Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Necromancer Pet Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Necromancer Pet Screenshots  (Read 7419 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: May 29, 2008, 01:00:27 PM

Mutilator

Corruptor

Blighted One

Harvester

Life-stealer

Magus

Arcanist

Reaper

Archmagus with Magus for comparison

Blood Arcanist with Arcanist for comparison

Necrotic bomb <----------  ACK!

Parasitic Soul

Army of the dead

This is quite possably the best selection of necromancer pets since eq2, AND you can have an ass ton out at a time....depending on level. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:04:17 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 01:03:50 PM

That gave me a terrible DAoC bonedancer flashback.

Edit: Mindnumbing Catacombs instance run flashback at that.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:06:38 PM by Miasma »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:05:00 PM

That gave me a terrible DAoC bonedancer flashback.

I do believe thats a last stage feat.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 01:12:10 PM

I kind of like the Harvester.  He sort of reminds me of Eddie.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 01:15:00 PM

solo? my necro sucks. I die so much I have permanent footprints on my back.

in a group though? I have 6-8 pets out all doing different things and trashing mobs. Their dps is so high that i literally cant cast more than a couple spells without pulling aggro, so it's lots of fun.

edit to say the screenshots could be taken at higher settings, my pets look even better than that......except the bomb....it's hard to make a floating pulsing testicle with flies ever look good
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:18:11 PM by Lakov_Sanite »

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 01:17:58 PM

in a group though? I have 6-8 pets out all doing different things and trashing mobs. Their dps is so high that i literally cant cast more than a couple spells without pulling aggro, so it's lots of fun.

I don't seem to have the solo problem. YMMV.

They are a group oriented support class definitely.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 11:28:03 AM

I don't seem to have the solo problem. YMMV.

They are a group oriented support class definitely.

I asked schild for help in the class thread. But im curious is there anything i can do at 12ish to avoid dying to every 2 pull i accidently stumble upon. Necromancer by the way hehe.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:31:36 AM

I die all the time with my necro. All. The. Time.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 11:35:05 AM

I die all the time with my necro. All. The. Time.

So if i like my necro just go with it ehh? I really really really like the necromancer style. Its just that the dying is discouraging.

P.S. My ranger seems a bit more tough, hehe, as in whirling blades of doom tough and so young still sheesh. Love the ability to switch between my ranged set up and my blades.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:37:55 AM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 11:36:26 AM

Not really. I would just outright stop playing Necro.

Oh, wait, I did. Ohhhhh, I see.

I've leveled most of the classes up past 10 now cept the tanks, Necro was a death magnet comparatively. I truly badly want to play a necro, it's theoretically a good toon. Right now it's just poopy. Keep it, roll another character.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 11:38:31 AM

Not really. I would just outright stop playing Necro.

Oh, wait, I did. Ohhhhh, I see.

I've leveled most of the classes up past 10 now cept the tanks, Necro was a death magnet comparatively. I truly badly want to play a necro, it's theoretically a good toon. Right now it's just poopy. Keep it, roll another character.

Gonna go with your advice.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 12:01:42 PM

Are you guys just standing around nuking? Because that would be my first piece of advice, don't do that. Get in there and stab people. Also, save frenzy and fear for yourself as a "Breather" making ability, i fight, get to a point i need to back off, fire that stuff off (not at the same time) and sit back a moment and replenish. Also, food and drink, use them. Potions also.

I generally have little issue taking on 6 mobs at a time 2 levels higher than me. Its a challenge, but not imposable. Also, i think its gilded bones, and..uh the other one thats a group buff shield, make sure they are up always. It is easy to notice they are not...you start dieing quickly. As far as pet set ups, i normality have two corrupter's, and 1-2 others of my choosing...i also have a good chunk of my feats in the pet management tree, and the rest in the generally category, specifically into resistances to melee. Also, KEEP ROLLING in combat, don't stop, you technically get more powerful the more you engage in combat, gather parasi, and frozen hates, and keep moving and fighting.

Currently at 35, and i did most of it solo. Let me know what your having issues with, i may have more advice.

EIDT: also, Tap unlife + corrupter's = you live. You can use per pet out, so 4 pets = 20 x4 per second healing.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:05:52 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 12:27:01 PM

Are you guys just standing around nuking? Because that would be my first piece of advice, don't do that. Get in there and stab people. Also, save frenzy and fear for yourself as a "Breather" making ability, i fight, get to a point i need to back off, fire that stuff off (not at the same time) and sit back a moment and replenish. Also, food and drink, use them. Potions also.

I generally have little issue taking on 6 mobs at a time 2 levels higher than me. Its a challenge, but not imposable. Also, i think its gilded bones, and..uh the other one thats a group buff shield, make sure they are up always. It is easy to notice they are not...you start dieing quickly. As far as pet set ups, i normality have two corrupter's, and 1-2 others of my choosing...i also have a good chunk of my feats in the pet management tree, and the rest in the generally category, specifically into resistances to melee. Also, KEEP ROLLING in combat, don't stop, you technically get more powerful the more you engage in combat, gather parasi, and frozen hates, and keep moving and fighting.

Currently at 35, and i did most of it solo. Let me know what your having issues with, i may have more advice.

EIDT: also, Tap unlife + corrupter's = you live. You can use per pet out, so 4 pets = 20 x4 per second healing.

wait til 50 it's a hoot

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Necromancer Pet Screenshots  
Jump to: