Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoX doesn't want your money! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoX doesn't want your money!  (Read 5913 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

on: May 22, 2008, 12:49:02 PM

Over and out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 01:03:32 PM

I was about to resub... thanks for the link.  You just got me a free weekend!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 02:01:58 PM

That's awesome.  My daughter was just complaining that we don't play it anymore.  She likes the powers and the char gen. Now I just have to remember my ncaccount name.  thanks!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:49:21 AM

So I can't get this to run.  It pached overnight just fine, but when I start the patcher up it hangs for about 3 minutes before going to the "next" button.  I hit next, get to the login screen and it's all fucked up.  Pixellation into red, magenta and black blocks for the background screen.

The login window is readable, however, so I figure it's just a resolution problem and try to login so I can get at the options. No dice, and it gives me an error window I can't read because it pops up in the pixellated area.  Heartbreak  Any suggestions on what I should try when I get home? 

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:42:24 PM

Wow, I've never heard of that one before.  I know the game won't get past the patcher if you have something like Windowblinds active.  Try asking over at the Tech forums?  There's also a 'safe mode' you can check before clicking 'next' on the patcher.  Getting stuck at the patcher for a while before the 'next' comes up isn't that uncommon if the login server is getting hammered.

Over and out.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 02:24:37 PM

Figured it out! It was telling me I had the wrong password.  awesome, for real  Went to Ncsoft and changed it.  I forgot you use a different PW for your NCsoft account and your various game accounts. 

The patcher being hammered makes sense, what with the free weekend. 

The graphics thing I'm still working on, though.  I wish there were a way to change resolution without restarting the game and trying to relog in every time.  I can't seem to get it to change from 800x600.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 04:01:42 PM

Well glad to hear you're mostly in. And yes, the game is hopping. More people in than I've ever seen.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 05:45:06 PM

Fixed the resolution.. but still getting the pixellation.  It's worse than I thought because I can't read any of the powers in game.. they're all funny shapes and pixellated.  Drivers are updated and all I can figure is its because I installed from my old discs instead of patching the whole game.  I'm not in the mood to mess with it tonight, guess I'll have to figure it out later.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 05:49:03 PM

If you can go to Menu -> Options, reset all the windows back to their defaults. There's some new UI scaling code which might be messing things up for you. E.g. on one of my characters the tooltips are now ginormous (though the fonts themselves are scaled smoothly) and I have no idea how to change them back (there's no setting in the UI settings that I can find).
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 05:38:55 AM

Yeah, it's not the UI.. I think it just doesn't like my video card.

That's what I see, and it looks like that in-game, too.  Ah well, guess I won't play this weekend or ever again.  Yay for 4 year old games not supporting two year old vid cards.  awesome, for real

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 05:42:55 AM

I had that problem briefly (complete with distorted screen) when I updated my wife's video card drivers with the half-assed method. 

When I did it properly by removing the drivers, rebooting, and then doing a clean re-install of the card drivers, it worked like a champ.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 07:42:23 AM

Dunno if it's the lazy-man's install I did on the last upgrade, or if I just rolled back to a previous version (as suggested on the COH support forum) and did it properly this time, but it's working right now.  Thanks folks!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoX doesn't want your money!  
Jump to: