Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What is the Current State of the Game? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the Current State of the Game?  (Read 50986 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 26, 2008, 08:41:27 AM

Which is why I said "Some people wouldn't feel that way and I wish them the very best of luck."
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #141 on: November 26, 2008, 11:47:25 AM

Besides Fallia, I also have Uluphant and Fatwing, but I'm not an officer so I can't get you in myself.  Also Cheddar is Arzo and he is an officer.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #142 on: November 26, 2008, 03:03:09 PM

I signed up, haven't played since beta.  Strange that if I hadn't tried WAR I probably wouldn't be playing this again.  Turbine always make a nice engine, love the water effects.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #143 on: November 26, 2008, 03:17:39 PM

I will be back soon - been working 14 hour days. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #144 on: November 27, 2008, 05:14:26 AM

Hmm. That was a short sighted decision on Turbine's part. Or was the vast majority of their subscribers past and present really at max level?
Not sure about it; legendary weapons just seem to be placed as carrot for later part of the game. Without spoiling too much, your intial lack of legendary weapon is used as part of the plot, so it wouldn't make much sense if you had one from the beginning.

Keep on mind they also introduce two new classes in the expansion, and these new characters also have to go through usual 1-50 levelling experience without getting their legendary weapon from the start. So it just makes that gear something to look forward to.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: December 01, 2008, 07:30:36 AM

Just wanted to jump back in the thread to ask a question and give a brief report.

Do we (Riders) have any sort of guild site outside of this forum here or anything that I should know about?

So far I am absolutely loving this game and I wish I had stumbled on in a long time ago.  I always have been a bit of a LOTR nerd but for whatever reason I haven't been much into MMOing the past couple of years.  Anyways, they have really nailed the atmosphere and lore; it's just fun to walk around and see what the townspeople have to say sometimes.  Getting groups to get certain quests done has been easy and overall the whole community seems to be at a higher maturity level than most (which isn't necessarily saying much but still).

Thanks to the Kinship as well; I've gotten a full set of heavy armor for my Guardian who just hit 15.  I'm doing the Explorer trade and concentrating on gathering and refining ore, wood and leather.  Anything you need (first two tiers so far) let me know.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #146 on: December 01, 2008, 08:03:29 AM

Just wanted to jump back in the thread to ask a question and give a brief report.

Do we (Riders) have any sort of guild site outside of this forum here or anything that I should know about?

So far I am absolutely loving this game and I wish I had stumbled on in a long time ago.  I always have been a bit of a LOTR nerd but for whatever reason I haven't been much into MMOing the past couple of years.  Anyways, they have really nailed the atmosphere and lore; it's just fun to walk around and see what the townspeople have to say sometimes.  Getting groups to get certain quests done has been easy and overall the whole community seems to be at a higher maturity level than most (which isn't necessarily saying much but still).

Thanks to the Kinship as well; I've gotten a full set of heavy armor for my Guardian who just hit 15.  I'm doing the Explorer trade and concentrating on gathering and refining ore, wood and leather.  Anything you need (first two tiers so far) let me know.

No.  We pretty much use this forum as our defacto kin forum; since almost all the Rider members are f13 related anyhow it works well enough for us.  Plus its really a loosely formed guild.  If you ever need help with anything let Marween or myself know.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #147 on: December 01, 2008, 08:09:26 AM

Anything you need (first two tiers so far) let me know.

If you want to mail Fallia about four bronze ingots, it would save me about thirty minutes. awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: December 02, 2008, 06:36:22 AM

Are the new epic weapons available to characters lower than level 50? I'm still looking for reasons (aside from rolling up one of the new classes) to resubscribe with my mid 30s burglar.
Theoretically you might be able to pick up and do Volume 2 Book 1 of the epic storyline at lvl.45, and you get the 'starter' epic weapon at about middle point of it. That's still quite a few levels away from 30-something, though.

Regular legendary wepons drop with requirement of lvl.51+ and you can't use them anyway until you have that Book 1 thing completed.

Just thought I'd chime in with "correct". You can do Book 1 at 45 and solo it if you know your class well. I was able to do it and the expedition quests (to do the Fall of Moria session play) with only a little help from a random burglar in the half-orc caves.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What is the Current State of the Game?  
Jump to: