10, or whatever), so it's constantly happening.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 09:47:04 PM

These are like three or four zones every hour. It's not the ones triggered by the TF.
Yes once a monthish for the last few months they've been having these full scale invasions (upcoming schedule here). I was just commenting that before this month's full scale invasion LGTF-spawned invasions had declined because of the new shiney ITF.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 11:11:27 AM

What is LGTF and ITF please?

I saw one of these today for the first time.  What a blast.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 11:52:34 AM

I happened to be at the Black Market when Rikti invaded. I had my robots out, and just sat there serenly over the fray while my robots earned my experience and prestige. :)

I do need to look into the badges. I want the Rikti rifle.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 05:29:21 PM

What is LGTF and ITF please?
LGTF = Lady Grey Task Force. It's the TF that you get in the Rikti War Zone.
ITF = Imperious Task Force. New TF in the new Cimerora zone.

For both you need to be 35+ and can be done on mixed teams (Heroes and Villains together).

Some other TF acronyms:

STF = Statesman TF
LRSF = Lord Recluse Strike Force (Villain-side)
MoSTF or MSTF = Master of Statesman TF (STF with special conditions like no deaths for a special badge)
MLRSF or MoLRSF = Master of Lord Recluse SF
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Rikti Invasions  
Jump to: