Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: mtgo v3, live soon, no we really mean it this time, no really.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mtgo v3, live soon, no we really mean it this time, no really....  (Read 5539 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: March 28, 2008, 12:28:45 PM

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1008850

Quote from: Worth Wollpert
We've all been waiting a long time for the day Magic Online III becomes reality, and it's almost here. In a few short days we will be turning off our current MOL system, v2.5 and going "dark" for a week or so while we migrate all of your user data, card collections, and such over to our new database in preparation for the launch of the system. We have a countdown schedule that we're using internally, and when that schedule gets to a specific number of days remaining, there are some events that are going to affect you all, so I wanted to illustrate what you can all expect in the coming weeks.

Note that no speicifc time is given, but they do promise that they have a date in mind, they just don't want to announce it, because, erm, well...

Instead, judging from comments on the boards, they plan to 'announce' v3 by not spawning leagues.

Leagues, multiplayer etc are still excluded from v3 btw. Also, v3 is still brown.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 01:31:57 PM

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:35:33 PM

I predict that when people do migrate to V3 it will be incredibly unstable to the point of unusable.

Not exactly a bold prediction really.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:51:10 PM

I think you just put Pachter out of a job.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 05:58:59 AM

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 02:15:47 AM

Leagues have stopped firing on v2.

The last league ends on Wednesday.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: mtgo v3, live soon, no we really mean it this time, no really....  
Jump to: