Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Stratics Chat - April 18th, 2008 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stratics Chat - April 18th, 2008  (Read 17589 times)
Bandit
Terracotta Army

on: April 21, 2008, 08:57:48 AM

Just posted as an FYI, most of it is garbage.  I am not sure how many times people can ask for beastmasters, or if you can fly in EQ2 - waste of questions.

Looks like a couple of group zones/instances on the way - including Kurn's tower and some unnamed "popular" dungeon from EQ1. Didn't play EQ1 so I can't even speculate, but they have been releasing a lot of lore around Guk.

Weaponsmiths & Woodworkers getting their shit revised, about time. (crafting is blossoming under Domino - really)

All the cures combined into one button for healers, excellent idea.

April 18, 2008
Destinova - Welcome to the Stratics house of commons with the developers of EverQuest II!
Destinova - Please send your questions to [QT]Dest by using "/msg [QT]Dest your question here". Questions sent to the developers will NOT be answered. You only need to send your question one time. Sending it multiple times will not increase the likelihood of it being answered.
Destinova - Tonight's chat log will be available shortly after the chat on http://eq2.stratics.com/. Feel free to join in the discussion in #everquest2.
Destinova - We'll begin with a brief introduction from our guests, listen to a brief annoucement from Kristie and then proceed with the chat. Now would be a good time to send those questions to [QT]Dest!
Kirstie - Hi All I'm Kirste otherwise known as Jennifer Gerull, Associate Producer on EQII
Lyndro - Hi all, I'm Akil "Lyndro" Hooper. I'm the lead designer for EverQuest II
Gnobrin - I'm Gnobrin, Community Relations Representative for EverQuest II! /bows
Jindrack - I am Jeremy "Jindrack" Gess, and I'm a Design supervisor on EQ2.
autenil - Hi guys, i'm Joshua "Autenil" Kriegshauser, Tech Director
Domino - Hi folks! I'm Emily "Domino" Taylor, game designer focused on the tradeskills area
Archonix - Howdy! I'm Chris "Archonix" Junior, Mechanics Supervisor for EverQuest II
doomcookie - Hi all, I am Lindsay Morgan "doomcookie" Lockhart, quest monkey and lore slave for EQ2.
Saavedra-EQ2 - I'm Steve "Saavedra" Kramer, game designer/zone guy
Aeralik - Hello everyone, I'm Chris "Aeralik" Kozak and I'm that spells and combat guy
Ilucide - Heya, I'm Ilucide - Noel Walling, Design supervisor on EQII
Kirstie - I wanted to let everyone know we're doing a bonus xp weekend on all US, EU, and Japanese servers starting now until Monday morning at 10am PDT

Destinova - *xphenix* Is there a new adventure pack planned ?
Kirstie - We don't have any adventure packs in the pipe right now but we are working on some great new content that will be added for free in the Game Updates this year. We just added a new raid zone called Shard of Hate in Game Update 44 last week.

Destinova - *xphenix* Of the incoming coercer revamp what are the plans for Puppetmaster (lvl80 RoK new spell) ?
Aeralik - Puppetmaster isnt changing much with the coercer changes. I did add another puppet though and gave them some skill bonuses so that they can hit higher level raid mobs a little easier.

Destinova - *Tappit* Key rings: any possibility of some game mechanic like this so players can tell what accesses/etc they have on their curretn character? Maybe a tab on the alt-z window for such?
Lyndro - We don’t have any plans on adding a key ring. We don’t have very many keyed dungeons in the game right now, and we will probably keep the number as low as possible. If keeping track of which instances you have access to becomes cumbersome, we can look into adding something to simply it.

Destinova - *Tbiggs* Going forward in eq2, What are the chances of seeing dungeon seeds becomeing a loot option (Or even a Niche market) The ability to jump into a random dungeon based on a looted item, similar to the ones already in place in the main land but set for all levels. You already have most of the loot system in place with rok..
Jindrack - That is a good idea Tbiggs, but it isn't something that has been on our radar currently. We can definitely add it to a list of possibilities for the future. Instances that scale always have great potential.

Destinova - *xphenix* Anything happening to the Illusionist class else than the enchanter tree change on Volatile Magic ?
Aeralik - Illusionists will see their power drain spells change just like the coercers are. Instead of a power drain they will instead do some direct damage which should compensate slightly for the damage reduction to Volatile Magic

Destinova - *Gwynara* I would like to know when people can start applying to closed beta for the new expansion?
Kirstie - We don't have a specific date set yet but you will see the beta signups this summer. Keep checking the forums and eq2players.com. People who attend Fan Faire this year will definitely get to see a few things early to give you a hint on our timeline.

Destinova - *Tappit* Tinker toy swarm pets: Can they be changed so scaleable and useable thru out the tier and power with the caster's level?
Domino - That's something that we could take a look at, although there's a lot of other stuff I'm working on at the moment so probably not immediately! *eyes the weaponsmiths*

Destinova - *Istar* Is there any plans to reevalute the Crusder (SK/Pally) Itemizations stats and Spells/CAs to bring them more in balance with the Rest of the fighters. AKA right now are mesh in going to between 4-5 stats meanwhile other fighters are focusing on 3.. While the gear out there realy tuned for 3 stats as well.
Archonix - We're currently evaluating the benefits certain classes gain from differing attributes. No specifics yet, but it's on the radar. We're also looking at combining the effects of +CA Damage and +Spell damage down the road for Paladins and Shadowknights.

Destinova - *Tappit* Tinker cloud mount: since it takes multiple rares to creat, and rares to refuel, can this be changed so using a sokobar or griffon does not cancel it?
Domino - The cancellation is currently just due to the way our mounts work with sokokars/griffons. We can definitely take a look at it but I can't promise anything firm at this point

Destinova - *Nelfia* Will we ever see Lucan and Antonia roam the streets....or see any sign of life from their castles ?
Jindrack - Having Lucan and Antonia appear out in the public is something we definitely want to do. Early on we felt a bit restrained because they were VO'd by some very popular voices that we didn't have access to after the initial recording, but I think we can look past that now at this point and make full use of the characters. We are definitely looking into using them more in the storylines.

Destinova - *Gwynara* I am very pleased with the new updates Emily has brought to Eq2. Will there be more tradeskilling items with the new expansion?
Domino - Nah ...
Domino - I mean ... of course! Silly question :)

Destinova - *AntoniaBayle-Sadres* Are there any plans to add a Level 80 upgrade to God abilities and cloaks?
Ilucide - Deity abilities aren't designed for specific levels. As such, there will not be new abilities added for old dieties, but as deities are gradually re-introduced, you will continue to see new and unique spells added that make sense for those deities' realms of influence.
Archonix - In regards to diety cloaks: We are working on some unique cloaks that will serve as upgrades from the diety cloaks that will be dropping from each of the Avatars.

Destinova - *Zera|Waiting* What is the current plan for future character development? Will we see a continuous increase in levelcaps or can we expect to see more AA trees coming in future expansions?
Lyndro - The answer is yes. We always look at new ways for character growth and development. Achievements and character levels are the two big ones we have right now, so you can expect to see more of those.

Destinova - *Tappit* Danger Room for upcoming guild halls? Where we can spar and try vs sparring dummies, etc?
Jindrack - I love the idea for a Danger Room in the guild halls. We are currently R&Ding (is that a word?!) the features we will be including in guild halls and I am going to add this to the list. No promises, though, but we'll definitely take a look at something like this. (+cool points for X-Men reference) :)

Destinova - *Zera|Waiting* Is there any chance of seeing a new class/new classes being introduced to EQ2 (ex: Beastmasters) or are new playable things going to remain limited to races/starting cities?
Lyndro - This is my favorite question. I should put the answer as my signature on the forums. We have 24 classes in EQ II, I think it is plenty. We’ll add a new class to the game when all the other classes are balanced and happy, and have unique and fun roles, and when we can come up with a new class that is balanced and has a unique role that doesn’t infringe on the roles of the other 24 classes.

Destinova - *xphenix* Is there new quests to be added to RoK soon ? we still need 5000 faction to finish Stormshield clan faction with those hunter quests in Jarsath Wastes
Lyndro - We don’t have any immediate plans to add more quests to Jarsath Wastes in particular. However if there is a faction that you need to max out and you can’t currently, then that is something that needs to be fixed. However if it is just a matter of being able to "complete" the faction it would have a lower urgency.

Destinova - *AntoniaBayle-Sadres* Any hope of seeing the stack sizes increase on poisons, potions, and temporary adornments? My ranger's bags nearly require a search bar to find anything in!
Archonix - No plans at the moment, but definitely something worth looking into! (Inventory management is a pet-peeve of mine, so I know the feeling when it comes to stackables)

Destinova - *Arshe* Is Kurn's Tower on the radar to be opened as a zone? And if so, what kind? Instance group/solo?
Ilucide - We've been working on and off with some ideas for Kurn's Tower. If all goes as planned (*chuckle* and when is -that- ever the case?), we'd love to show you around what's been happening with the tower. =) Currently, it would likely be a group instance.

Destinova - *Edgaar* i am wondering if there is plans for a large inddor undergroupnd zone reminisent of guk from the original eq1.
Lyndro - Hmm, I’ll answer that with a strong maybe. Guk is one of my favorite zones from the original EverQuest, as was Sebilis. I guess I have a special place in my heart for frogloks. * Kirstie ribbits
Jindrack - or slime
Archonix - ./backflip

Destinova - *Kurrash* Given the recent changes to help out dissatisfied classes like rangers and coercers, is there anything in the works for Berzerkers?
Lyndro - Class evaluations take time, and we are going to continue to look at classes. This is a live game, so you can always expect changes. We aren’t ready to talk about what the next class is going to be and when, but expect more in the future.

Destinova - *AntoniaBayle-Sadres* There's been a lot of buzz in the lore about Shissar, lately. If they're crafty enough to live in an airless void, is the current Luclin necessarily a death sentence for them?
Jindrack - Luclin is not a death sentence at all for them. The Shissar are a very powerful and crafty race, in fact they were one of the very first on Norrath. They've survived a genocide plague, maruading adventurers, and living in a vacuum, however their current status is still an unknown to the inhabitants of Norrath.
Jindrack - I wouldn't count them out just yet. ;)

Destinova - *Aysha_Butcherblock* Is there any plans to significantly raise the house item limit to allow all the quest rewards and furniture to be placed in the house? Current machinery can handle these enormous loads, but it would make for bad server traffic jams, in which case could it be possible to create a collection or mini quest to rebind multiple books or "shelf" multiple L&L rewards to reduce the number of loose items to load?
Lyndro - This comes up around the office pretty often. We’d like to do something with the current house limits, but haven’t decided exactly which approach we’d like to take yet. I think it is pretty safe to say that you can expect to see some sort of availability of higher item limits on houses eventually (Either through items that expand the house, bigger houses, increased item limits on current houses, or some combination of the 3).

Destinova - *salle* Is scouts sneak working as intended, especially during raids where sneak is broken alot of the time due to damage shields, AEs, etc?
Aeralik - This is something I definitely want to look into at some point. Lots of raids use damage shields and other tactics which break stealth. Scouts especially assassins rely on their stealth for damage. So its something I will definitely be looking into but I don't have any specifics on what we will do yet.

Destinova - *Nelfia* Would love to see some more voice emotes..is that planned ?
Lyndro - We don't have any specific plans, but that isn't a bad idea. I'd have to take a look to see if it is actually possible though. Adding a new emote to an existing voice set is different from adding a whole new line of voices.

Destinova - *Nelfia* I would love to be able to see who has entered my Innroom...woudl that be possible...or maybe a guestbook that ppl could write somthign small in ?
autenil - This also comes up on the team from time to time. We'd love to do it, but don't have any plans at the moment. I'll make sure it goes into our Bucket o'Awesome though :)

Destinova - *Tappit* Will we ever be able to independently fly in everquest?
Lyndro - I can already fly in EverQuest II. You’ll have to ask the EQ team to see if they have any plans to add flight. : )
Lyndro - Right now the world just isn’t built in such a way that flight is possible. That isn’t to say that it will never be possible, however right now it is very improbable.

Destinova - *Istar* Is there any hints around about what the next expansion will take place ? ;)
doomcookie - As this is going to be a very story driven expansion, we are going to be building up to it with lore released both on our website and affiliates. You may have caught some of these stories already -- "Escape from Guk" and the "Flight of the Mudskipper" -- and if you haven't, you can find them archived in the EQ2
doomcookie - players lore and on the Lore forums. Watch EQ2 players in the coming months for more of these stories and then join in the speculation as to what they mean about our next expansion. * Domino speculates halflings take over Norrath!
Jindrack - The Erollisi day poem is also connected. :)
doomcookie - Eeep, yes, that one too. :) * doomcookie is a doof sometimes.
Gnobrin - There's been so many good lore features lately, it's hard to keep track of them all. :D

Destinova - *Rowan* What's coming up in the next few updates?
Saavedra-EQ2 - I've been working on a return to one of EQII's more popular dungeons set for level 80 groups. Coming soon!
Archonix - We'll be making some tweaks to epic weapons (Both Fabled and Mythical)...as well as new cloaks dropping from your friendly neighborhood Avatar's!
Domino - Weaponsmiths and woodworkers have been hard at work improving the quality of crafted weapons of all levels, and can expect a major revamp of their recipe books with shiny new types of imbue effects too! Check the tradeskill forum for more details if you haven't been following the news, and watch that Test server for updates. :)
Aeralik - From the class side of things, we will be seeing the 4 primary cures ( noxious, trauma, arcane and elemental ) combined into one spell. Also the coercer will see some improvements to their class with gu45.
autenil - Built in voice chat, coming soon!
Saavedra-EQ2 - Devalanche!
Domino - crafted whips ftw ;)

Destinova - That about wraps up tonight's chat folks. On behalf of Stratics I'd like to thank the developers for coming down and answering questions tonight. Chat logs will be available shortly after the chat on http://eq2.stratics.com/. Feel free to join in the discussion in #everquest2.
Saavedra-EQ2 - Keep an eye out for the new EQ2 blog! http://www.station.sony.com/en/blogs/
Saavedra-EQ2 -
Lyndro - Thanks for coming everyone! Be sure to check out the EQ2Blog to see what is going on in EQ II Dev land http://eq2dev.wordpress.com/
autenil - thanks everyone :)
doomcookie - Thanks for coming!
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 12:36:29 PM

I don't know why they are even trying built in voice chat. There is no way it will be as good as Vent and half the PUGs I join have someone with Vent access and 100% of the people have microphones.

I have never played WoW.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:58:04 PM

I am indifferent on the voice chat  It actually works pretty well in LOTRO.  I prefer vent, but it makes it much easier to simply join a group (PUG) and all be instantly in voice chat than consistently fucking with vent.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 04:52:17 PM

I was in one group in LOTRO beta that used the voice. That's it. Nobody else ever used it in WOW or LOTRO. From my point of view, it's just a huge waste of resources to bother. I've been invited into people's TS or Vent channels in LOTRO more often than we've used the built in.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 07:27:35 PM

I agree that it is a waste of resources, but I am sure it will be implemented through all SOE MMO products. Most likely it was not even the EQ2 team working on it.  Just speculation on my part. However, if it does actually contribute to any more lag than the bitching will commence.

I have to say that my experience in LOTRO was much different, many of the groups I was in used the voice chat successfully.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:36:55 AM

Just wondering, when that happened, what level were you at? Were you the one pushing it? Did you have problems with people who hadn't set it up? I have to say, I'm the last of the text holdouts, but after raiding most of the time with vent, I'm a convert. When I went back to LOTRO and got into my first instance gorup, I thought about suggesting it, but I looked at the party and I was the only one who had it turned on and figured it wasn't worth the trouble. Maybe I should start to say something.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 06:38:55 AM

I got a Guard to around 40, and a Captain to about 45....but can remember using it starting in about the Lone Lands.  I would say about about 60% of the time groups were using it, I never insisted on it.  Most of the times the group leader would pipe up and ask people to at least turn it on to hear instructions, whether they spoke or not.

I just ran with it always on, some people were using it, some were not...but more often than not at least one other group member would have it on when joining, and most would join in.  Not as great quality or slick as vent, but easy to manage for PUGs.
Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 04:06:11 PM

I know, necroposting for the win but I've been too busy to keep up on much of the Intarweb. That's actually a good problem to have at times.

RE: Voice. It's the Vivox client, so the 'work' is nothing more than the code team making it work in the game, and then some UI work for pretty. It's not a major task on the SOE side, and the functionality is all on the Vivox side. It also kicks ass on TS or Vent. I got to use Vivox for a press call back in 2005 for an EVE press thingy. They had us use Vivox for the client, and it was very good. I'm a fan of it and was happy that they managed to sign with SOE. It is already a quality tool.

Some of the f13 guys may have had hands on with it at the last AGDC?

Grimwell
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 04:37:38 PM

I think NCsoft is going with vivox as well. There was something about it on the COH Podcast.

I'm still dubious. Even in games that have integrated chat, I get invited to private Vent/TS servers more often than we use the in-game

Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 07:26:45 PM

You do, because their private chat sucks. DDO usese GameSpy for instance... and it's not something I'm fond of.

Give it a try when it goes live, and then tell me what you think.

Smed said it's going to be free to all Station Account holders in the future (in public so I'm not getting in trouble here) which means the vioice client will be free... something Vent and TS can't offer. Anyone can make a Station Account, even if you don't have a sub...

Grimwell
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 07:03:03 AM

What ever happened to the new character models that were talked about a couple of years ago?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 04:14:01 PM

The SOGA models? They were added a Long Time Ago.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 06:17:39 PM

They had some babbling about redoing models so they could use a different way of layering armor. I think that's a lost idea though.

I get the impression that they've put eq2 on maintenance again. Runnyeye was nice, but really not a huge accomplishment, COX redid Hollows just because their zone designer didn't have that much to do that month and she did it in her spare time.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 07:43:52 PM

Yea - I recall they were going to redo the models too.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 05:47:32 PM

Yes, they are doing a full skeletal revamp.  Apparently it will make designing new armour that much easier.  I don't really have any details on it, but they have mentioned it a few times.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 03:27:04 PM

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Stratics Chat - April 18th, 2008  
Jump to: