Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Atlus is making (or localizing) a MMOG. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Atlus is making (or localizing) a MMOG.  (Read 21292 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: May 01, 2008, 08:38:25 PM

Atlus is making (or localizing) a MMOG.

GAME PRODUCER

The Game Producer is responsible for overall game performance of a significant MMO title including revenue, game content, and community growth. This Producer manages and coordinates the day to day activities of the game team supporting this MMO title. The Producer is also responsible for gathering the necessary resources from our engineering, quality assurance, marketing, and business development teams which will contribute to their game title's growth and success.

The Game Producer should posses a background that includes project management of multi-phased projects, daily management of hourly employees, and driving revenue based on marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate for this position should have a strong understanding of their gaming community and the ability to balance scope, time, cost, risk and quality of their title while also developing a high performance team.

The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:

Responsibilities
# Perform ongoing game product analysis by working closely with the Director of Online Games to ensure project requirements are clearly defined, understood, and delivered
# Prepare and maintain daily documentation to include game project plans, status reports, risk assessment plans, change requests, and resource requests
# Maintain current knowledge of the latest MMOG market trends and customer requirements in both the US and foreign markets
# Define requirements for administrative tools used to manage the game
# Provide strategic direction to the game experience based upon community knowledge and expertise
# Work with your Community Manager to understand community needs and develop ways to effectively address them

Minimum Qualifications
# Produced and managed at least 2 - 3 MMO or PC based titles
# Minimum 7 years experience in the game industry, with increasing levels of responsibilities

Additional Positive Considerations
# Experience working at an Internet or web based company

I'd highlight the important parts, but they capitalized them for me. Is it Shin Megami Tensei Imagine? Or something new. Is Atlus USA going to sextuple the size of their studio and make a new MMOG? What the hell is happening here? I'm hyped for for a goddamn ghost. Someone hold me.

Edit: Some additional thoughts. Atlus is located in Irvine. The cost of living in Irvine is roughly the equivalent of chartering a 200-foot yacht to Mars and building the surrounding space shuttle with help from a team of highly unqualified heart surgeons. They are probably expecting an MMOG Producer to get paid the industry average +10-20%. Might I point out that Irvine would require an MMOG producer get paid 2-300% more, if not more. Especially if they have a family. Especially if they want someone with, ahem, SEVEN years of experience. Basically, wow, this is an interesting tree to bark up. God bless you, Atlus. Best of luck with this. It's total madness.

Edit 2: You know, on second thought, competition for this job will be FIERCE. Like, tooth and fucking nail and knife and shotgun. Then more gun. They should titled it *PRODUCER WHO WILL ACCEPT THE LITTLEST AMOUNT OF MONEY, BECAUSE WE KNOW YOU'RE ALL GOING TO APPLY. WE'RE AWESOME." And they are. Man, I wish they'd make it a reality show. It would be better than the trash they put on Hell's Kitchen.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 08:53:25 PM

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME.

lesion

Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:46:26 PM

steam|a grue \[T]/
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 05:39:48 AM

I didn't understand all the excitement but then I went to the Atlus web site and saw all the big eyed girlymen. Say no more.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 05:53:17 AM

How is this awesome? Their best games just wouldn't translate well to an MMO. Persona 3 the MMO? Disgea the MMO? Digital Devil Saga, the MMO?

Nope. Either it won't resemble their stuff at all and will be a waste of time. (I predict a Final Fantasyish Grindathon) or it will but will be so terrible it'll tarnish our memories of their games.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 06:50:20 AM

Since when was Irvine expensive to live in?  That's gotta be because of the UC, not because its a nice place, fuck Irvine its a damn armpit.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 07:48:46 AM

How is this awesome? Their best games just wouldn't translate well to an MMO. Persona 3 the MMO? Disgea the MMO? Digital Devil Saga, the MMO?

Nope. Either it won't resemble their stuff at all and will be a waste of time. (I predict a Final Fantasyish Grindathon) or it will but will be so terrible it'll tarnish our memories of their games.

They already made an MMOG. Do a google search for Shin Megami Tensei Imagine.

Since when was Irvine expensive to live in?  That's gotta be because of the UC, not because its a nice place, fuck Irvine its a damn armpit.

Compared to where the rest of the major development houses are?

Comeon now. Seriously. Irvine is like Manhattan compared to Austin.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 08:49:49 AM

They already made an MMOG. Do a google search for Shin Megami Tensei Imagine.

So what is the general consensus of the game? I looked at a few google results but they were mostly from 2004. Are you thinking they might just be looking to localize this game? I still hold very few hopes for taking their series and making a successful MMO out of it.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 08:53:34 AM

If Square can totally butcher Final Fantasy and not (completely) ruin the franchise, I wish Atlus their best.

That said, I don't think Atlus has any clue what they're getting into.

The concensus is, it was too early for an SMT game. Supposedly it did some interesting things, but I can't be arsed to look it up.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 03:03:23 PM

It's so cute with schild gets his hopes up.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 04:55:59 PM

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 12:51:02 PM

Who?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Atlus is making (or localizing) a MMOG.  
Jump to: