Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:18:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue 12 is Live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issue 12 is Live  (Read 7058 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

on: May 20, 2008, 08:48:12 AM

The announcement isn't up on the main site yet but servers just came up with I12 live and the patch notes are up.

Over and out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 10:57:05 AM

Fun, fun.

Do I get my Mastermind to 32 for the fun of Upgrade or do I make a new alt?  I'm torn. undecided

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:17:59 AM

Is it pathetic that I'm so so excited to be able to reorder the character select screen? Seriously, the quality of life stuff is wonderful. Now they need to do the wwwwwwwwwwwww = delete and move forward stuff from EQ2.

I had a long drive last week and listened to 20 hours worth of interviews and podcasts. I can't believe how much they got done with so little. Makes me wonder where the game would be if they weren't starved by Cryptic.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 11:26:07 AM

Official announcement with a bunch of links.

The quality of life stuff in this issue really is just amazing.  Pohsyb really outdid himself.

By the way if there's anyone looking to try CoX on a trial account, be aware that trial accounts were nearly crippled in an effort to try to curb RMT issues.

Over and out.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 11:53:06 AM

Fun, fun.

Do I get my Mastermind to 32 for the fun of Upgrade or do I make a new alt?  I'm torn. undecided
Huh? Upgrade?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 12:16:53 PM

Masterminds get their second pet upgrade power at level 32.

Over and out.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 12:27:37 PM

Masterminds get their second pet upgrade power at level 32.
Oh, okay. I'm only like level 17.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 12:33:30 PM

I really loved my mastermind until about 35.  It's then that I realize that I'm mostly a spectator in the game (watching my pet do stuff).  That's about the time I go back to my corrupter, scrapper, or blaster.  They're not as powerful solo, but they seem much more involved in the action. 

Then again, maybe I just love redesigning new costumes and I need an excuse to reroll. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 01:11:38 PM

As a Robots/Dark, and focusing heavily on my secondaries, Latency has a lot of debuff and control powers to keep me busy.  I also have my pet macros set up to give me a lot of fine-tuned control over the flow of battle.  (It's pretty much a direct translation of my pet controls from SWG.)

Costume design is a good reason to restart though. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 01:24:18 PM

As a Robots/Dark, and focusing heavily on my secondaries, Latency has a lot of debuff and control powers to keep me busy.  I also have my pet macros set up to give me a lot of fine-tuned control over the flow of battle.  (It's pretty much a direct translation of my pet controls from SWG.)

Costume design is a good reason to restart though. Grin
Oh, see, at level 17 as a Robots/FF Mastermind, I just....drop robots, equip robots, double bubble robots, set on bodyguard and go looking for fun.

Generally I focus-fire them on a single target (I keep them on defensive, though, to keep them from running off). I suspect sooner or later I'll want more control than that, but at the moment it's just fine.

If for some reason I get all the attention, I just throw up my personal force field and feel like I'm cheating somehow.

As for costumes -- just did a Corrupter and a Dominator. :) I make LOTS of alts just for costume fun.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 11:28:44 PM

Now is a good time to roll a villain alt if you haven't got a level 50 yet like me. Tons of people on the villain starting areas with the new epics running around everywhere. I leveled my dominator from 1 to 10 in a team with seven crab spiders yesterday  smiley
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 08:39:44 AM

I keep telling myself, "I will not re-roll, I will not re-roll, I will not re-roll"

The only bad thing is that my dominator hit a few roadblocks on 2 mission arc's.  I'm sure I could solo those missions if I was anything but a dominator, so I have to keep from picking up another character and keep on plugin on diffrent missions.

OMG! All the dress up stuff is awesome!  And yes the leveling is alot easier (and the grind is way down).  Has anyone unlocked the roman outfits yet?
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 10:18:27 AM

I keep telling myself, "I will not re-roll, I will not re-roll, I will not re-roll"

The only bad thing is that my dominator hit a few roadblocks on 2 mission arc's.  I'm sure I could solo those missions if I was anything but a dominator, so I have to keep from picking up another character and keep on plugin on diffrent missions.

OMG! All the dress up stuff is awesome!  And yes the leveling is alot easier (and the grind is way down).  Has anyone unlocked the roman outfits yet?

I got them on test. You can basically dress up like a soldier. It's very fancy. There's no custom cape but the "dagger" one seems to work very well.

You can quickly put yourself in a basic Roman outfit by selecting "roman" in the outfit selector once you've completed the task force and unlocked the costume, and then tweak the costume parts as there are usually 3-4 alternatives.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 09:22:46 AM

Somewhat buggy little release. Nothing game-breaking (at least not that I've noticed), but lots of little things. The pet buff icons are all screwed up (which IS a problem for me, at least). My current favorite bug involves the "Last logged" timer on the character selection screen.

I played one of my villians for awhile, logged back to the character selection screen, and was told it had been 49,715 days since I had last played my villian. :)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 12:54:50 PM

Free weekend mail just hit my inbox.  Time to patch! 
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 12:57:22 PM

I know! I already started a new topic about it!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Over and out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue 12 is Live  
Jump to: