Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:36:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Dear God, Help Me, I'm trying this again 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear God, Help Me, I'm trying this again  (Read 44597 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: May 16, 2008, 09:46:18 AM

Well, I started making inventions -- made a 10 accuracy one (I've got the mats for several 15 Damage and 15 Accuracy, and even some 15 To Hit ones). I just need to figure out which ones to make and where to slot them. I also need to ding level 12 to make them.

The black market is a bit confusing in terms of how to sell stuff there. I didn't have too much time last night to play around -- just ran the invention tutorial.

You should be able to make them, you just won't be able to use them yet.

Over and out.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: May 16, 2008, 10:00:36 AM

True -- I also was low on infamy at that point. I figured I'd slot out using as many invention enhancements as possible, so I didn't have to worry about decay. Battle robots first, defense second, pulse rifle third.

Oh god, I got my butt handed to me on a Mayhem mission -- two deaths, one when I went to do the raid and one when I was trying to escape the vault. I got the key and then just beelined (jet-pack) there, apparently my little minions were running along dragging longbow.

I entered the warehouse and FIVE fucking longbow entered -- three yellow, two white. They all aggroed on me, and I had jack and shit in the way of inspirations to help with that.

Die to the hero on the way out -- took the hero down, but she had two longbow and an undercover detective (I think just bad timing) and I died with one longbow and the undercover guy still standing.

Completed the mission with no debt left, but still.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:02:55 AM by Morat20 »
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: May 16, 2008, 10:34:03 AM

True -- I also was low on infamy at that point. I figured I'd slot out using as many invention enhancements as possible, so I didn't have to worry about decay. Battle robots first, defense second, pulse rifle third.

Oh god, I got my butt handed to me on a Mayhem mission -- two deaths, one when I went to do the raid and one when I was trying to escape the vault. I got the key and then just beelined (jet-pack) there, apparently my little minions were running along dragging longbow.

I entered the warehouse and FIVE fucking longbow entered -- three yellow, two white. They all aggroed on me, and I had jack and shit in the way of inspirations to help with that.

Die to the hero on the way out -- took the hero down, but she had two longbow and an undercover detective (I think just bad timing) and I died with one longbow and the undercover guy still standing.

Completed the mission with no debt left, but still.

There's two ambushes inside the bank: one when you get close to the vault door and one when you grab the cash (there are other ambushes in Mayhem Missions but I'm just talking about inside the bank itself).  The vault door ambushes come in multiple waves and those are bank security/police.  The money ambush is the hero plus some longbow that come to stop you.  To finish the mission you only need to defeat the hero and longbow.  If you're a victim of bad timing and get a wave of police that coincides with the hero/longbow ambush, you still finish the mission just by killing the latter ambush.  It doesn't matter if there's police still standing.

Over and out.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: May 16, 2008, 10:48:33 AM

I'm absolutely stunned at how much $$ I can make just by grabbing a recipe and stuff, popping over to build it, and put it on the market. It sells in a day and I double my money

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: May 16, 2008, 11:48:29 AM

I'm absolutely stunned at how much $$ I can make just by grabbing a recipe and stuff, popping over to build it, and put it on the market. It sells in a day and I double my money
The whole secret bid thing is confusing me, at the moment. I did get a few recipe drops (and bought two that I wanted) -- including bat wings, which seems a pretty easy to get one, but still -- and I'm so freaking FULL on salvage that I need to either sell it, or go run some missions for infamy and make a bunch of Inventions and sell those. :)

I'd prefer the latter, at least at first, so I can replace my enhancements with ones that won't decay as I level.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Dear God, Help Me, I'm trying this again  
Jump to: