Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: SOE Now Effectively Part of SCEI 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SOE Now Effectively Part of SCEI  (Read 40195 times)
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 12:00:28 PM

Oh yah, the sarcastic one.  How many people own a PS3 btw? Do 10 million people even own one?

Between 10-11 millon worldwide.

Gut instinct tells me that the crossover between that 10 million and Warcraft's 10 million isn't much.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 01:09:57 AM

Between 10-11 millon worldwide.

Cool, so if every single PS3 owner buys the PS3 MMO, it might Rival WoW!

Oarsomeness!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #37 on: March 18, 2008, 01:26:51 AM

A cross-platform GTA MMO could put up some decent numbers.  As far as Sony exclusives go, I could see a Gran Turismo MMO doing pretty well also.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 06:30:46 AM

How would you do a GT mmo? It's a racing game, it would be multiplayer with leaderboards or whatever. Completely limited by the nature of the game. Unless avatards can all get out and wander around the pits and work on their bbq skills or something. That would be awesome. For reals.  awesome, for real
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 11:30:27 AM

How would you do a GT mmo?

Motor City Online done right I suppose, and maybe mix it with a Burnout Paradise-style open world as a hub, connecting to various race instances.  One of the few good things I've heard people say about MCO is that it had a good economical system, which is something you don't really get out of just having leaderboards.

The other thing that's different when you do an online only GT, that could be postive or negative depending on personal preferences, is that unless you don't have an offline single player mode where you can just grind against the AI controlled cars for a few weeks until you have all the money/cars you need (and you also can't just reset the game anytime you total your car or something).  I imagine that in a racing MMO, it would be a bit more challenging since you aren't going to be winning first in every race once you get the gameplay down.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 12:49:53 PM

A cross-platform GTA MMO could put up some decent numbers.

I would never leave.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: SOE Now Effectively Part of SCEI  
Jump to: