Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:49:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: The Patch Thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Patch Thread.  (Read 85378 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: May 27, 2008, 02:01:59 AM

Update Notes - 27th of May
General

* Grouped players that are apprenticed will now get their kill XP capped to the correct level.
* Characters should now always get zoned back from a PvP game
* Characters should now be able to move away from their spot, without the server thinking that they are hacking
* Using a lower rank ability should not lock up your character anymore

Quests

* Players should no longer lose destiny quests if their quest log is full
* Corrected some typos in various quest texts
* Updated directions in the quest "A Dangerous Challenge"
* The flame on the Torch of Eiglophian will now die after a while in Fields of the Dead.

Playfields

* Fix a lot of graphics lag issues caused by particles in Tarantia Noble, Field of the Dead and Eiglophian Mountains which should result in much lesser lag in those playfields

Player Characters

Necromancer
* Necromancer - you no longer lose the Cannibalism spell when investing the second feat

Guardian
* Guardian - Fixed a problem where the third rank in Counterstrike Stance was not giving you the damage shield while in defensive stance.

Bear Shaman
* Bear Shaman should now correctly recieve Blood Flow (Rank 3), Claws of Stone (Rank 2), and Spirit of the Bear (Rank 2) at level 40. (Note: If you are past level 40, you will gain these spells at level 45, 50, or 55 instead.)

Dark Templar
*Feat - the Dread Shadow pet will successfully spawn again.

NPCs

* Ragall the food and drink merchant has received a fresh stock of merchandise.
* Ranger archetype NPCs will no longer cause issues with the player's HP displayed incorrectly.

Crafting

* Bow/Crossbow now require wood
* More than 50 alchemy items have been added to vendors

City Building

* Requirement checks and consumption of resources when building PVE city buildings should be fixed.

GUI

* Changed the chat colors to be more like what players are used from other games.
* The guild chat text is now green
* Removed the DirectX 10 option from the option panel.
* Removed the 'Remove from Spellbook' functionality
* OOC chat channel should no longer be inactive after teleports.

EDIT:

Default  A note about traders and banks
We are fixing the traders and the banks but some exploits would still be possible with the version we have now. We know how important it is to have traders and banks back in the game but the system must work absolutely correct before we put them live again. The possible exploits that would result when this is not ensured would lead to much bigger issues for all players.

Thank you for your understanding.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 09:00:15 AM by schild »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:17:51 AM

Instead of mimicing other games for chat colors (and letting idiots spout things like "Oh they're wow-ifying already!") why not just let the player customize the fucking chat.  It's so basic I'm still amazed it's not in the game. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 03:44:07 AM

I really don't give a shit about what way the interface looks as long as its not distracting and the information you need is clear and easily avalible.

I haven't played enough to really make a judgment call in that. (damn RL)

As for customising the chat, that gets an internet vote from me.

Hic sunt dracones.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 04:14:03 AM

The icons really really need to be replaced. Or more accurately, they need to be icons not pictures. That becomes more apparently when you start to fill out a second or third bar with the things.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 08:00:04 AM

Which icons? All the tradeskill buyables that just say "Valuable" on a spinning bottlecap?    awesome, for real
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 08:10:03 AM

The icons for combos and such are a mess. They need something, um, iconic, so you can easily tell the different attacks from each other.  Right now, I mostly choose them based on where they are on my bar. I have no idea what picture goes with what combo. It gets worse if you try a more compact UI.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 09:18:25 AM

The patch has apparently removed cotton from the game swamp poop.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:22:43 AM

Probably why the servers are going down again for another 4 hours.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:26:12 AM

Yeah. My petitions continued to be deleted, but somehow my crafting quest got ubugged so I can go on with it. And now what? Cotton is not working anymore! You can't gather it and you can't even use the 400+ units you have in your resource bag. Woweeeeeeee

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 09:28:06 AM

Uh oh.  I hope they hurry because when those cotton balls get rotten, you can't pick any more cotton, you know.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 09:33:33 AM

Yeah. My petitions continued to be deleted, but somehow my crafting quest got ubugged so I can go on with it. And now what? Cotton is not working anymore! You can't gather it and you can't even use the 400+ units you have in your resource bag. Woweeeeeeee
The rare drop rate is weird and I have to assume coded to specifically screw some people including myself.  I harvested over 540 sandstone before getting the quartz but while I was getting it received 2 tin, 4 dark silver, 5 cottonwisp and 4 ebon ash...
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 09:42:13 AM

Removed the DirectX 10 option from the option panel.
DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 09:50:18 AM

Well, the servers are going down AGAIN today from 2-6 EST.  Maybe this time we'll get our traders back.  After 8hours today, we better get something decent. 
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 10:02:35 AM

I'd just settle for my dagger not being a bow anymore.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 10:14:30 AM

Well, the servers are going down AGAIN today from 2-6 EST.  Maybe this time we'll get our traders back.  After 8hours today, we better get something decent. 

you get green guild text, Oh and I (bear shaman) finally got my new ranks of heals and buffs.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 11:12:28 AM

Do you really think that's going to happen?  Isn't it more likely that they'll be removing the patch they just uploaded and trying to fix the stuff it broke?  I mean, one update and a couple hours later another?  I might be jaded and have an ugly mind, but it seems likely to be more ominous than joyful. 

I think it's adorable, however, that you have hope! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 11:28:40 AM

This totally feels like an "oh shit!" patch rollback to me. Funcom is showing its true colors that I recall from the AO days. Although I'm having way more fun this go around and I'm not lagging around the map, so they've at least made progress.
Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 11:35:05 AM

As good a time to unlurk as any I guess.  Anyhoo,  according to the European forums:

Default  EU Servers - Scheduled Downtime for an Update 27th of May - 22:00 GMT
The EU servers are coming down for an update at 22:00 GMT. The downtime is scheduled to last 6 hours.

Traders and banks should be back after this update.

Thank you.

I like the should part  awesome, for real
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 11:47:28 AM

Should means they're unsure if they'll work, but they'll try it anyway! If anything goes wrong? Just shutdown the servers for 4 hours and take them out. No biggie.

I'm beginning to wonder if they're going to compensate first day players for losing a 1/3 of their trial to downtimes.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 12:21:10 PM

Why not just double base inventory capacity? We don't need 1" square of screen real estate to hold a bandana.

I have never played WoW.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 02:47:20 PM

I'm seeing a marked performance boost today for whatever reason.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 03:18:01 PM

I'm getting 10 more fps on average than yesterday.

3 ghz P4 / AGP for the record.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 03:30:33 PM

Same here, but I installed SP3 so it might be that. Also copypasta of the, until now, full patch notes. I love the quiz we play every time after patches and have to find out 60% of whats not in the notes :

---------------------------------
Disclaimer: Havent checked it all. If it's incorrect please say so.
---------------------------------

General
* Various framerate improvements
* HP regen seem to work now
* Crashes and Lag seem better in FoTD and other zones
* No reported crash at exit
* Some reports of shinier avatar textures
* Camera "swapping" while turning camera has been improved
* Slow texture loading bug on Shader Model 3.0 mode has been fixed.(note: some reports state the other way around)
* New animation for Sheat/Unsheat weapon (aka. Combat and out of combat mode) (NEW)

Classes
* Demonologist
- Cooldowns added to Shockblast, Living Firestorm and Inferno of Amber Updated
- Demo's also got the cooldown on Fiery Torment increased from 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Living Firestorm has a tooltip that says 75 seconds cooldown yet has a 120 seconds cooldown.
- Storm Chains no longer seems to break on its own damage.
- Demo feat tree changed. Unclear about what has changed. Read Here (NEW)

* Necromancer
- Unholy Hands - Only working, scaling spell we have gone from 0 seconds cooldown to 45 seconds - no mention in the notes.

* Tempest of Set
- Quicksand now has a 30 second cooldown
- Idol of set is now working as intented (1 up at a time)
- Cyclone spam has been disabled
- Sets armor buff reduced by a small amount, lvl 38 defence rating reduced from 14 to 10
- Mark of Set (Rank 2) gave before +194,2 Max HP, not it gives +203,8 Max HP. It's a minor increase.(NEW)

* Ranger
- After executing the Salvo combo, arrows are being shot at a considerably lower speed, thus it's a massive nerf to burst damage.
- Rangers knockdown rate on both incapacitating stabs when feated and with shattering stance have been decreased greatly.(NEW)

* Guardian
- New patch changes 1-H edged to 1-H sword for most abilities for Guardian. (NEW) (reported to might be inaccurate. One player managed combos)

* Barbarian
- Feats No Escape and Savage Rage bugs have been fixed (NEW)

UI changes
* Group members now have a much larger and visible icon (blue potion bottle)
* The select instance button is much bigger and move obvious.

Tradeskills and resources
* Alchemist tier 2 quest unlocked
* Cotton gathered before the may 27'th patch may be unusable, and they wont stack with cotton gathered after the patch
* Some materials gathered before the May 27'th patch may not work for crafting. May be innacurate!

Mounts
* Speed on horses were scaled down (Draw your weapon for speed fix on mount) (UPDATED)

Emotes
* Following emotes has been removed or renamed:
- squirm_on_ground_f
- exhausted
- flirt_f
- dance_sexy_f
- dustoff
- excitedclap_f
- and many more

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 04:21:52 PM

Emotes
- squirm_on_ground_f GONE!!!!!@1!@!
- exhausted
- flirt_f
- dance_sexy_f
- dustoff
- excitedclap_f
- and many more

So much for the M rating.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 04:34:09 PM

Good thing I had a screenshot of it.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 05:14:30 PM

Emotes
- squirm_on_ground_f
Does it mean males are still allowed to squirm..?
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 05:51:04 PM

Speaking from my perverse curiosity and not my perverse gonads, what was involved in all of this terrestrial female squirming?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 06:05:02 PM

lets just say that 'squirming' isn't an accurate descriptor of what said female animation was doing.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 06:29:13 PM

lighting is now a bit fubared for me.  Also water rendering stuff is also messed up (not like omfg artifacts but massive pixelation and discoloration).

gogo funcom.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 06:41:30 PM

Good thing I had a screenshot of it.
Is it in the screenshot thread?
schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 06:41:56 PM

Yea, I'm rolling around the dead bodies.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 01:40:27 PM

Emotes
- exhausted
- flirt_f
- dance_sexy_f
- dustoff
- excitedclap_f
- and many more

I'm actually a bit upset they removed these.  Many were looping animations, and the "dangle" was awesome for sitting on the edge of things.  Why remove emotes? angry

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 01:46:23 PM

They're coming back.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 05:59:28 AM

Patch notes for May 29, felt they didn't deserve there own topic so tagging them on here:

The following important fix is updated today:

Withdrawing cash from the bank should now correctly add coins to your inventory instead of replacing the already existing ones.

No word on the 15 + lines that are missing from that since the servers are not up.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 06:25:35 AM

Emotes
- exhausted
- flirt_f
- dance_sexy_f
- dustoff
- excitedclap_f
- and many more

I'm actually a bit upset they removed these.  Many were looping animations, and the "dangle" was awesome for sitting on the edge of things.  Why remove emotes? angry

If you noticed, they cleaned up the text of the emotes list last patch, they must have been simply removed or missed. But they have stated they are coming back.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: The Patch Thread.  
Jump to: