Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: 24 hour contest - Win Moneyz! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24 hour contest - Win Moneyz!  (Read 4003 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:44 PM

I'm playing a game. It is called Convince Me.

What you have to do is write me an evemail (character name: Yaeru) telling me why I should give you free money.

First place is 30 million isk.
Second place is 20 million isk.
Third place is 10 million isk.

You have 24 hours or until I get back to my computer tomorrow night, whichever is longer.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 04:07:50 AM

Heh. good idea.

C'mon noobs: that's pretty much the cost of a battlecruiser for first place.  Or 3 fitted cruisers for 2nd.  Or a pimped-out cruiser with platinum insurance for third.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 05:18:35 AM

So, for 5 million ISK, tell us something about yourself to help us figure out what might "convince you".  We need a starting point, and the payouts aren't quite enough to justify spending hours upon hours sifting through your posts to figure out what kind of person you are.
Yoru

Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 09:01:13 AM

So, for 5 million ISK, tell us something about yourself to help us figure out what might "convince you".  We need a starting point, and the payouts aren't quite enough to justify spending hours upon hours sifting through your posts to figure out what kind of person you are.

You're taking this waaaaaaaay too seriously.

Okay, here's something: I was drunk when I posted. Still giving away the money though. DRILLING AND MANLINESS
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:10:07 AM

I'm not taking it seriously, heh.

And that's not worth 5 mil, come on.  What did you drink?  Details matter.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 09:20:44 AM

He's right, details are very important, maybe you're the one not taking this seriously.

Now, show us where on the doll he touched you.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 09:24:18 AM

Well, for reference, Yori dropped mucho ISK into my account, and handed me his PvP Myrm simply due to my post, so you might want to take that as a reference ;)

Rumors of War
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 09:30:00 AM

What's the time frame on that?  Was it also within the "I was drunk" period?  smiley

EDIT:  Ok I'll shut up and let the people who need the cash post.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 10:01:47 AM

My essay will be written while completely wasted.

How could this possibly go wrong?
Yoru

Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 10:36:51 PM

OKAY contest over.

You all fail.

Kidding!

Winner is Jayce. He sent me a goddamned essay. I will share a choice bit.

Quote from: Jayce
7 - I can't think of a number 7 but it's a nicer number than 6, so here's your bonus reason.

This is an excellent argument that I cannot refute. 30 million credits. Except that Number 6 punches people in the face and number 7 doesn't, but you win anyway.

Second place is Quinton.

Quote from: Zzelle
I might very well buy as many Ibises as possible, haul them down to 0.0 from empire, and self destruct them in a pattern that forms a rude message to schild.

Quote from: f13 channel
Zzelle > and were I to become fabulously wealthy I might suddenly have vast swathes of free time

Third place, Tragny would win as he sent me some photo of a pedolicious doe-eyed chick. Except that the link no longer works. Instead, I'll send 10m to the -BAT- CEO. Deposit that shit, man.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:38:23 PM by Yoru »
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 10:47:23 PM

This is indeed an honor!  I had not expected to win and have no prepared remarks.

I am saddened to discover that Ibises are 2500m^3 (packaged).  I sort of expected them to be smaller.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 05:22:22 AM

I am saddened to discover that Ibises are 2500m^3 (packaged).  I sort of expected them to be smaller.

When I have a carrier I will fly you down scores of shuttles or Ibises with which to work your magic.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 10:14:42 AM

Woo hoo!  Thanks Yoru! Those advanced learning skill books were a lot less onerous with this.

Also, I think that "essay" is a little strong. I merely provided 7 points, the quality of which was aptly demonstrated by the sample.  The rest of you must just be epic slackers.

Witty banter not included.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: 24 hour contest - Win Moneyz!  
Jump to: