Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:04:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: over/underpowered? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: over/underpowered?  (Read 3130 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

on: May 17, 2008, 07:58:02 PM

From what i heard from testers the only thing thats seriously wrong with this game atm is class balance so i'd like to hear from people who were in beta (preferably those who got to play higher levels) what classes are the most powerfull and which ones need the most help.  I don't want to play something thats bound to get hit with the nerf stick pretty fast, but i don't want to play a gimp that will take months to get up to par either.

I am the .00000001428%
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:09:10 PM

In the PvP and Open betas, Hunters were vastly overpowered.  I'm not sure how that's going to play out with this build though. 

Guardians were, imo, weak in PvP.  They can't take crap worth of magic damage, yet can't dps for poo either.  Meanwhile, my conq got stealth attacked by an assassin and wound up whooping it's ass with still 75% health left.  Not saying Conq's are OP, just that other melee (rogue classes) don't stand a chance vs. them. 

Again, all of this was at lvl 20, and I suspect that at lvl 80 things will be quite different.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:03:21 PM

In the PvP and Open betas, RANGERS were vastly overpowered.  I'm not sure how that's going to play out with this build though.

It was ranger for decades then WoW comes along and calls them hunters, so now I hear a ton of people call all bow based classes hunters?

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
KyanMehwulfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 11:21:27 PM

I'm pretty sure Rangers were toned down near the end of open beta and were brought more in line.

Assassins... not sure about overall balance, but from what I recall of their spec options, they can choose a damage type that lets them excel at either squishies or heavies (but not both). So that may explain some discrepancies between feedback on them doing well or doing poorly (as above).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: over/underpowered?  
Jump to: