Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:53:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Servers going down. Running some system stuff. Posting about Community Relations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Servers going down. Running some system stuff. Posting about Community Relations  (Read 17821 times)
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 06:41:54 AM

In my experience, similar policies about not discussing moderation exist for nearly all 'official' game specific forums, both game company or third party operated. Not saying it is the best mode of operation, but it is what it is.

Folks from here probably don't spend a bunch of time on 'official' game forums, and that probably just demonstrates superior judgment.

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 08:43:05 AM

Yes, clearly, she had no prior experience or job skills at all, and did a horrible job that anyone could have done better. Like, say, you.
Man you're sensitive to every offhand tweety mention! I didn't comment on her job performance, just that her previous exposure to the community was calling players a bunch of nutless buttmunchers, or something of the kind. Which is scarily quite close to Schild's qualifications.

And no, I would never seek a CM position. Eating bees, etc. Seems masochistic.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 29, 2008, 09:00:15 AM

Yeah, Tweety had a website where she bitched about stuff.  I seem to recall that she worked in the industry before that though.

Tweety, however Lum wants to defend her, had internet social skills to rival Milo and his "My Porsche needs repairs so keep paying your 10 bucks."  spiel.  Her rants on Biting the Hand usually were centered around how stupid everyone else was.  She, possibly, wasn't as bad as Myschyf as far as being instantly acerbic but hardly someone who I would look at and go, "Man, she'd be a great CSM."

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 09:06:22 AM

Yeah, Tweety had a website where she bitched about stuff.  I seem to recall that she worked in the industry before that though.

Otherway around, I believe.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 09:09:09 AM

No, I know her stint on DAOC was after Biting the Hand.  But I think she started Biting the Hand after having been working in the industry.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 09:20:15 AM

Yes, clearly, she had no prior experience or job skills at all, and did a horrible job that anyone could have done better. Like, say, you.
Man you're sensitive to every offhand tweety mention! I didn't comment on her job performance, just that her previous exposure to the community was calling players a bunch of nutless buttmunchers, or something of the kind. Which is scarily quite close to Schild's qualifications.

And no, I would never seek a CM position. Eating bees, etc. Seems masochistic.

Hey now, I have an f13 face and a non-f13 face. Some people can't compartmentalize. Young women, in particular, have this problem. I, however, am pretty much a master at it. If need be, I could die myself and you would never know, I'd animate my corpse and my corpse would be happy like nothing ever happened. I may be dead right now - and eating a PVP players brain. But you wouldn't know. Because I'm awesome.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 09:30:16 AM

She started the blog after having worked as an unpaid EQ guide. I remember hearing that she worked in some sort of PR before that, but not in gaming or community relations directly.

Of course you can compartmentalize. I'm a vicious bastard on the internet but completely professional in my real job. Except for posting on messageboards during long boring conference calls, anyway.
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 09:53:30 AM

Of course you can compartmentalize. I'm a vicious bastard on the internet but completely professional in my real job. Except for posting on messageboards during long boring conference calls, anyway.

My point was some people can't. Some people take shit to their real job, some people talk like a forum poster in real life, and some people can't be a CRM because of not recognizing differences between clientele.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 10:03:54 AM

AO had a volunteer program in-game called ARK (Advisors of Rubi-Ka).

I was an ARK. (I think the program almost certainly violated the law fwiw.) One of the reasons ARK worked was that AO players by and large were mature intelligent adults. At least when I played, community was one of the strongest aspects of the game. There wasn't a lot of stupid to gather in.

I can't imagine doing a similar job greeting people in Conan, much less trying to deal with the forums. Conan might be the first game to really truly challenge WOW for immaturity. My guess is that "mature" content, being in truth adolescently naughty not mature, actually attracts mainly immature people.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:05:32 AM by Numtini »

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 10:05:36 AM

Sure, and some people get tattoos on their face. Some people were born to wash my windshield and scrub my toilet. Hey, someone has to do it!
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 10:05:43 AM

She started the blog after having worked as an unpaid EQ guide. I remember hearing that she worked in some sort of PR before that, but not in gaming or community relations directly.

Yeah, I posted somewhere else that Funcom is providing her with a crapload of material should she choose to go into it. I'm really curious to read what she thinks about Funcom's CS practices. (Hint, hint Tweety if you're reading)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:08:00 AM by Montague »

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 10:41:00 AM

Tweety, however Lum wants to defend her, had internet social skills to rival Milo and his "My Porsche needs repairs so keep paying your 10 bucks."  spiel.  Her rants on Biting the Hand usually were centered around how stupid everyone else was.  She, possibly, wasn't as bad as Myschyf as far as being instantly acerbic but hardly someone who I would look at and go, "Man, she'd be a great CSM."

I'm pretty sure you have her confused with Jessica Mulligan.

And Sanya (who hasn't been called 'Tweety' in almost a decade) has internet social skills so superior to mine that I constantly had her check my blog posts to see if I was making an ass of myself. She also was perfectly capable of being extremely professional to a customer on the phone one moment and ranting about something else profanely enough to blister paint the next.

As is hopefully obvious I'm not unbiased. I keep trying to get her hired but she keeps refusing to move.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:44:44 AM by Lum »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 12:27:59 PM

No, I know her stint on DAOC was after Biting the Hand.  But I think she started Biting the Hand after having been working in the industry.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010406024446/tweety.bowlofmice.com/tweety/index.html

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 29, 2008, 12:46:20 PM

Lum is correct I have Sonya Thomas and Jessica Mulligan confused.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Servers going down. Running some system stuff. Posting about Community Relations  
Jump to: