Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Cok Metagame musings.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cok Metagame musings....  (Read 1955 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: October 28, 2004, 08:16:06 AM

Okay,  Onslaught is out of here and Champs in,  States have been played.

So?

As Raging Turtle said, lot of different decks out there.  Ravager and Tooth still around,  but Black is back and G or G/R has legs.  White weenie also posted some wins.  

What does this mean for the next couple weeks of play?

I think that Tooth is going to be the predominant Type 2 "serious" deck played for at least a month.  My reasoning:

Ravager - Too much hate against it.  All the Mirrodin hate (shaman, oxidize, electrostatic bolt, etc),  plus Horobi, Samurai of the Pale Curtain, Imri Statue, etc.  means that most colors can run effective hate.  That, and Ravager is pretty roundly detested....

W/x variants - lost too much with ONS rotation.  The only one that may limp along/evolve I think is U/W.

Black - alot of potential.  The prob?  Alot of new rares, and too many chase rares.  Cranial Extraction,  needed maindeck/sideboard to shore up some match-ups, won't be available in sufficient numbers to see this deck alot.  Even if it is widely play,  Karma is a super-hoser for them.

Tooth - loses nothing important.  Gains improved accel (Sakura Elder,  chump blocker/rampant growth in one; whatever the new 3 casting cost rampant growth thing is) some GREAT win conditions (dragons, etc),  and of course Boseiji, Who Shelters All (uncounterable Tooth?  yes please)  

Tooth's big vulnerability is Cranial Extraction.  As long as this card remains in limited circulation, I think Tooth is going to be both widely played and pretty successful.
--------------------

One note to black and Karma - I played Monoblack as one of my rogue decks this winter.  I used the U/B Talisman for accel and had mirrodin's Core as a land,  so I could splash blue.

There's no greater joy in the world than Mind Bending the opposing players Karma....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Cok Metagame musings....  
Jump to: