Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 09:44:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Tech info & tips 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tech info & tips  (Read 23178 times)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #70 on: June 05, 2008, 10:00:38 AM

I found this on the forums today, it's a bit drastic but it should get rid of the movies.  You have to revert to be able to patch though Ohhhhh, I see..
1) Make sure that the client is fully patched and you get up to the "Play" button.
2) Close the patcher and make a backup of your localconfig.xml file (this is important)
3) Open your LocalConfig.xml file after you have made a back up by right clicking the file, going to "Open With" and selecting notepad or another text editor and delete the line that says:

<HttpPatchFolder> AoCLiveUS </HttpPatchFolder>

After saving, be sure that it still has an ".xml" filetype.

4) From the install directory go into your \cd_image\Movies folder. Delete everything in this folder.
5) Run AgeofConan.exe (not ConanPatcher.exe - this is important)

This should bypass all intro movies for you. Be advised that this will never allow you to patch again and when the next patch occurs you will not be able to log into the game. This is why you backed up your localconfig file. When the next patch comes around replace your modified localconfig file with the one you back up, patch up, then repeat the above steps.

If this works please let me know.

Remember this is only for people that are crashing when the intro movies are playing!
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 09, 2008, 07:31:55 PM

Edit: moving info to the appropriate thread - hardware and AoC
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:39:00 PM by raydeen »

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Tech info & tips  
Jump to: