Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Help. Preorder Code 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help. Preorder Code  (Read 3512 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: June 05, 2008, 11:10:44 AM

Hey guys.

I honestly didnt think I would end up playing AoC, but now I am really hooked, and I wish I had the preorder mount and bag. Anyone out there have a preorder code they didnt use and is willing to part with?

I tried going to my local Gamestop and some one suggested a while back, but they didnt have any.

Please Help!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:21:44 AM

I don't have any but I'll keep an eye out when we pop in the local Gamestop and grab one if they do.   It's strange how sometimes that stuff stays lying around ages after, though.  People are actually selling them on Ebay for too many dollars!  Like that copy of AC2 they still had on the shelf a couple of months ago....

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:24:13 AM

Interesting that the bow is selling for as much as the mammoth. The mammoth is usable all the way up to the top levels as a siege weapon. Meanwhile, the bow is useless afaik once you hit sanctum and can nab the Crowfire.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:47:21 PM

I don't have any but I'll keep an eye out when we pop in the local Gamestop and grab one if they do.   It's strange how sometimes that stuff stays lying around ages after, though.  People are actually selling them on Ebay for too many dollars!  Like that copy of AC2 they still had on the shelf a couple of months ago....

I would love you forever, more than I do now, if you could manage to find me one.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 05:50:55 AM

There wasn't any in the Gamestop nearest me.  When we see others, though, I can still check.  There seem to be a lot of them around this area.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 07:37:42 AM

Are the preorders that cool to have?  The idea of a mammoth sounds great, except then I hear you can't swing your sword on it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:00:15 AM

From what I've been reading, the pre-order mounts are slow (I think they're even slower than they should be because of a bug) and afraid of kittens and combat on them is buggy or doesn't exist.  The bag is a little helpful.  Schild told me that the totem you get from the pc gamer magazine could come in handy.  (I haven't had occasion to use it yet)  I have the amazon bow but never had a character who uses one.  So... I don't know. 

I haven't played at all in about a week or so but, as far as I know, none of the bugs in the pre-order mounts are fixed.  I don't know that they're even on a schedule to be fixed.  I have a feeling that by the time they do anything about them, it won't matter any more.  So, no?

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:56:59 AM

2nd question, the CE version has the ring with +exp and a drinking cape?  Are they really going to be used all the way up?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 09:14:27 AM

The mammoth/rhino aren't used for transportation they are siege weapons which will be used to attack fortifications six months from now when a PvP endgame exists.  You were supposed to get the attack skills with them automatically but as it is now you have to purchase the basic riding skill to get them.  Once obtained they do indeed have attacks.

That totem from PC gamer I find quite handy.  Traveling from E.mountains all the way to a trader is a real pain in the ass, with the totem I can just port there at the end/beginning of my play session and have my bindpoint where I am actually leveling.  I really wish the cooldown was 22 hours though, since it's 24 if you use it every day you find the timeout expiring later and later.  Like if you ported back at 10:30 the next day you can't port till later and wind up at 11:00 and so on until you have to skip a day.

As for the xp ring my theory used to be that at some point in the thirties you would get a ring with enough stats on it which would allow you to get more than 2% xp since you would be able to kill faster with your +strengh/wisdom etc.  But since stats apparently do jack shit I guess you would wear the ring forever.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 09:31:59 AM

I deleted my Drinking Cape email, since I really didn't expect to be playing this.

WHOOOOPS

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 08:34:47 PM

2nd question, the CE version has the ring with +exp and a drinking cape?  Are they really going to be used all the way up?
The ring stops functioning after 40.

The cape does nothing except give you something to wear in the early levels.  Drunken brawling isn't in the game yet.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 05:59:32 AM

I have a feeling that the pre-order mounts will not be the next best thing in sieges, either.  Most pre-order goodies in MMOs are trivial compared to the ones you buy in the game.  So they're probably something you'd want to replace as soon as you can, anyway.  Of course, that's just a guess.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 09:00:11 AM

I deleted my Drinking Cape email, since I really didn't expect to be playing this.

WHOOOOPS

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Help. Preorder Code  
Jump to: