Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Funny thing happend last night. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funny thing happend last night.  (Read 3025 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: May 30, 2008, 08:16:27 AM

So, im playing a necromancer, currently at 31.

So, i have my 4 pets out, two Corrupter's and two blighted ones. I formed a group with 3 others friends, and some random that happened to be in the area with us. From what i can recall, there was me (necro), a ranger, Guardian  ,Tempest of Set , i think the PU person was a Conqueror.

So long ago i noticed that other magic uses that would group with me would some times be granted a Frozen hate if they crit someone or perform fatalities.

Cool.

As a necromancer rolls on in battle i am really reminded of Necromancers in Diablo. schild may kill me for saying that, but its true. At times, i can have around 8-9 pets out, not including frozen Hates granted to other players. (Currently i can have 4 pets as a base, the others are the parasi (skull guys), and frozen hates). But onlly is more shit dies, and the battle rolls on. Totally awesome if you ask me.

But here was apparently a magic class i had not grouped with before..... Well not a magic class, but this class seems to have a PASSIVE AOE RESURRECTION ability. Thats really hot. Very useful skill.

So, finally get to the really funny, really awesome thing that prompted me to start this thread.

Apparently, my corrupter's were channeling, or procing the Conqueror' AOE rez......... And rezzing people. (If i had 4 out, its was as if the other members of my group were being spammed, i know this because we play on a LAN together, and they were like,"Your pet can rez?")

Yes my friends, those that died in battle were being  resurrected by my pets... because of the Conqueror. This is also where the game really does start to feel very action packed, and like Diablo. We were fighting large groups of mobs for over an HOUR (Non-stop) last night, some of them (about 20%) elites, and three horned elites. My pets, and two priests that are also quite capable in melee, resurrecting like crazy and the battle kept rolling on.... ALL feeding my necromancers power as we grew. To the point where about 4 Frozen hates were summoned and spread around members of the group.

Currently as its seems to be, the necromancer is some form of catalyst for others classes, bridging and amplifying between them.

Fucking awesome, and i hope its all intended. It also made me realize, that with 4 more mob elite types, and the options to set the difficulty to epic. This games challenge curve starts VERY shallow, and must ramp up to very high heights. I think, 1-80 is really only the tip of the iceburg, looking at the small increments in gear numbers also leads me to believe that the difficulty is more akin to very early DnD.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:21:03 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 08:31:11 AM

Or its a bug and some day they'll bring the nerfhammer down on you.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Me am play gods"
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:23:39 AM

<---- Plays a Conqueror.

Furious Inspiration (the AOE rez ability) is awesome.

I don't see how it can escape a nerf once raiding starts though.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:05:12 AM

They don't have to nerf it, just make certain high level raid mobs counter-buff it.  We all know it is not uncommon for class rolls to morph dramatically sometimes once raiding begins.

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:01:55 AM

Or its a bug and some day they'll bring the nerfhammer down on you.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

They better not, its entirely to much fun. And its not like there isn't a huge counter to it.

AKA: Kill the necromancer.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Funny thing happend last night.  
Jump to: