Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:25:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: "Things on the way" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Things on the way"  (Read 6856 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: June 06, 2008, 07:08:23 AM

Quote from: June/05/08
Greetings,

Just wanted to toss a little update on some of the things that we are working on at the moment. This rough list of issues will hopefully get fixed with the next update:

* Tradepost crashes fixed
    * The End battle: Strom will now respawn at end of mission.
    * Necromancer pets should now reset when they are too far from your character.
    * Chat Windows changes
    * Socketed Items fix
    * Various Quests goals updated

Please bare in mind that those are some of the fixes our developers are currently working on so they are not yet confirmed. But the chances are good that these fixes will make it into the next update or at least into the one after that. And please also note that those are by far not ALL the possible fixes the next update might bring.

Thanks!

Link

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:33:41 AM

According to Famine, coming this coming monday...

Sigh.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:42:14 AM

So how many things are left on the "if this isn't fixed within 6 months I quit" list? 

I ask because I would like for all of those things to be gone before I sub.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:42:59 AM

So how many things are left on the "if this isn't fixed within 6 months I quit" list? 

I ask because I would like for all of those things to be gone before I sub.

Um, who's list?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:44:40 AM

My list has 4 things on it.

1. Player Cities acting as advertised.
2. Crafted items making sense. Right now they do nothing, largely.
3. Border Kingdoms/PvE Sieges working properly.
4. Smooth the post 40 leveling curve.

The first, second and fourth I don't think there will be an issue with. I can see these happening in 2 months in fact. The third. Well. Eek? The reason I worry about the third is I don't know how long every one will last - and those will take a good deal of people to be fun. So, ironically, while the other 3 are probably more important for the game. The third is the most important for retention of guilds (I guess? Maybe?)

Um, who's list?

Mine, I always have that list.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 07:48:05 AM

I knew schild wouldn't let me down. 

I've heard mention of the socketed item thing too, but it sounds like that's actually being worked on?  And, um, traders?  How are those coming?  I don't know what the significance of any of these things are except that they sound like gamestopping issues for some people.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:51:42 AM

Socketed items will be working by monday apparently. I have let Funcom know how stupid it is to leave a crash bug in the game. First thing I did when I woke up btw. And I was my normal self about it.

Traders work fine for me. But in rare cases they get fucky with folks. I think the fixes are in the next patch.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 07:57:35 AM

My list has 4 things on it.

1. Player Cities acting as advertised.
2. Crafted items making sense. Right now they do nothing, largely.
3. Border Kingdoms/PvE Sieges working properly.
4. Smooth the post 40 leveling curve.

I know Schild doesn't care about the latter part, but:

5. General class balance (both PvE/PvP) sorted out. Then I agree, if that list gets fixed they are onto something gold.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 07:58:47 AM

PVP balance will take a year or two and is more likely never going to happen.

You know how many kids want to be astronauts too? Yea, that's never gonna happen either.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 08:00:38 AM

Scheduled Downtimes

Mondays 04:00 - 08:00 GMT
Thursdays 04:00 - 08:00 GMT

Our current plan is to have two updates (with accompanying downtimes) per week. This will ensure that we can roll out the most important fixes and changes very quickly. These scheduled downtimes will not occur during peak hours. Emergency updates will be scheduled to happen outside of peak hours whenever possible.

We would like to point out that patching twice a week is a temporary approach. As we move forward with the development we plan to have fewer, but bigger, updates. We will naturally inform you about any changes to scheduled downtimes.

This sounds sort of not so great, especially for you lot on the left.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 08:06:15 AM

1.Necromancers-fix them. For any who say they aren't broken? you're wrong.
2.More quests- I never want to have to just grind in a game, either make existing quests give more exp or add more(daily kill quests are virtually the same as grinding i.e repetitive)
3. Why am I levelling to 80? I feel like once I'm at the top of the mountain the valley will look very empty. This means seige, working cities, crafting, anything. Right now it's grinding for no other reason than to grind, does aoc even HAVE raid zones?

I guess that's my list, I am having fun with the game but right now nothing is holding me to it and I'm waiting for that.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 08:23:16 AM

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 08:36:50 AM

Not elite zones, raid zones. As far as i know the larget group you can have in aoc is 6 people, that's just a dungeon then. If this isn't the case, how does one form a raid?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 08:41:34 AM

Not elite zones, raid zones. As far as i know the larget group you can have in aoc is 6 people, that's just a dungeon then. If this isn't the case, how does one form a raid?

There are 24 person raids.  I think you have to form 4 groups of 6, then use the UI to turn your raid leader's group into a raid, then invite the leaders of the other 3 groups (by right clicking them) into your raid (which then invites their entire group).

Something like that.

There are, I think I read, 3 raid zones at the moment.  Though I may be totally wrong.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 08:50:42 AM

Yes. you can make a raid group.

From the official boards:

Quote from: Blur-;632694

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:52:23 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 11:52:37 AM

That double skull SS I posted was a raid boss I think.

On promises, I've canceled my sub (active tell the 20th) until there is some game for me to play. At 56 I essentially have to grind to advance, And I know most leveling is grinding, but i mean like old school eq1 kill mobs over and over in the same spot. to give you an idea I've run thru all the soloable quest in egg mountains, and I have 2 or 3 quests that will require a group(even though some of them are not marked group quests) and 7 or 8 sign post repeatables. There is nothing worth crafting, gathering is pointless because there is nothing implemented for guild cities, Doesn't seem to be much going on with the pvp mini games. there are no instances worth doing at my level, we got a group and went to this tomb place in the field of dead and it was pointless as the trash was respawning very very fast and the caster elites could destroy me in 2 to 3 nukes ( I was the only healer in the group so any time a trash caster poped or wandered by it would insta agro me).

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 01:43:06 PM

I just want my DX10 god damn it - I didn't install Vista to be stuck on DX9 on a game that *says* DX10 on the box!

- Viin
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 01:44:45 PM

I like how the name of that guild is Addiction. Apt description.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 05:32:32 PM

One thing i noticed is that they keep fixing things without even taking the servers down.  A few days ago i got the tier 2 weaponsmith recipes, they replaced the tier 1 recipes in my book so i no longer had access to them, earlier today i picked up gem cutting which promptly over wrote my tier 2 weaponsmith recipes even though the quest description clearly said i could have two tradeskills.  This afternoon i log in and everything was fixed.

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 06:38:44 PM

Yes, they are making live changes. You can also take two tradeskills now officially. I don't even know hot they're doing it. But making changes on the fly is:

1. Fucking awesome.
2. Fucking awesome.
3. Accounts for the goddamn weirdness over the last 48 hours.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: "Things on the way"  
Jump to: