Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: BC Cancelled 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BC Cancelled  (Read 2012 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

on: October 22, 2004, 12:30:30 PM

http://www.lhtimes.com/bcsusp.htm

At least now I don't have to consider buying this cool sounding and looking game with the fear that Pete Molyneux worked his magic and sucked all the fun and cool out of it somehow. I wonder how much of this was from backlash about Fable and the limitations imposed by the xbox hardware (since BC was a pc/xbox title).

Kinda sad, kinda happy.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 12:32:33 PM

Yea, /. was telling me it was highly anticipated. I don't know jack or shit about it and don't really care that it was canceled. I think I heard about it...once. Was ANYONE highly anticipating it? What was it about? Games get canceled every day, and probably every 12 hours - why was this news?
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 01:30:33 PM

I seem to remember that it was somethng like a cross between Populous and Black & White, with cavemen, except that instead of playing god, you get to play a Caveman Tribe Chief who has to guide his extended family of inbread morons to some kind of victory.....or something like that.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 01:52:06 PM

Forget I said anything, sheesh.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 03:18:23 PM

The demo I got on my XBox mag demo cd looked pretty cool. I was interested just because it promised lots of dinosaur eating cavement goodness.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 03:18:59 PM

Yeah, when we saw previews of it at GDC, I thought, "Whoa, you're finishing up Fable, you're still working on The Movies, and you've started work on Black & White 2 -- where are you going to find time to do all this?"  Plus they've got another unannounced project they're working on too.  However, Lionhead did just get a bunch of funding, so if Peter doesn't have to be involved intimately in every release, then maybe they could have pulled it off.  Oh well.

There hasn't been a good "sticks and stones' game in a long time.  I've got some designs for sticks and stones MMOGs.

Bruce
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: BC Cancelled  
Jump to: