Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:58:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Qeynos map is up now, too. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Qeynos map is up now, too.  (Read 4633 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: October 25, 2004, 06:56:30 AM

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 07:11:29 AM

People really like grey and black in this game hehe

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 07:14:10 AM

They seem to like it on this board, too.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 08:05:37 AM

People in Qenyos are so nice to your character, and Freepers are such dicks.  I think my troll will have to do the betrayal quest.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 08:44:34 AM

Quote from: El Gallo
People in Qenyos are so nice to your character, and Freepers are such dicks.  I think my troll will have to do the betrayal quest.

It's the problem with evil in games I think - the idea is cool - but the community it tends to attract is not.

"  HaemishM.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 09:21:00 AM

I might do the betrayal as well, I mean, Qenyos just looks so nice.

Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 09:21:51 AM

What do you expect from eeeeeeeevvvviiilllllllllll?

Although, adminttedly, the predominance of such a low-brow sort of evil is a bit distressing.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 09:23:42 AM

Quote from: jpark

It's the problem with evil in games I think - the idea is cool - but the community it tends to attract is not.

It's more the problem with evil in general.  Evil is generally self-serving and often homocidal.  It's part of the problem evil organizations have... morale sucks, and real loyalty is all but non-existant.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 09:49:28 AM

It just comes off as so juvenile.  I would be all over playing my part in some conspiracy to unleash demonic hordes on the world or somesuch.  However, evil in most games (including, sadly, EQ2) is getting quests to kick puppies for no reason and having every NPC say "you smell" or "look at me again and die, loser."

There is also a serious overruse of what I call the "err" mechanic in the NPC dialogue.   I'm sure there is a better name for it, but it seems every other one of the Freeper questgivers says something like "I want you to go fetch this potion so I can slaughter everyo...err heal my sick friend" which was old the second time time I heard it.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 11:14:32 AM

This is the third post of mine in various forums about innocent things like maps and Jboots that has sparked a discussion on 'evil'.  I'm beginning to get nervous.

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 11:20:25 AM

Its the shaved pussy Signe, it brings out the evil in everyone.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 11:32:05 AM

It just comes off as so juvenile.  I would be all over playing my part in some conspiracy to unleash demonic hordes on the world or somesuch.  However, evil in most games (including, sadly, EQ2) is getting quests to kick puppies for no reason and having every NPC say "you smell" or "look at me again and die, loser."

There is also a serious overruse of what I call the "err" mechanic in the NPC dialogue.   I'm sure there is a better name for it, but it seems every other one of the Freeper questgivers says something like "I want you to go fetch this potion so I can slaughter everyo...err heal my sick friend" which was old the second time time I heard it.

I hear ya.  A great evil Archetype is Dracula.  Evil yes - but his manner and discourse was always sophisticated and superficially courteous ... to a point.  In pen and paper DnD we called this Lawful Evil.

Evil is great when it is sophisticated.

"  HaemishM.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 11:37:48 AM

Quote from: jpark

I hear ya.  A great evil Archetype is Dracula.  Evil yes - but his manner and discourse was always sophisticated and superficially courteous ... to a point.  In pen and paper DnD we called this Lawful Evil.

Evil is great when it is sophisticated.

Yes.  However, look at the demographic for these games, including the average maturity level...  Of this demographic, those who wish to be evil, if given a choice between lawful evil and chaotic evil, will choose which?  Exactly.  Therefore, Freeport, and the stupid 'evil'.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 07:47:13 AM

Darniaq has some nice new maps.  He is the God of All Maps, I think.  Maybe he'll post them here?

DARNIAQ!  Get with the plan, mate!

I want to smoke.  Dammit.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 07:51:09 AM

Yes. Please to be posting your pretty maps.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Qeynos map is up now, too.  
Jump to: