Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: AoC Time Reqs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AoC Time Reqs  (Read 5271 times)
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

on: June 02, 2008, 07:16:22 AM

So, which other game is Conan more like as far as time reqs?  An EQ-like setup where if you can't sit for 2+ hours, don't bother logging on?  Or more like WoW/CoH where you can log in, do something useful in 20-30 minutes, and log off?

Also, forced grouping, yea or nay?

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:19:52 AM

You can easily get two or three things done in 30 minutes.  The game is very fast paced.

I haven't grouped yet @ lvl 20.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:32:05 AM

So, which other game is Conan more like as far as time reqs?  An EQ-like setup where if you can't sit for 2+ hours, don't bother logging on?  Or more like WoW/CoH where you can log in, do something useful in 20-30 minutes, and log off?

There are a LOT of things that make this game casual. Its rather deceptive that way.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:32:20 AM

At the later levels, there are a fair number of "wanted poster" quests that are essentially go to this certain camp of baddies and kill x number of them, They are repeatable. and all in it would only take at the most 20 minutes to finish 2 or 3 of them and the reward + the xp you get from the kills is fairly substantial.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:09 AM

They also have a 'fresh kills' system that daily gives you a large chunk of bonus XP for any equal or higher mob you kill. Its like the rested in wow, but you need to log in once a day and use them.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 08:35:47 AM

They also have a 'fresh kills' system that daily gives you a large chunk of bonus XP for any equal or higher mob you kill. Its like the rested in wow, but you need to log in once a day and use them.

To expand on this. If you are grouped, you only use one (1) persons kill point in the group. So, effectively, they stack and pool when you are a group. a group of 5 basically means 50 Fresh kills (10 per person a day).

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 04:11:45 PM

Is this game worth giving up Vanguard for? Without flaming me, are there any people who really like vanguard that could tell me if they are enjoying aoc way more?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 04:29:23 PM

I haven't played Vanguard since launch, but I did like it 'as a concept' if that is informative.

That said, I like Conan and generally log in for thirty minutes to an hour, slice the shit out of some mobs and leave feeling much better about the world.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 05:03:51 PM

Up until 30s or so you can get at least 1 level in an hour played, so yeah pretty casual friendly.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 10:06:41 AM

So I picked this up yesterday and after an hour or two installing and patching (felt that way) I managed to stay up way too late.  I have a level 8 ranger on Zug, and as of lunch today a level 7 ranger on the same server as some RL friends who are playing.

Have some weird graphical glitches, should check for driver upgrades or look at forums or something.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the game pacing.  Combat is furious, there's some player skill even when solo, and not a lot of broken stuff.  Loot is kinda diablo-y, which I like.

I haven't figured out what the bonus is for dual-wielding...  I seem to usually attack with only one blade or the other, except for the ^ attack, which used both but mostly did the about same damage as my primary hand.  Also, defense vs. Heroic defense baffles me, there's not enough information windows.  Coming from post-I12 CoX, details are good.

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 10:50:02 AM

I haven't figured out what the bonus is for dual-wielding...  I seem to usually attack with only one blade or the other, except for the ^ attack, which used both but mostly did the about same damage as my primary hand.  Also, defense vs. Heroic defense baffles me, there's not enough information windows.  Coming from post-I12 CoX, details are good.

Theres a base chance to attack with your offhand when you swing your main, i think its 20% which is around the difference between a 2h and a 1h weapon of the same levels dps.  You can probably increase your chance at offhand attacks with talents/gear.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: AoC Time Reqs  
Jump to: