Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: PvP servers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PvP servers  (Read 7563 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: May 19, 2008, 08:07:18 AM

So, is it the same as in OB? or did they adjust the servers to curb the span/loading ganking? I ejoy FFA pvp, but the ganking was a little much. So i am wondering what they changed about the PvP servers since OB, such as like immunity's or guard ETC...

anyone?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:33:46 AM

From what I understand, load camping is still in effect.  So are level gankers.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 08:58:56 AM

Where have you been, Mr. B?  The game starts and you just fuck right off!  We expected you to be here blowing kisses and tossing flowers!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 09:01:51 AM

From what I understand, load camping is still in effect.  So are level gankers.

Are the forums still awash in denial of said ganking/ load camping?

Really, I only wish to play to see the various WOW "pvp" guilds get camped, ganked and rez-camped into playing on PvE servers.  Waylander's site had a nice link to a group who insisted they were going to "pwn" because they were 'leet wow pvpers.'  It gave me a giggle to think of all these 14 year old who've never experienced full-loot (well, that's not in yet..) xp-loss PVP suddenly up against a server full of oldschool UO Pks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 09:29:40 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 09:26:09 AM

Yeah, they are. 

That and 'ZOMG FUNCOM U FCUKING SUK FOR NOT ALLOWING ME MY 3 DAY ADVANCE NOTICE I AM CANCELLING FALSE ADVERTISEMENT I'M TAKING MY GUILD AND LEAVING FUK U"

I do love watching people flame the hell out anyone that makes a post like that. 
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 09:41:17 AM

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 12:25:19 PM

Where have you been, Mr. B?  The game starts and you just fuck right off!  We expected you to be here blowing kisses and tossing flowers!

lol, sorry, been playing "My life as king", and waiting till the official launch. I had chosen a long time ago to skip the early access rush. I got my box and everything ready to go.

I'm going to have a toon with you guys, and one with some of my friends who have chosen to go PvP server. We shall see how long that lasts for me, and them.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:26:50 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 12:34:02 PM

You can have a "toon" with those other friends.  You'll have to settle on having a "character" with us, though. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 04:20:06 PM

I must say the 'head start' is going to make it brutal for all us normal release people.

Ah well, lets rock.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:24:27 PM

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 05:03:42 PM

Over the weekend I only had issues being camped in white sands.
Talonus
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 05:19:20 PM

It really isn't that bad; even if there are campers you can just switch to another instance of the zone. Of course, it will most likely get worse upon release.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 05:21:49 PM

Yeah, this is just the warm-up.  Tho the camping gankers are foolish not to maximize their levels so they don't find the tables turned by the guys who ARE doing just that.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 06:48:51 PM

I play on doomsayer ( I think) and honestly haven't had much problems it seems those guilds which cause problems thus far mostly end up getting their members curb stomped a lot by the general population.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 09:17:11 AM

So how are these servers going?  From reading the boards it seems there are a few puzzling issues that funcom didn't address.  You can jump in water to end combat and escape, casters can just run away from melee and if the melee follow they don't have any stamina to fight left and get killed, stuff like that.

Reading the forum wars between people who have always wanted FFA and the WoW PvP players who want limits is somewhat entertaining.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 09:20:48 AM

There was some spawn camping in the instance below tortage last night, i just laughed it off and went afk for five mins till they got bored then went about my bussiness.

I am the .00000001428%
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 11:15:01 AM

I have answered my own question. I'm on the RP-PvP server. And most people are playing nice, there are a few that are not. Like the level 18 that was stalking us 3 level 8's, we whooped his ass however...3 times.

All in all, for now, its seems people play nicely, if they don't, you really DO have the option to switch instance. Its not anything like open beta. But then again, it could be because everyone just wants to level right now. maybe.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 01:19:54 PM

A couple small PvP-related tidbits of information given by Gaute in a "netmeeting" on a Norwegian website where he answered questions from people:
- In the next patch, you will be protected by a "Shield of the Risen" when you respawn. This shield only breaks when you attack something. Shield of the Risen gives you immunity from attacks.
- Players will do the same amount of damage against a lvl 80 opponent (if they can hit him) as against a lvl 20 opponent - the damage doesn't scale up or down based on the level of the character you're fighting against.
- Two level 60ies might be able to take down a level 80.
- Four level 10 characters took down a level 40 in the beta

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: PvP servers  
Jump to: