Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: How does spellweaving work? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How does spellweaving work?  (Read 5757 times)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

on: June 04, 2008, 08:26:14 PM

Is there anyone who would be so kind as to help me out with understanding spellweaving? Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:58:29 AM

You mean those chain things that happen seemingly randomly when I play my PoM?

I have no idea.  I can make them happen? 
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 06:58:56 AM

This is a fairly good post about it.

All I know is it looks pretty cool when I did it.  I saw another PoM at 60 do it and it looked even cooler, he got statues.

Edit: Copy and paste in case you can't login.
Well decided to be nice and post over my spellweaving guide that I made earlier this week for my guild. I haven't updated it and I don't feel like doing now but I will later. Its tailored for POM so anyways here u go. IF u like it great, if u don't then whatever.

NOTE: its not 100% accurate with some of the stat bonuses from Spellweaving but u get the idea. I'm to lazy to write down all those bonuses from SW and then type them all out, I just wanted to convey the general picture.

-------------------------

Primal Instinct Pre-lim Guild Guide to Spell Weaving
Written by Invincible

There is no guide or any information in the POM forums except an argument whether SW is even worth using.

GENERAL INFORMATION and ASSESSMENT OF USEFULLNESS:

You get it at lvl 50, it is a red looking skill that u can add to ur hot bar and click to activate. After you click it you are perma-rooted and cannot use any potions while in SW . Your attack range GREATLY increases when in SW.

Every time u start a SW you are at what is considered spell bind level 1 After like 10-15 seconds you go up a spell bind level. Each level gives better benefits. You will recieve 1 mandatory debuff while in SW that lasts for 1 minute and it will do -10% to all invulnerabilities. NOTE: if you cancel spell bind and then re-spell bind within 1 minute it will now be -20% invulnerabilities and so on.

You can SW as much as u want. ALL in ALL SW is amazing and I feel if you get it down how to use it right it is VERY VERY worth it especially in big raids or on mobs that take a while or when u don't have to move around much. A lot of noobs are flaming it I've noticed on the POM forums calling it stupid but they are retarded for not trying to learn the full toolset of their class and hence one of the reason why there are so many terrible pvpers out there like the guardians who I can kill who don't know how to manage damage (A good guardian should be not be able to be killed 1 on 1 by pom, same with a good bear shaman)

IN PVP i'm not so sure yet how worthwhile it is although in MASS pvp where u can easily be missed and theres so much going on I can guarentee there will be loads of people spell bound. but in solo pvp its prob not worth it unless ur fighitng like a guardian who couldn't kill u anyways or a melee class since u cannot be knocked back while spellweaved.

For Raids and hard instances the best strategy to take advantage of SW would be to have all of the melees stand at the mages/priests that will weave and have the puller pull to the SW person. If its a ranged mob he is pulling run way past the group so they can attack the mob as it runs past and it will stop on them. Also the weaved person can just Knockback it when it runs past them.

When u first click on the SW button you instantly get the general SW buff level 1 in short it adds +33% Damage to everything you do, +33% to all your heals, +10% additional damage to certain skills, +125 on your range on certain spells, and +5% splash damage on lots of different spells the entire list of benefits while in SW is the length of ur entire screen so theres SHITLOADS of bonuses and the only debuff INITIALLY you get is a stamina drain, root and -10 INvulnerbilities, so for quick SW to attack bosses its great and I bet if I practiced it would rock in pvp for a quick alpha.
- NOTE: +33% is level 1 Spell weaving,
- Level 2 = +66% Damage bosst and healing boost which is UNREAL to our Heal over times! I only ever made it to level 3 before I had to leave SW because I ran out of stamina

You level in SW approx every 15-20 seconds while in the state.

NOTE: HAND OF MITRA WILL NOT WORK WHILE IN SPELL WEAVING STATE!!!

You can use ur SW icon every 6 seconds I believe might be 10 seconds I wasn't really paying attention to that but its quick.
- IMPORTANT: 1st click = PUTS YOU IN SW STATE LEVEL 1
NEXT CLICK = EXITS SW, now u can move and the root is removed as well as any benefits and debuffs and stamina drains.
- You can next re-use SW in 6-10 seconds whatever the timer is, its quick so you can pop in and out of SW very fast but remember the -10% invulnerbilities stack and last 1 minute.

So I HEAR people can die in SW how does that happen?

- Only if they are retarded, It was only my first day doing it and I only died once from SW.

- OK so the stamina drain removes your stamina and U can't use STamina potiions when SW so therefore USE a stamina potion before u enter the state and that will give u stamina for 1 minute of SW pwnage. ONCE U RUN OUT OF STAMINA = DAMAGE OVER TIME at lvl 50 = 300-400 damage per second dot => HIT THE SW button to get out of SW stance.

Whats up with the buffs and debuffs??

- IN addition to the massive SW buff (the +33% dmg / heal) and all there are 5 other buff options you get they are on a toolbar that opens every 5-10 seconds or so and each buff lasts for 20 seconds.

NOTE: if you don't click the buff in the 2-3 second time fram when its up, then you don't get the option for a buff until like 10 more seconds or so, so make sure you got ur mouse there and ready to click.

The Buffs for POM ARE: (NOTE its different for each class)

1.) Knockback with every single Rebuke / Smite no matter the NPC/Person = BEST BUFF EVER!!!! we were doing a raid on Elite mobs and I KBed every time they got up they were like perma-KD, only prob is this can only be done on a single mob at a time sine these are NOT aoe.

2.) Stamina Over time - Very helpful when ur Stamina potion starts weraing off it allows you to stay in SW longer it gives like +119 Stamina every 2 seconds a tlevel 50

3.) Mana regain when you do damage to mobs - Its like +1000% mana so you can max your mana with like a few spells in this 20 second window

4.) Always do Maximum Damage - Will always hit your max damage

5.) Mitra's Protection - Shields you from damage

The DEBUFFS:

I've only noticed 3 they aren't that bad and go up like every 10-15 seconds and don't last that long.

1.) Always hit minimum Damage (not sure how this would work if u picked the buff that always give u maximum damage)

2.) THE WORST ONE = Your Wave of Life damages yourself however much it would normally heal, but it still heals ur team. NOTE: Cast Emincation of Life that will STILL heal u, as will nuke heal.

3.) Every time u cast smite / Rebuke you take some damage to => Not such a big deal with HOts going at +66% healage.

And thats pretty mcuh it.

BUGS KNOWN WITH SPELLWEAVING:

1.) COnstant Root bug - Sometimes when u tryto exit spellweaving you will not be able to move, or even re-enter spell weaving you can still attack and stuff but u will be pretty much constantly rooted. The only way out of this is to die so have someone PK you and then res you. Its a known bug, GMs posted about it.

2.) Buffs window cannot be moved. No way to move it kinda sucks beacuse I would prefer it with my hotbar.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 07:00:29 AM

Well, that's not what I thought it was then.

What's the chain thing?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:19:29 AM

You get some bonus xp if you kill enemies the same level as you within five seconds of each other.  You apparently also need to hit them both at the same time once during the battle.

I'm also a PoM and see it pop up time to time while using Lance of Mitra, which every PoM absolutely needs.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 08:14:09 AM

What's the chain thing?

On my Necro when I get a two chain kill I get a pet for a minutes. Haven't noticed any bonus on my ranger yet though.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:31:49 AM

What's the chain thing?

On my Necro when I get a two chain kill I get a pet for a minutes. Haven't noticed any bonus on my ranger yet though.

Is that what causes a Frozen to appear?  I could never figure that out.  Wish it was in some documentation somewhere... preferably displayed when you start as a Necromancer, or a help tip the first time it happens, or something.

On the ranger, you get a short buff; Not sure what all it does, but there's a list when you mouse over it.  I don't think it's as useful as the Frozen pet.

Fatalities also give you a temp bonus that is pretty nice, for 6 seconds or so.  My ranger had a few 'River' moments trying to finish some quests in the ruins outside Tortage (Anyone else keep wanting to type Tortuga?), finishing fights with fatalities, blood everywhere, including covering parts of the screen.  This happened a lot more frequently once I really read the effect of 'Clever Strike'... which at rank 4 and level 17, is a 1-followup(^) combo that hits targets twice for ~200ish damage each.  The rank 5 version requires a second followup.. but hits at least 3 times for the ~200 dmg.  If you can get mobs close enough, you can hit multiples for that; I got a double-fatality last night with it.  It's made killing bosses way easier.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 08:34:10 AM

any Fatalities with a necro makes a frozen hatred.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 07:18:12 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a chain on my bear shaman.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 05:09:23 AM

I see it occasionally with My tempest of set.

Hic sunt dracones.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 07:51:58 AM

Didn't realize you got different things for fatalities, that's cool. The assassin gets a massive stamina regen when one hits.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 10:27:30 AM

Didn't realize you got different things for fatalities, that's cool. The assassin gets a massive stamina regen when one hits.

So does the ranger, but that's not the only effect.  Buncha combat bonuses listed in the tooltip for the effect; only lasts 10 seconds or so.

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 12:04:11 PM

Dark Templars get a huge stamina regen, 1000% (magical) lifetap, +20% damage, and a few other things.  It's a nice buff if there is anything left to kill.

I was a bit incorrect.  This was for ten ranks of Sadism.  For a 20-ish Dark Templar:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:47:43 PM by Lantyssa »

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: How does spellweaving work?  
Jump to: