Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: So....I opened some Kamigawa 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So....I opened some Kamigawa  (Read 6129 times)
schild
Administrator

on: October 27, 2004, 01:08:26 PM

40 packs to be exact.. If you're wondering, here's the rares I pulled (and if I may say so, it was an amazing pull):

Kuro, Pitlord
3x Nezumi Shortfang
2x Night Dealings
Jushi Apprentice/Tomoya the Revealer
Gifts Ungiven
Part the Veil
Reweave
Budoka Gardener/Dokai, Weaver of Life
Dosan the Falling leaf
2x Jugan, The Rising Star
Kodama of the South Tree
Glimpse of Nature
Akki Lavarunner/Tok-Tok, Volcano Born
Ben-Ben, Akki Hermit
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
Ryuosei, the Falling Star
2x Zo-Zu, the Punisher
(foil) Soulblast
Mindblaze
Isamaru, Hound of Konda
2x Kitsune Mystic/Autumn-Tail, Kitsune Sage
Konda, Lord of Eiganjo
Sensei Golden Tail
Takeno, Samurai General
Yosei, the Morning Star
Long-Forgotten Gohei
Orochi Hatchery
2x Uba Mask
Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Forbidden Orchard
2x Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep
Shizo, Death's Storehouse

I'm gonna make an assload of tribal decks so I won't know what is and isn't for trade for a few days. But Yea, I'm pretty happy with this set. If it weren't for Guild Wars I'd be all over pre-release weekends. But drafts normally don't even go as good as this pull.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 01:24:09 PM

Just traded the foil Soulblast for an Okina Temple and Eganjo Castle or something. The G & W legendary lands.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 02:25:47 PM

My problem with drafts is that I draft to win, and am willing to pass up rares.

I enetered a draft that I won playing red/white, I think it had maybe 2 uncommons, and no rares.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 02:28:23 PM

I'll play one sealed deck to get an avatar this weekend. But other than that, I don't really care much for plain vanilla tournaments online. I want clever stuff like Tribal Tournaments, or 2hg tourneys, etc.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 02:43:28 PM

Quote from: Margalis
My problem with drafts is that I draft to win, and am willing to pass up rares.

I enetered a draft that I won playing red/white, I think it had maybe 2 uncommons, and no rares.

I've been debating dipping back into drafts the same way for this reason; if you do this in the 4-3-2-2 prize drafts, you can almost earn your way to continual drafting.  If you win you get 4 packs; use 3 for the next go and can trade away a whole pack for 3 tickets, or hang on to it in case you finish in 3rd-4th.  Hopefully, you can use the stock you drafted to trade for 2 tickets.

Was keep disauding me is as much as like drafting, it still just too damn possible to drop $13 and be out round 1.  Hell best case you lay 3 rounds and you're done; not enought play for the buck.

Damn i want to rip these packs. :-)

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 03:00:55 PM

Give in to the pressure. This set is fucking awesome. That said, I'll be on all night making tribal decks. Oh and I'm up for an f13 draft on saturday night I think. Nothing better than playing Magic with fake people over the internet instead of staring at some T&A at a bar with 18 year olds with fake IDs. My life is a farce.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 05:54:28 AM

I don't see any cranial extractions in there schild. :P

The Yosei is awful pretty though.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 06:59:31 AM

Kiki-Jiki is the shit. He may just make me play red. Yosei and Jugan on the board is threatening though. Margalis may have some things to say about them. Though he trashed me with a week 1 league deck. Embarassing, yes. :(
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 07:33:13 AM

Kiki-Jikki is the shit.  There's a R/G deck floating around focusing on abusing the hell out of his ability (tap, put copy of target non-legendary creature in play, it has haste) floating around.  Viridian shaman, eternal witness, sakura tribe elder, solemn simulacrum ("Jens").  Your finisher is the green dragon, or beating Trolls.

The chase rares so far: Cranial Extraction, black/blue/white dragons, Horobi, Death's Wail (or whatever).  Cranial Extraction is going for plus $20 for cardboard versions....
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 07:35:24 AM

I picked up a Horobi, Death's Wail in a pack last night. Along with another Isamaru and the white rare legend Edonga or whatever. I really, really like this set. It makes Mirrodin artifacts complementary instead of the main focus - thus validating the existance of that awful fucking block.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 08:06:55 AM

Kiki-Jiki + Intruder Alarm + any creature = win. Had the pleasure of experiencing someone in the casual area tooth-and-nailin' out a kiki and a darksteel colossus yesterday, ouch. Even burninating Kiki didn't help the infinite recursion of doom...

-- Z.
switching artifact hate to enchantment hate since '04

schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 08:10:40 AM

Yup. Intruder Alarm will be worth so much more now. I shouldn't have traded my 3 away...6 months ago. It's an easy deck to stop though, cuz ya know - kiki is weak AND legendary. So....yea...
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 08:31:53 AM

Bah....  U/R are uncomplementary.  And Intruder alarm isn't great.  The G/R has just much better legs,  with a better accel/beats strategy.

That being said....  going to try and rebuild my Unlimited/Revised era W/U Beats deck,  since there are some decent replacements for the old uber cards. (Counterspell to Hinder,  Spellblast to Mana Leak, Powersink to Condescend, Swords & Plow to Reciprocate, etc)

Probably going to get beaten like the proverbial gov't mule, but...
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 08:43:12 AM

With the new lightning bolt, a U-denial/R-direct damage deck is looking very possible. Even moreso if Willbender were still around. But there are adequate replacements. Drop Ryusei in for added hate.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: So....I opened some Kamigawa  
Jump to: