Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:22:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Who all is going to be playing at some point this weekend? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who all is going to be playing at some point this weekend?  (Read 28776 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: October 27, 2004, 12:44:32 PM

I don't know.  Fuck off.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #36 on: October 27, 2004, 01:44:24 PM

Quote from: Signe
I don't know.  Fuck off.

Bah, now I have to start reading names of people who are posting instead of just looking at their avatars.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: October 27, 2004, 03:55:45 PM

I just had a nic injection.  I'm sorry, Soukyan, although I'll probably come back in a couple of hours and tell you to fuck off again.  Be patient with me, please.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 27, 2004, 04:06:34 PM

I'll be travelling this weekend.  No GW for me.  

This was my "most anticipated new game" until the E3 demo.  I wasn't too enamored with the E3 preview... then again, I have no love for Diablo.  I'm hoping that they now have a bit more polish and have added in some complexity.  

My hope is that one of you articulate people will drop a review of this beast on the boards early next week.  Maybe a nice fanboi spin will give me the urge to try it again... though bile is more fun to read.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 27, 2004, 04:09:03 PM

I don't know.  Fuck off.

You can never have enough hats, gloves, and shoes? Really Pats, even bloody Amanda Dekatne can remember the word "accessories".

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 27, 2004, 04:36:42 PM

I just had a nic injection.  I'm sorry, Soukyan, although I'll probably come back in a couple of hours and tell you to fuck off again.  Be patient with me, please.

I'm still smoking after failing to quit recently so feel free to take it out on me. While I'm fucking off, I'll smoke one for ya. ;)

But seriously, it's an excellent thing you're doing by quitting. Stick to it.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: October 27, 2004, 07:32:32 PM

She's not quitting. I mean, she is quitting - but everyone is, so yea, good luck Signe. But if you don't quit, you've got good company.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #42 on: October 27, 2004, 08:05:23 PM

I only smoke hooka.

MrHat is arab.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #43 on: October 27, 2004, 09:06:59 PM

Quote from: schild

Yay! The puss in boots avatar is gone!

Am I the only one that misses the kitty?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #44 on: October 28, 2004, 05:10:17 AM

Quote from: Trippy

Yay! The puss in boots avatar is gone!

Am I the only one that misses the kitty?

Yes.  Obviously you are.  Go shave your own pussy.

I want a cigarette and I'm out of anything even remotely herbal.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 28, 2004, 12:05:48 PM

I'm playing right now. Look for Phred the Just if you want to hook up.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 28, 2004, 12:32:03 PM

I'm at work and unable to play atm, but someone please tell me -- how is a 90kb mmorpg playable?
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #47 on: October 28, 2004, 12:34:46 PM

Quote from: Kenrick
I'm at work and unable to play atm, but someone please tell me -- how is a 90kb mmorpg playable?

Because it downloads the whole thing during gameplay.   Remarkably smooth, too.

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 28, 2004, 12:42:46 PM

Quote from: geldonyetich

Madness, I tell you. MADNESS!
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 28, 2004, 12:45:45 PM

I'll fire it up this weekend, I'll see if I can spot any familiar names. I'll name my guy Ardent, so those of you who think I'm an idiot (a majority) can avoid me.

Fuck off.

If I had a nickel for every time a girl told me that, it could fund my purchase of GW. And several expansions. And a new computer to play it on.

Um, never mind.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #50 on: October 28, 2004, 01:06:56 PM

Looks like there' s a bit of loading time when you first enter a zone, but it should be a one time thing.

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 28, 2004, 01:46:28 PM

Oh what the hell. I didn't much care for it during the E3 preview, but I'm going to give her a spin for posterity's sake. The skill sets make me curious, seeming more like MtG cards than abilities. free + bored = concede
Liquidator
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 28, 2004, 01:49:36 PM

Are the abysmally slow download speeds of the client due to the fact that so many people are (probably) downloading the client now?  Hopefully these type of speeds won't be around in release.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 28, 2004, 01:51:14 PM

Madness, I tell you. MADNESS!

The secret link to negative ping code?

Naw... we couldn't be that lucky.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Belzac
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 28, 2004, 07:28:42 PM

I'm will playing Belzac Jojen...monk necro
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 28, 2004, 07:33:00 PM

Game uninstalled.

Graphics engine:  Pretty.

Interface, conrols and content:  Unpretty.
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: October 28, 2004, 08:15:30 PM

Game uninstalled.

ASDW movement is hard? Content is unpretty? What? PVP, I'm so confused. You played for like 5 minutes. Didn't people rail on haemish for playing for a few hours and judging a game? I like the interface.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 28, 2004, 08:26:55 PM

Game uninstalled.

ASDW movement is hard? Content is unpretty? What? PVP, I'm so confused. You played for like 5 minutes. Didn't people rail on haemish for playing for a few hours and judging a game? I like the interface.

Eh.  Maybe it's that i have 102 degrees fever and my ability to sit up longer than said 5 minutes is nonexistant.  :(

Did the engine remind anyone else of Dungeon Siege??
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 28, 2004, 09:28:08 PM

Looks like there' s a bit of loading time when you first enter a zone, but it should be a one time thing.

A bit?  For me it was 10-15 minutes for each first zone.  Admittedly, once the files have been downloaded it was quick, but the first time you zone into anywhere is painful.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #59 on: October 29, 2004, 12:42:20 AM

The UI is horrible.  I hate it.  The big clunky buttons are big and clunky.  They annoy me.  You can't resize anything at all. I can't find the quit button.  Who makes a game without a quit button?   /quit doesn't work for me.  I figured the 'explorable area' was soloable.  It's not, but you can go in and out and kill the first 3 or 4 mobs over and over.  MrHat gives up too easy but he gives me his shit before he logs out.  I like that.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #60 on: October 29, 2004, 12:52:36 AM

The UI is horrible.  I hate it.  The big clunky buttons are big and clunky.  They annoy me.  You can't resize anything at all. I can't find the quit button.  Who makes a game without a quit button?   /quit doesn't work for me.  I figured the 'explorable area' was soloable.  It's not, but you can go in and out and kill the first 3 or 4 mobs over and over.  MrHat gives up too easy but he gives me his shit before he logs out.  I like that.

I agree the UI is a bit odd. Use F10 to logoff. There are henchmen/women near the zone exits that you can bring along with you if you want to play by yourself but can't get through the area solo.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #61 on: October 29, 2004, 02:08:04 AM

Yes, I found the logout key... I suppose I should have checked the keyboard settings first off.  Henchmen seem to be a bit buggy and I'd rather play with a proper group anyway.  I was right, however, ages ago when I said this community might be a little scary.  They are total shite.  I will probably only play this game when I can group with friends.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 29, 2004, 06:27:30 AM

Dren Jootz

Look me up ingame sometime.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 29, 2004, 06:29:32 AM

Yes, I found the logout key... I suppose I should have checked the keyboard settings first off.  Henchmen seem to be a bit buggy and I'd rather play with a proper group anyway.  I was right, however, ages ago when I said this community might be a little scary.  They are total shite.  I will probably only play this game when I can group with friends.

I actually had good success with the groups I got into.  I did have to ignore the chatter in town (they will have to put filters into chat.)  I'm sure chat will be the biggest "improvement" from now until release.
schild
Administrator

Reply #64 on: October 29, 2004, 07:01:30 AM

I grouped with 7 of the f13 folks and a henchman. Had good fun. Life intervened. I'll buy it. I'm sure in the next 5 months there will be lots of changes. Viva la Blizzard North.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #65 on: October 29, 2004, 10:24:04 AM

I am with Kenrick.. though I don't have a fever.  I just can not get into the game.  Will keep at it with different character through the weekend, but right now I only give it a 'Meh'.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #66 on: October 29, 2004, 11:38:28 AM

Quote from: Ookii
Maybe it's like a marriage, while you are dating it (beta) everything is wonderful and you are in love, but when you tie the knot (release) it all goes to hell.

That's the usual way of things.

Witty banter not included.
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: October 29, 2004, 12:00:40 PM

Quote from: Jayce
Quote from: Ookii
Maybe it's like a marriage, while you are dating it (beta) everything is wonderful and you are in love, but when you tie the knot (release) it all goes to hell.

That's the usual way of things.

Don't agree with him. He wouldn't know. Postcount ++.

Bored.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 29, 2004, 12:53:26 PM

Well, that was fun. Another 3D engine that makes my particular setup go black screen. Looked like a simplified PSO until then, so... nah.

Thankfully there's Maple Story.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #69 on: October 30, 2004, 11:58:49 AM

Count me in for some.  Work and school are kicking my ass, so I won't be
on much, but eh, everyone needs to cast responisbility to the wind occassionally.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Who all is going to be playing at some point this weekend?  
Jump to: