Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Champ League #1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champ League #1  (Read 4075 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: October 28, 2004, 09:52:33 AM

Signed up a lunch, here is my card pool:

Rares:
Time Stop UU4 - Instant, End turn
Mindblaze R5 - name a nonland card and a number > 0; target player reveals lib, if you match card and name, do 8 damage to player
Budoka Gardner/Dokai Weaver of Life G1 - 2/1 tap to put land from your hand into play; flip when you have 10 lands; flipped 3/3 legend, pay GG4 to put a x/x token into play where X=your number of lands
Tatsumasa Dragon's Fang 5 Art; equip 3: +5/+5 to creature equiped, pay 6 remove from game, put 5/5 flying dragon token into play, when token hits graveyard, return sword to game

Qty   Card Name
2   Akki Avalanchers
1   Akki Rockspeaker
1   Battle-Mad Ronin
1   Blind with Anger
1   Blood Rites
1   Budoka Gardener
1   Burr Grafter
1   Counsel of the Soratami
1   Dance of Shadows
2   Deathcurse Ogre
1   Devoted Retainer
1   Devouring Greed
1   Devouring Rage
2   Distress
2   Dripping-Tongue Zubera
1   Eye of Nowhere
1   Feral Deceiver
1   Floating-Dream Zubera
6   Forest
1   Gale Force
2   Gibbering Kami
2   Glacial Ray
1   Hankyu
2   Hisoka's Defiance
1   Honden of Night's Reach
1   Innocence Kami
6   Island
1   Kami of Ancient Law
1   Kami of the Hunt
2   Kami of the Painted Road
1   Kashi-Tribe Reaver
2   Kitsune Diviner
1   Kitsune Healer
2   Kodama's Might
1   Konda's Hatamoto
1   Mindblaze
1   Mothrider Samurai
6   Mountain
1   Nezumi Cutthroat
1   Orbweaver Kumo
1   Orochi Leafcaller
1   Painwracker Oni
1   Peer Through Depths
6   Plains
1   Psychic Puppetry
1   Rag Dealer
1   Ragged Veins
1   Reciprocate
1   Sakura-Tribe Elder
1   Scuttling Death
1   Sensei's Divining Top
1   Sire of the Storm
1   Sokenzan Bruiser
1   Soratami Mirror-Guard
2   Soratami Rainshaper
1   Stone Rain
1   Student of Elements
6   Swamp
1   Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang
1   Tenza, Godo's Maul
1   Terashi's Cry
1   Through the Breach
1   Time Stop
1   Venerable Kumo
2   Vigilance
1   Vine Kami
1   Waking Nightmare
1   Yamabushi's Flame

Time to get constructing...

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 12:35:01 PM

I thought they didn't start till Nov 3 or 8th or something? Or is that just the special one week leagues?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 02:14:04 PM

Quote from: Margalis
I thought they didn't start till Nov 3 or 8th or something? Or is that just the special one week leagues?

These are the special 1 week leagues with double prizes.  I'm planning on doing like 4 of em. :)

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 03:22:52 PM

Problem is even if you go 5-0 you probably won't finish that near the top without playing a lot of tiebreaks. I will probably play in 1,  but I'm away this weekend so maybe not.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 12:11:18 AM

Well, I played in 1, finished with 8 points. I pulled a Kukoshu as one of my rares.

My impressions:

The set has a lot of flyers, most of which are way overcosted.

Basically no acceleration without green.

Nezumi shortfang is good.

Devouring greed is insanely good, as is dance of shadows. (?)

Feral deciever (green) is really good. The black deciever sucks.

Shrines can be really annoying!

---
My games tended to take a really long time. Everyone had a lot of creatures without a lot of bombs or removal, and the decks tended to be slow. There are some nice 2 and 3 cc guys, but the guys with evasion are typically much more and underpowered.

I won a few games splicing the reanimate spell (revive flesh or whatever it's called) into other random spells to generate card advantage. But overall my arcane spells were low in number and weak.

I'm happy with my pulls (I like black in general) and my deck was OK. I haven't really read many spoilers, not sure what is considered good. Just did my best. Will probably play another after the weekend.

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 01:14:27 AM

Woot!  Was able to go 5-0 in my first league, with a very average card pool - except for Kokusho, and he only showed up for about a third of the games.  Lost the next three tiebreakers in that league, heh.

My impressions of sealed CHK- Black and green are killers.  Red is ok.  white is full of tricks and solid creatures.  blue... haven't seen much blue.  Although I did pull the unspeakable combo in that first league.  Ya think they could've made the Unspeakable a little more game breaking for a 3 card, six mana combo. not really worth playing.

Second card pool... thought I had much better cards, went 0-3 to start.  Hmm.

And I'd say the black deceiver is very playable - I had two in my first league, three in the second, and they're excellent early game zerglings.  Even have slight potential as killer walls later on
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Champ League #1  
Jump to: