Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Not the only kid on the block. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not the only kid on the block.  (Read 6900 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: May 16, 2008, 06:37:55 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:23:36 AM

Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:43:44 PM

Heh, which goes to show the spread here in this space...!

Vivaty: 16 person web-embedded 3d chat areas using a plugin.

Sims Carnival: Single-player user-composited Flash games using premade skinnable bits, with some SDK access
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 06:08:19 PM

So um...are these actually, like...games? I'm confused. swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 03:47:19 PM

If I click "Start now!" on Vivaty, I get a form to fill out. If I click "Play" at Sims Carnival, nothing happens, because it's just a graphic; there's a "Create An Account" button, but I'm tired of making accounts.

All three of them look like they're for kids or the "casual gamer." (I know, casual gamers don't exist, shaddap.) Kids and casual gamers don't want to fill out forms. Hardcore or hobbyist gamers do, but those don't look like spaces for hardcores or hobbyists.

Things are moving too slowly! Someone put me in stasis for about 20 years so I can wake up when this stuff has matured!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 10:56:59 AM

What about Three Ring Circus' Whirled?

http://www.whirled.com/

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 02:43:19 PM

Dude! I clicked "Play Now!" and I get to make funny faces out of blocks of tofu and/or cheese! Awesome. QBeez wins the "Play Now" barrier.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 05:00:54 PM

The list of comparisons is not all that short. To the average end user, Metaspace is not going to be very different. But in fact, every example cited here and those I can think of are extremely gimped in significant ways (not an MMO, no actual game play, no actual backend support, etc) for those trying to build their own truly custom browser-based MMOs without having to invent the wheel.
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 09:12:00 AM

We will give the average end user a bit more ability to build stuff -- think more like Sims in that sense. We really do what that kind of ease of use. But with far greater scriptability for advanced users, more like NWN or a UO server emu or something.

We just reached friends & family testing, so it shouldn't be long before I can get a bunch of you in, I hope. Keep an eye out for invites starting for those who signed up originally.

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 02:10:22 PM

Also to note, we're waiting for something a bit more customizable for f13 integration, but it will eventually come. For those wondering we tinkered with and had planned chat integration but decided against it. I didn't contact Raph because my life got thrown upside down for a few weeks there. End result: I landed in a different state. From 15,000 feet in the air.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Not the only kid on the block.  
Jump to: