Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:08:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: How do you /who, I do not knoo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you /who, I do not knoo  (Read 5100 times)
pants
Terracotta Army

on: June 01, 2008, 09:35:53 PM

Maybe I'm retarded, but the little top left People/Guild/PvP box is doing its best to stop me doing a simple /who.  All I want is something like

/who all bob    All people called bob*   or
/who all "Ninjas vs Pirates"    All people who are members of the Ninjas vs Pirates guild.

Its got all these fancy filters and zones and levels and crap which just get in the way.  How can I find people by their name?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 05:29:13 AM

You can't, it sucks.  What is there doesn't work very well either.  My guild has over 700 people in it and I can't find us in the guild lookup most of the time.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 05:30:53 AM

Why would you want to be in a guild with 700 people? That's like cockblocking PVP when it's capped at 48 people. And guild chat would be worse than OOC/Barrens Chat.

You know what.

Nevermind. I'll never be able to wrap my brain around it.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:11:31 AM

It makes sense on a pvp server to be in a very large guild.  Protection from the wolves, etc.

I don't think I'd want to go it alone or in a small guild on a pvp server.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:19:15 AM

If you need protection from the wolves, why even be on a PVP server?

Like I said, none of it makes sense to me.

It's like fighting for the throne to be the King of Asshole Kingdom.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 06:23:39 AM

Why would you want to be in a guild with 700 people? That's like cockblocking PVP when it's capped at 48 people. And guild chat would be worse than OOC/Barrens Chat.

You know what.

Nevermind. I'll never be able to wrap my brain around it.
Well my real guild has less than ten people playing so we joined a like minded mature guild so that we could get groups and do the guild city and such.  Since it's a mature guild chat is pretty good actually, mostly just tips and questions.  Logging into vent and seeing page after page after page of hundreds of people is pretty shocking though awesome, for real.

I'm not a huge PvP guy so I don't really mind if I miss out on sieges, there is also talk of creating alt guilds so that we can control multiple keeps.

We put up the walls for our city yesterday and kept crashing/locking out the zone as we all tried to watch.  The game did surprisingly well with a couple hundred people in view.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:30:58 AM by Miasma »
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 06:26:07 AM

I have some friends playing on a pvp server.  I've thought about joining them there but I really think that it's going to be like Mordred in 3 months.

All pvp all the time doesn't appeal to me in AoC for some reason.  I enjoy WoW's pvp servers - there's some good separation at low levels.  But the appeal of a pvp AoC server escapes me for some reason.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 06:52:32 AM

*Dr. Evil voice* You just don't get it, do you?

Random PVP rocks. Small group PVP rocks. Escalating PVP rocks...It's nice to have backup when you need it. Cause the other guy probably will. Just because you choose not to partake in the stuff doesn't make it teh suck like you seem to assume it is.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 07:00:14 AM

I'm not even going to get into this conversation again.

Suffice it to say: Imbalance and QQing Outliers.

The game has both and that destroys any want to be involved in any amount of FFA in AoC (or any MMOG).
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 07:04:12 AM

Then quit spewing the same bullshit. Or ill just keep QQ ing. ;)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 08:40:31 AM

I'm assuming that, even though you can only have 48 x 48, that when people quit, you can immediately replace them with another guildie, so it probably pays to have extra people hanging around.  I'm hoping that the 48 is raised much higher at some point.  I need more info on sieging, anyway.  My strategy guide comes today.  I'm hoping it's better than most strategy guides and actually guides me!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 09:13:43 AM

You could have two teams of 48 - one to attack enemy keeps, and one to defend your own! Or something? :P

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 09:24:17 AM

Oh and on the guild size "you won't be able to get a siege spot with that many people" thing without a large guild you probably won't be able to do sieges much either.  It seems you need a Tier 3 PvE city to claim a battlekeep, which will be hard to do in a small guild.  Then you need the all the resources to build the PvP Keep itself.  Then you need to have more PvP points accumulated than other guilds in order to be the one who gets to lay siege to someone else.

Or so I've heard.  Nothing is implemented yet so who knows.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: How do you /who, I do not knoo  
Jump to: