Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: PVP Server 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PVP Server  (Read 4188 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: February 29, 2008, 09:35:41 AM

Does anyone here play on the ether of the PVP servers? After playing for a week, I am already getting the itch to kill some of the other faction and I rolled up a guy on the PVP server to see how brutal it really is. From everything I read its a total gankfest, but that could just be coming from people who arnt used to a PVP server. I only got to level 9, and pvp starts at level 10.

Anyone tried it? Like it? Hate it?

Any advise?
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:47 AM

I played for 3 months on Nafagen, but found I didn't really enjoy it...prefer to chew up content, rather than straight up ganking.  In addition, it was quite buggy when I played (speed hacks, bell chasing, etc), it looks like they have ironed out many of the issues.

Only advice I would offer - play a scout.  I found that tracking/stealth/evac where skills essentially suited to PvP. I played a defiler up to about 30, and while I would over power most classes, they could simply evac away or run away (no snares or root). Things may be different now, but I think I would still prefer a scout.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 10:56:50 AM

I rolled on one once when I forgot to select Oasis in the character generation screen.

Zero interest in EQ2 pvp.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 07:19:46 PM

They never should have made EQ2 pvp servers. And then to balance the classes for PVP... Ugh. If they didn't balance for PvP and your only choice for winning at PvP was Wizard, then that would be fine.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: PVP Server  
Jump to: