Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: GP Shizuoka and Decklists 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GP Shizuoka and Decklists  (Read 7020 times)
hanzou
Terracotta Army

on: March 04, 2008, 11:55:48 AM

So I am going to this thing, and I haven't decided what deck to play.  Speaking of which, anyone else going? While I highly doubt anyway is, thought I'd ask.  Anyway, what are the standard decks beating up on Magic Online these days?  I never really play online so, I only have a vague understanding from a few articles I have read.  Grow a goyf looks pretty good, but I am hesitant to judge any lists as worthy without morningtide.  If any of you guys are avid online pros, please fill me in on your thoughts on a deck for the GP, or the meta in general.  Oh, I am Diego2k online if you want to message me there^^  Also on a side note, I am currently living in Japan, so if any of you want the skinny on the decks going around on this side of the pond, let me know.   Well, thanks and stuff.

hi
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 01:50:54 PM

So I am going to this thing, and I haven't decided what deck to play.  Speaking of which, anyone else going? While I highly doubt anyway is, thought I'd ask.  Anyway, what are the standard decks beating up on Magic Online these days?  I never really play online so, I only have a vague understanding from a few articles I have read.  Grow a goyf looks pretty good, but I am hesitant to judge any lists as worthy without morningtide.  If any of you guys are avid online pros, please fill me in on your thoughts on a deck for the GP, or the meta in general.  Oh, I am Diego2k online if you want to message me there^^  Also on a side note, I am currently living in Japan, so if any of you want the skinny on the decks going around on this side of the pond, let me know.   Well, thanks and stuff.

Hmm.  This an Extended or a Standard GP? 

Standard: 
- Doran decks
- G/B Rock decks (similiar to Doran decks)
- G warrior decks
- Mannequin
- And I've been playing around with a U/W Reveillark deck

Most of the folks I know who play are coming up with decklists for the Extended PTQs, mostly goblins, dredge, tutor/rock decks, and the occasional bubble hulk.
hanzou
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 02:05:20 PM

Standard, sir.  Japan is weird and really loves standard for some reason. 

hi
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:04:29 AM

www.deckcheck.net is a pretty solid resource.

U/W Reveillark, R/G Big Mana, Faeries and some style of B/G aggro/Doran/warrior are usually the winning decks where I play.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
hanzou
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 07:14:43 PM

Alright, thanks a lot you guys.  Looks like I am playing U/G faeries, with a splash for bitterblossom main and deathmark post board.  Look for me at the top!  Not really, but anyways I will post my thoughts when I return monday or tuesday or some other weekday next week.  Thanks again you guys.

hi
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 06:19:05 AM

Alright, thanks a lot you guys.  Looks like I am playing U/G faeries, with a splash for bitterblossom main and deathmark post board.  Look for me at the top!  Not really, but anyways I will post my thoughts when I return monday or tuesday or some other weekday next week.  Thanks again you guys.

U/G Faeries is a solid deck, but it can also be a pretty skill intensive deck so try to make sure you get some practice with it.  It has a good matchup against B/U faeries and the Reveilark deck.  The big thing to watch out for is x/G big mana decks, cloudthresher owns you.

I'm taking U/W Revielark to FNM tonight, I really enjoy that deck even without using the infinite combo to win.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 09:35:16 AM

U/G Faeries is a solid deck, but it can also be a pretty skill intensive deck so try to make sure you get some practice with it.  It has a good matchup against B/U faeries and the Reveilark deck.  The big thing to watch out for is x/G big mana decks, cloudthresher owns you.

I'm taking U/W Revielark to FNM tonight, I really enjoy that deck even without using the infinite combo to win.

I won a tournament a couple weeks ago with U/W Revielark.  Only used the combo twice,  mostly won through recursion of flying beat sticks.

Playing against a G/R Big Mana/Mana ramp deck:  I Wrathed the board,  killing the guy's Bogardan Hellkite.  Next turn,  played a Body Double copying Hellkite to do 5 damage to the dome.  Then showed the guy two copies of Momentary Blink and asked him to concede. 

Honestly hanzou,  I'm a little out of the loop with Standard decks.  I only get to play in "serious" situations once every month or two,  so don't track Standard that closely.  The Morningtide delay on MODO means I haven't even screwed around with the decks online too much.

Japan is a crazy, crazy environment for Magic too.  The Japanese deserve alot of credit for their bizarre and interesting deck building.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: GP Shizuoka and Decklists  
Jump to: