Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Hmmm, "CoK", the tasteless title possibilities are 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hmmm, "CoK", the tasteless title possibilities are  (Read 4768 times)
Calantus
Terracotta Army

on: October 25, 2004, 10:27:31 AM

MtGO is offline, and became so a few hours ago with a warning message. Considering this is Oct 25th for the slow people in the old US of A, I'd say that means MtGO is being updated with the CoK expansion. So, now is the perfect time to talk about what people are going to do when it does hit MtGO.

Personally I intend to enter 1-2 leagues and 4-5 drafts for the pre-release, then trade for a few cards I think will work well with the decks I like to play, or that tickle my fancy. One each of the blue and white dragons, some pale curtain samurais, cranial extrations depending on how crazy their prices get, some zone alarms, and no doubt some others I can't think of at the moment. Of course that will clean me out for the week, but what else is new?

EDIT: If the damn thing was going to chop down the thread title, surely it could have indicated that in the text field, no?
Liquidator
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 11:23:24 AM

I haven't played Magic in a while - didn't mess with the Mirrodin block at all, but Champions of Kamigawa has piqued my interested.  The ancient oriental/samurai type feeling that I have got from the pictures of cards really looks nice.  I haven't looked at a spoiler list of the cards so I don't know how the set turned out, but as long as it's not artifact-centric like Mirrodin block was I'll be happy.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 12:59:26 PM

Bought some packs. Got some decent cards. I probably won't have time to play until...well, until a certain date. Unfortunate that. I'll be buying a box whenever I have spare time again. :P
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 10:00:42 PM

Cranial extractions are going for 16-18 tix. I don't think so, I'll just rare-draft them every time I see them, maybe I'll get 2 before Kamigowa block rotates.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 10:29:39 PM

I really don't think the Extractions are going to go below ten.  Its possible they'll just keep going up.  They can go in so many extended decks, and they're going to have an impact on standard for a while.  Sigh.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 04:31:42 AM

Yea, they are so much better than Lobotomy. Fucking wizards.
ZenScrotum
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 05:14:12 PM

Wait, is he saying he has a problem with the CoK Block?  rolleyes
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 08:34:55 PM

A little late we are, yes.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Hmmm, "CoK", the tasteless title possibilities are  
Jump to: