Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Good Freeport Map with Key 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Freeport Map with Key  (Read 7797 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: October 18, 2004, 10:43:10 AM

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 11:08:21 AM

Spoiler maps like this are essential (unfortunately).

Much like Morrowind, I have to keep a written journal of all my quests. I have to write down who I got the quest from, where they are located on the city map, and where they want me to go. Otherwise, I waste many frustrating minutes trying to organize the multitude of quests available.

Quest journal flaws:

A) You may have 4 or 5 quests that send you to one place, like The Sprawl, but because your quests are sorted by quest source rather than quest location, the only way to remember which quests relate to the area you are in is to click and read every single one. Or, write them all down manually.

B) Once you complete a quest, the journal tells you what general area to return to, but gives no indication where that NPC is. Thus, I have to write down the location of every NPC I take a quest from (N. of fountain, SW of armorer, etc.) Yes, this is a pain in the ass, but taking the few moments to do this will save me many angry, expletive-filled mintues later on when I'm trying to find that stupid rat that told me to kill five oozes, and I can't remember which hovel he lives in.

C) You can't delete quests. You can hide them, but like herpes, you can never get rid of them. There are some quests that I know I'm never going to complete. For example, there may be some stupidly slow spawn rate on a quest mob that I know is going to take me 1-2 hours to complete and my reward will probably be around 11 copper, so for efficiency's sake I want to dump the quest, but all I can do is hide it forever. Bleh.

Fortunately, all of these problems can be fixed, and hopefully, they will be.

Um, never mind.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 11:19:53 AM

I'm hoping that the inability to delete quests you have no intention of completing is just an oversight.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 01:18:50 PM

The Freeport maps are directly from ingame, though of course, the overlayed numbers are created.

The EQ2 Maps at Clan White Storm (which has always had the most EQ2-related info as far as I can tell), are good for spoilers. It'll save me a lot of work :) I mapped the Down Below last week (same system everyone else uses: hug walls spamming /loc), and finally found a style approximating what I want. I plan to do the rest of the Qeynos adventure maps if I maintain interest in the game.

Down Below Map
Down Below Map- Hi Res
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 01:23:36 PM

That journal is retarded. What is the point if one cannot sort it? I though EQ2 had some kind of ropey-glowy thing that directed you to your quest contacts?

I have never played WoW.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 01:29:54 PM

Quote from: shiznitz
I though EQ2 had some kind of ropey-glowy thing that directed you to your quest contacts?

No, just to things like zones, trade instances and what-not. At least right now. There was a tab in the Waypoint window for People locations. However, the last time I clicked it was weeks ago. I'll click it tonight.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 10:26:38 PM

Quote from: Darniaq
I mapped the Down Below last week (same system everyone else uses: hug walls spamming /loc), and finally found a style approximating what I want.

Awesome! I gave up last night trying to find that book cause I was getting so lost down there. Now I can go back and try it again. One request: could you add some location values along the edges? You should also put your name on it.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 10:58:53 AM

Thanks Trippy. I plan to overlay an EQAtlas like grid over it. I just revised the Parser because I was getting some whacko results previously when trying to make that grid.

I also plan to add my name once it's ready for "prime time". I've got four more maps in queue, which should be done by the weekend. When I post them all, they'll include everything I want them to (as in, something less than a full cheat, but a bit more than what's there).

Finally, on your book quest, I assume you're talking about Valean's book? If so, believe it or not you actually have to run over the selectable books on either Merchant. Simply examining the selectable books won't finish the quest. A bug that's been /bug'ed :)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 11:38:36 AM

Quote from: Signe
I'm hoping that the inability to delete quests you have no intention of completing is just an oversight.

I'm sure it's an oversight like not being able to put waypoints on a quest-giving NPC is an oversight.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 02:17:21 PM

Well, the maps with a key makes the waypoints less necessary, but it shouldn't have to be that way.  There are way too many NPC driven quests, in too many different towns and locations, to remember them all.  At least for me.  Like most people with a normal brain (my plethora of neurosis aside) I simply can't stuff them all in there.  I don't WANT to use maps other than a game's own automap, but to play EQ2, I would be forced to... and you know how it is with stroppy women being forced to do anything... it's an ugly scenario.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 07:07:40 PM

Quote from: Haemish
I'm sure it's an oversight like not being able to put waypoints on a quest-giving NPC is an oversight.

The devs have said previously they don't want people deleting quests, because many quests lead to other quests later in the game.

That's a nice excuse, but I highly doubt every quest leads somewhere else later. Maybe they're leaving themselves open to make more quests lead more places down the road.

It's annoying all the same. But it's nice having a Quest Journal at all and it be filled all the time with mini-objectives. That just means I'll complain, just not as loudly :)
Bawang

Email
Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 11:23:35 AM

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 11:28:12 AM

Hello? Sig?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 11:33:27 AM

It's more than the sig. Now he's pimping his damned website. I'd send a private message, but he's already publically insulted us.

Edit: Oh hey, it's fixed.
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 11:38:29 AM

Sig removed by admin because the original was classic douchery.

LMAO!!!!!

Having seen it in the other thread, I couldn't agree more. Good show.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 01:27:45 PM

This whole thread is beginning to make me cry. :(

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 05:49:36 PM

I'm just pissed I missed it :)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 06:20:51 PM

No, Darniaq... it's just that when I see statements like this:

Sig removed by admin because the original was classic douchery

it makes me uncomfortable.  Sig happens to be my nickname.  :(

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 20, 2004, 07:34:58 PM

Oh, shit, yea didn't even make the connection.

And back on topic a sec, yesterday's patch has seriously hobbled my ability to map Peat Bog :) It's about 60% complete. Found a nice area I had never been in before, complete with some crazy ghost wolf and named Faeries that kicked my 13 Bard's ass all over the zone til he made Vermin Snye. The zone is very easy to get turned around in, because most of it is circular cells of pocket content, only one way in and one way out.

Nothing like watching my mapping software draw over the same wall four times because I got lag-spun around while running and end up retracing my steps ;)

And in case anyone is wondering, yea, I'm done playing the "game" part of EQ2. I don't want to advance any further on any characters to prevent boredom with the re-grind later. So it's mapping and /bug'ing whatever I come across... as long as the server stays up.
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 20, 2004, 11:26:22 PM

And in case anyone is wondering, yea, I'm done playing the "game" part of EQ2. I don't want to advance any further on any characters to prevent boredom with the re-grind later.

My friends ask me why I'm not playing WoW anymore, and I give them the same answer.

I have to step back for a second and analyze what this is really saying. "I don't want to have to go through the pain of actually grinding on this game now, I want to wait until I'm being charged a monthly fee to endure said pain."

Hmmm ... I wonder what Gamestop's policy is on cancelling preorders ...

Um, never mind.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #20 on: October 20, 2004, 11:58:09 PM

Quote from: Ardent
And in case anyone is wondering, yea, I'm done playing the "game" part of EQ2. I don't want to advance any further on any characters to prevent boredom with the re-grind later.

My friends ask me why I'm not playing WoW anymore, and I give them the same answer.

I have to step back for a second and analyze what this is really saying. "I don't want to have to go through the pain of actually grinding on this game now, I want to wait until I'm being charged a monthly fee to endure said pain."

Hmmm ... I wonder what Gamestop's policy is on cancelling preorders ...

Heh, playing even the best games a second time through is less fun (except for KOTOR).  I pretty much don't play WoW much, except for a little bit here and there.  I just don't want to get burned out.  I know my friends are more than halfway there, but these are people that have 8+ level 50 DAoC charaters between them, so I think they're immune.  

I just got to pace myself.  I know the game. I know I somewhat like it.  Why beat it to death before final? Hell, at least all of the 20+ content will be new to me (can pretty much get the gist of a WoW class after the first 10 levels).

-Rasix
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Good Freeport Map with Key  
Jump to: